Sign in to follow this  
Professor Thaum

[Era II - Ch I - Cat. C] Meeting on the lake

previously

Doctor's Thaum diary

Near the geographical center of Celestia, January 618, the 29th

Celestia Superb Orchid Search, 24 th day

We ventured deep into the very heart of Celestia, from Orchid Bay on the north of the island. We choose a travel to the south, but the dense, hostile and  luxuriant jungle, make us to follow the easy path of a inner river.

From Orchid Bay our path would in fact be a south/south-east travel. We finally reach the center mountain peak, and we were searching for a fairly passable way when we oversee a shinny blue lake, with that seems to

be a ruined city on its shore.

Finally on the rocky shore of this lake, we found it... and friends. Another expedition reached the orchid, almost at the same moment.

Too bad that a lava flow and a wall of steam kept us away from the orchid, but I think that the lake and so the Orchid won't last long according to the damage caused to the surroundings by the terrible heat and the non-stop lava flow.

This was a sort of meeting at the end of a world.

1i01.png

However, this giant orchid (Fig A.) seemed to have been sanctified by ancient civilization of the island according to the shrine it lays upon and the statues around the shrine.

That giant orchid seems to offer delight to a kind of in keeping flying insect (Fig B. 1 and 2) Iauln was very interested to bring this insect with us but it was not interested in.

I don't think the colonel Allcock could bring this orchid back anywhere, it would have needed a big big flowerpot.

wvh2.jpg

d8wu.jpg : Fig A.

Phalaenopsis orchidaceae gigas

blub.jpg : Fig B 1

omca.jpg : Fig. B 2

Phalaenopsis macroglossum gigas

6nlm.jpg

Colonel sir Dirk Allcock : Doctor Thaum, I presume ?

Spoiler

e0rr.jpg

x2se.jpg

mi5m.jpg

hq92.png

credit for the orchid to my youngest son and to my wife for the broken statue

I finally succeed in rebuilding my cat C after the terminal crash of my PC...

C&C welcome, and thanks for the extra time.

Edited by Professor Thaum

Wow, that's quite a large entry Professor! The lava is well done and I like how you have made the adjoining vegetation scorched.  The giant insect is great, especially the wings! A great entry with lots of awesome details!

8 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Colonel sir Dirk Allcock : Doctor Thaum, I presume ?

lol

Nicely done micro sizing the various terrains to fit it all in your build! I also liked that you included stone statues.:thumbup:

The contrasts of the different environments are so well done in this MOC.

Also those statues, fantastic.

On 29/01/2018 at 10:54 PM, Ayrlego said:

Wow, that's quite a large entry Professor! The lava is well done and I like how you have made the adjoining vegetation scorched.  The giant insect is great, especially the wings! A great entry with lots of awesome details!

lol

thanks ! the lava and the scorched vegetation are an "upgrade" from my first built I lost the pics (it was first all about waterfalls but my son borrowed lots of dark grey parts I needed to fill the cliffs out and the trans blue tiles of the waterfall :facepalm: )

I make this built around the flying insect (as the crab in my first cat. B entry, the idea of this built came after this gigantic "dragonfly" )

On 30/01/2018 at 1:16 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Woohoo! Great stuff happening there! And that bug and the orchid are just gigantic!!!

Thanks, my son was very proud of this orchid :tongue:

On 30/01/2018 at 3:20 AM, Mike S said:

Nicely done micro sizing the various terrains to fit it all in your build! I also liked that you included stone statues.:thumbup:

Thanks to have noticed the microsizing of the various terrains, it's always a scale matter with lego, with my first LDD draft, the base was 112 x 112, so I had to cut it a lot and resize all the stuff !

Those stone statues were fun to built but hard to resize from a almost 8 x 12 x 8 cube from LDD.

On 03/02/2018 at 1:17 PM, Elostirion said:

The contrasts of the different environments are so well done in this MOC.

Also those statues, fantastic.

Thanks