Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR Jan FB] Chocolate Shop, Jameston

Early last year, the then Captain Dirk Allcock financed a small cocoa plantation just outside King's Harbour. Since then, the chocolate industry has boomed and John Cadbury's plantation has expanded. Now, he has sent his daughter Elise to open a shop in the rapidly expanding settlement of Jameston. Elise supervised the construction of the shop herself, and Jameston's colourful style was perfect for her to paint the first floor of the building in the purple that is rapidly becoming a trademark of her father's company. Importing chocolates and cocoa powder from Cocovia, the shop opened just in time to capitalise on all the visitors flooding into town on expeditions to find Celestia's superb orchid.

28173273659_ff46cd3436_c.jpg

A medium commerce to raise Jameston to city status. It is actually on a 32x32 base however for some reason when it rendered it didn't render the base or detail??? I will redo when I get home next weekend, but as it took almost 6 hours to render on my laptop - I don't really want to try again only to get the same result! Edit: Updated with complete render

Edited by Ayrlego

I thought i would post as i was looking at this with the ipod on random chris maithien comes on with i love chocolate ... Haha good build 6 hrs ... Ouch

I would really like to see this in real bricks with a clever interior

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

Nice build @Ayrlego, I like the purple Aesthetic. The build turned out well, and really showcases your abilities, even in LDD.

No interior though....

Ahhh, the complete rendering looks a lot better than the half-rendered image.

Another solid addition to Jameston, though nothing spectacular considering your usual standards. ;-) 

However I do think those colours match perfectly and also the pink is a wonderful choice for a chocolate shop. Also the window frames at the lower floor are really cool.

That violet facade really pops.  Nice choice.

Not sure I would have had the roof peak jut out like that, but envious of the rest of your work for sure. :pir-laugh: