Sign in to follow this  
Sir Stig

[ESL-ERA II-CH1-Cat A] WGO Lodge Number 9

Colonel Oystridge had been sent in advance to find accomodation for the White Glove Order expedition to find the fabled Superb Orchid. Everywhere he had asked they were fully booked, so he bought a private mansion, and had it converted into a WGO Lodge. This involved making a niche with an Owl and to Ravens, symbols of wisdom and foresight. A whaleoil lamp held in a handsculpted fixture, illuminated them nicely. New windows were fitted to set the right mood for when Miss Blumenskiold arrived.

39934194952_70aeac69b2_z.jpg

Miss Blumenskiold was a woman with an intense presence. As she approached, he noticed she was quite tall and an alluring scent made his mind drift. Colonel Oystridge could feel his authority dwindle away.

"Ahem.. Welcome to Jameston, Miss Blumenskiold. I hope you had a nice journey."

"Yes I did, thank you very much, mister...", she let the sentence hang.

"Oystridge. Colonel Oystridge.", the Colonel added.

"Oh, a military man. Well, I guess someone needs play war. I prefer to make love.", Miss Blumenskiold exclaimed nonchalantly.

"Ehrmm... I also prefer...." the Colonel started, but was abruptly interrupted by Miss Blumenskiold.

"I have been tasked with retrieving the Superb Orchid for the Order. Show me which way I should hold this map, so we can get on with it"

"Yes, let's get it on...  Ehh... I'm sorry.. I mean... I have people for those kind of things. I am more of a hands-on kind of leader", the Colonel found himself in a situation where he tried to excuse and prove himself to her. Her devilish charm had gotten a hold of him.

"Then show us the rooms and send for these people you know."

"We...", she gestured towards her assistants "..have work to do".

28186358489_05674b89dd_z.jpg

The Colonel felt his heart sink. He was filled with envy towards her followers, a botanist with the name of Carmo Chaves, and an experienced jungle guide called Arsenio.

Spoiler

39934197032_4faa75f879_z.jpg

39934195572_2aa4158b4e_z.jpg

Without minifigs.

This is my entry in Cat A of the Superb Orchid of Celestia. It was fun mimicking the style of Jameston, and trying out new techniques. I used Brickbuilts Skyrim Roof tutorial. I will license it as an Art&Culture.

Edited by Sir Stig

Looks really nice Sir Stig, has a very unique feel with the colored windows, owl and birds, and the torch!  :thumbup:  

Very nice house Sir Stig, I love the colour scheme and as mentioned that roof looks fantastic! The niche with the owl is a nice addition and the minifig combos, especially Miss Blumenskiold are great. Another great addition to Jameston!

I really like this house. Good texture, and your usual creativity with the windows. Great roof, and the white glove is :thumbup:.