Introduction; This MOC is my first attempt, specified in landscape, of this size.

The Story; "... In a galaxy far far away, somewhere in one of its corners, there is an unknown and isolated planet. In the center of the area where life has been developed, lies its oldest structure. A stone column with unknown carvings. But this is not the only peculiar thing about it. Every year, it lights up on its own and an abrupt hum is emitted. The next moment, something magical is happening! It's like the whole planet is coming alive - a heady aroma is overflowing everywhere, the flowers bloom, animals wake up and everyone enjoys this magical moment. This day has arrived, and all three tribes of the planet have gathered to celebrate the day of life. Everything rolls pleasantly, until a clank and a thunder shakes the calm atmosphere that prevails ... "

25070228547_619333a0f3_c.jpg

1. Honoring the Monolith MOC by George Patelis, on Flickr

28162088159_7e47802747_c.jpg

2. Crashing Site 

39909579562_5a59664d46_c.jpg

3. Crash Crater

26069615758_350e154310_c.jpg

7. The Ceremony

39231389944_818c2ace4d_c.jpg

8. The Stream

I am looking forward for your comments! You can find more pictures of my creation on my FlickR

Edited by Patgeo

Nice and scenic build with a really lovely backstory.:classic: I think it could use some more irregularities though. It all looks very orderly, even the parts that should be definitely messy and chaotic, like the skidmarks and the patterns of the vegetation. I would also intermix things a bit and add more variation to avoid having too much of the same plant pieces next to each other.

Thank you for your kind words Littlewords!

The thing is that I like things to be in order and in symmetry in general, and this is shown in my creations. Luckily, I try to put it aside and escape from this pattern but I have a lot of work ahead of me! 

Regarding the variety of the plants, unfortunatelly I have limited stock, so I tried to do my best with the parts that were available.

Yes, I see. In that respect, maybe try some elevation changes. Using plate pieces to create slight differences in height - little things that visually break things up a bit.:classic:

Thank you for your comment Juxtapoisson. I am having some thoughts regarding an expansion of this MOC, but I am not sure which direction it will follow.

Interesting build. It does look quite alien. Personally, it's not my favourite because it uses weird colour combinations but I guess that's just my style. 

On 29/01/2018 at 5:47 PM, Patgeo said:

It's like the whole planet is coming alive

I'd like to see more vibrancy. 

It's a good start for your first moc of this scale. Sorry if it sounds too critical.

Venefic, thank you for you kind comments!

The colours that were used, was to make it look different and alien! Of course, my point of view is not alsways in the same dirrection as others, but this of course is not a problem :classic:

Regarding the vibrancy that you mention, I had some thoughts which eventually I couldn't incorporate, so the resault is the above.

Your use of colors is awesome and the landscape is pretty. 

I think my only critique, is that the trail of turned up dirt behind the escape pod is a bit too repetitive. I think it needs a few spots where maybe the mounds of dirt collapsed after the pod passed, something to make it look less like a pattern. 

11 hours ago, sander1992 said:

Nice use of colors in this landscape and great job on the crash site. :thumbup:

Thank you sander1992!

2 hours ago, Forresto said:

Your use of colors is awesome and the landscape is pretty. 

I think my only critique, is that the trail of turned up dirt behind the escape pod is a bit too repetitive. I think it needs a few spots where maybe the mounds of dirt collapsed after the pod passed, something to make it look less like a pattern. 

Thank you for your comments Forresto! The idea with the dirt, is very nice to be honest! Also, as I mentioned above, I like harmony a lot in my creations, and quite recently I started to make some steps to overcome this, "fault"!