This lego great ball contraption module uses "forks" attached to a conveyor belt to move the marbles. The forks are just tight enough to hold the marbles while still being loose enough for them to come out easily.

Lego GBC Fork Conveyor Module photos

Here you can see the unload mechanism:

Lego GBC Fork Conveyor Module photos

Edited by sawyer klegr

14 hours ago, RohanBeckett said:

nifty use of the string - any reason why?  or just wanted to try something different?

Yes, I used the strings because a normal ramp would block the view of to much of the module.

Man, this is a really nice one!

I really like the mechanics.

What I dont like so much is the general look and from my personal taste, the conveyor belt could be a bit longer. When I build one of this one time, I will try to give it a more akiyuki-like look.

But again: really cool module!

The stop&go mechanism visible from 01:15 in the video, is really awesome!

What was your calculation basis for that? Or is it just a result of trial and error?

Edited by Frequenzberater

Ok, after extensively thinking about it, i came to the conclusion, that there is no magic happen and also no calculation is required to achieve this motion :D

The size of the here used black 20 tooth gear does only affect the length of the stop and go motion travel. The motion itself would be achieved by using any kind of gear in this configuration, am I right?

Edited by Frequenzberater

On 17/02/2018 at 1:54 AM, Frequenzberater said:

Ok, after extensively thinking about it, i came to the conclusion, that there is no magic happen and also no calculation is required to achieve this motion :D

The size of the here used black 20 tooth gear does only affect the length of the stop and go motion travel. The motion itself would be achieved by using any kind of gear in this configuration, am I right?

Yes, you are right (sorry it took so long to reply)