The Lego brick turned 60 years old, so I thought I need to celebrate it with a fun little Technic creation. Nomen est omen - I created a racing brick :)

I wanted to have a brick built cover first but I quicky realised that I do not have enough system bricks of the same color to create the studs. Then I found my son's lunchbox, and things escalated quickly :) This was just a very quick build yesterday evening, nothing special inside - 2 geared up L motors driving the rear wheels through a differential, Servo for steering, V2 receiver and a rechargeable battery box. Wanted to stick to original Lego PF components this time :) It's a fun little ride, might refine it later on.

This is how it looks like without the cover:

PANA1705_EB_ret.jpg

PANA1707_EB_ret.jpg

Edited by kbalage

Thank you guys :) @I_Igor & @Aventador2004 since it uses a non-Lego piece (although it is Lego-branded :laugh:) it does not qualify for TC13. Maybe with a brick-built cover, but without steering it looses a lot of fun factor :)

21 hours ago, kbalage said:

Thank you guys :) @I_Igor & @Aventador2004 since it uses a non-Lego piece (although it is Lego-branded :laugh:) it does not qualify for TC13. Maybe with a brick-built cover, but without steering it looses a lot of fun factor :)

Perhaps it could be made with LEGO parts, but perhaps it would be to heavy :wink:

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Perhaps it could be made with LEGO parts, but perhaps it would be to heavy :wink:

It could be done, with those bigger wall panels that are pretty light. It'd need a lower gearing probably - or a buggy motor and a BuWizz :devil:

2 minutes ago, kbalage said:

It could be done, with those bigger wall panels that are pretty light. It'd need a lower gearing probably - or a buggy motor and a BuWizz :devil:

Agree,but now on 2018 sets topic...Bugatti will  blow our minds :devil:

1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

Agree,but now on 2018 sets topic...Bugatti will  blow our minds :devil:

I was waiting for something different.. not a big fan of the Chiron's design. We'll have to have some cool C models :)

49 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I was waiting for something different.. not a big fan of the Chiron's design. We'll have to have some cool C models :)

Agree at least partly; some muscle car would be interesting with those wheels, I usually buy sets for parts, but for my (future) models I need only smaller tractor tires

Edited by I_Igor

Good birthday idea/wish.  :classic:

For TC-13, you could brick build the 2x4 out of regular LEGO pieces but it'll be heavier than the lunch box.