Spud The Viking

[GBW - CP5] New Brickika - Behind Enemy Lines 5/8 - Extraction Point Delta

Map Name: Studica
Grid: E8

New Brickika had little experience fighting in frozen conditions so they opted to extract allied teams and small equipment with their mobile helicopters. 

28093581769_a8c66a9256_c.jpgGBW Campaign 5 - Riverside Extraction Team by Tom Gray, on Flickr

All was quiet for the two soldiers and maintenance guys waiting at the helipad.

28093580809_2aff4a8b0c_c.jpgGBW Campaign 5 - Riverside Extraction Team by Tom Gray, on Flickr

The small pad had a reasonable amount of ammunition supplies and a flood light for the harsh mountain terrain. 

26000415018_aaaa2b08cf_c.jpgGBW Campaign 5 - Riverside Extraction Team by Tom Gray, on Flickr

Limited building space meant this facility was constructed next to a small stream

26000412508_9112c7ace8_c.jpgGBW Campaign 5 - Riverside Extraction Team by Tom Gray, on Flickr

After many hours, the Filace troops arrived aboard the helicopter. 

39841202652_fc93ea225a_c.jpgGBW Campaign 5 - Riverside Extraction Team by Tom Gray, on Flickr

"A good trip, I hope?" the rather frozen New Brickian asked

No reply

"snipers, saying nothing as usual..." the soldier murmured under his breath.

39841200562_7022bbb008_c.jpgGBW Campaign 5 - Riverside Extraction Team by Tom Gray, on Flickr

The maintenance guy continued the back-braking work of clearing the snow.

A successful extraction, the Filace troops would then walk down-stream to the allied base.

____

More shots;

39841197772_d3cdfdca11_c.jpgGBW Campaign 5 - Riverside Extraction Team by Tom Gray, on Flickr

39841196762_f1d04750a1_c.jpgGBW Campaign 5 - Riverside Extraction Team by Tom Gray, on Flickr

39841195752_b1bdbf854c_c.jpgGBW Campaign 5 - Riverside Extraction Team by Tom Gray, on Flickr

____

Not that much going on but I focused on the overall look of the build and the fact I'm on a tight university schedule. I'm happy with the way it turned out, C&C welcome!

I like the helicopter and the overall scene: snow, water, and other equipment. Congratulations!

On 1/29/2018 at 5:20 PM, sigpro said:

I like the helicopter and the overall scene: snow, water, and other equipment. Congratulations!

Thanks

4 hours ago, paintballman said:

I like it. Clean terrain with many small details, like the lights. The helicopter is small but well build in a unique design

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

You’ve been awarded (6) points.

Judges’ comments…

To me the helicopter is the weakest part of this build and it's not bad. I am a fan of the rest of the build though. Your landscaping just blends very nicely, there is nothing overly complex about it, just nicely done. I always try to stress to people that it is the little things that matter most; I found your work lights to be intriguing and may use the design myself in the future. The only thing really lacking in a build like this is the ability for the story to really go anywhere because it is confined to this single open Helipad. Otherwise, very well done.     

SWEET BUILD!  The terrain and location of the landing pad is great!  We have the running stream, the layered shore line, and the snow, some of which is still on the pad.  Then there are the supplies and troops and flood light on the landing pad.  Then, we have the helo, which is a good build but looks so plain.  Almost as of you threw it together at the last minute.  And maybe you didn't, but with all those other details in the build and then the bland helo, I just think it could use some more detail.  Shadows and lighting were your enemy when it came to presentation.  If you cannot get outside, that's understandable.  Try to remove lampshades and use Full spectrum bulbs as that will give you the best lighting possible indoors.  Terrifice terrain though!!!    

I really liked the scenery -but Heli needs a lot of improvement...    

An impressive entry with many great details. The landscapping shows what you can do with a variety of plates, curves, and other random parts, and the landing pad is excellent, especially the details such as the floodlight. The helicopter is decent, but a little blocky. It would benefit greatly from some additional details and a more aerodynamic shape. 

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!