Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR EraII ChI CatC] Temple Ruins

After pushing further into the mountains, Colonel Allcock's party begin to discover signs that there was once an advanced civilisation inhabiting this area. Stones are found that were clearly once shaped into bricks. After pushing on, they discover the ruins of a large city complex, which will take many weeks to explore. 

39194468224_3cdb03b8b9_c.jpg

An excerpt from Dirk's journal:

The ruins here are extensive, however, the jungle has in parts almost completely reclaimed them. It will take a long time to fully explore them and our expedition is ill-equipped to do so. I have made a map showing the location so that a larger team can do so in the future.  As for orchids they are abundant, but I see none that really stand out. However, I fear the complex is so big, that the superb orchid could be just around the corner and we would miss it - another expedition could be exploring another part of these ruins and I believe we may never run into one another. 

Innovative trunk design! :classic:
So much vegetation must be a challenge in LDD??

23 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

I assume this is the first part of an ongoing story?

@Bregir @Elostirion @Lord Buckethead and @SilentWolf are continuing the story.

1 minute ago, Gideon said:

Innovative trunk design! :classic:
So much vegetation must be a challenge in LDD??

Thanks, Gideon, it's not mine though, It was first done by Mark here, and I tried it in real bricks here. Vegetation is a real pain in LDD, I didn't get anywhere near the density that I wanted! So many times I wished for real bricks!

Another true beauty from you. Most certainly some of the best LDD vegetation I have ever seen. Great to see a reference to the cults of Cascadia included. :-) 

And lovely work to pick up the ruins-style. Just looking fantastic!

Excellent understated job on the ruins! But there's still enough there to be interesting, and it all looks very natural. I feel like I could stumble across that in a nearby field. And the tree trunk made of of pith helmets is great! :thumbup: