TheBeeze

[GBW - CP5] Filace - Behind Enemy Lines 2/8 - Bird in the Woods

Filace CP5- Bird in the Woods
Part 2 of 8 COAC Campaign 

Map Name: Studica
Grid: E8

After the shoot down of the COAC Jets flying over Xenor, the COAC embarked on a multiheaded Campaign to rescue the downed aviators and get them back to safety. Captain Beeze's team was briefed on the situation and where they would come into play in this large Operation. 

39855263721_5e0f1aa393_z.jpg
/url]Great Brick War -On the Flight Line. https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/forum/180-the-great-brick-war by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

Standing on the Flight Line the team was detailed on how they would be HALO Dropping into Xenor territory. The team was to jump from a cargo aircraft flying a commercial route to avoid detection by the Xenor Air Force. 

39907377302_4b0b3a8762_c.jpg
Great Brick War - CP05 by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

Once on the ground, the team would have a 4 Mile hike on foot. 

39939649751_75a19229e2_c.jpg

The team would be moving under cover of dark.

39041264835_a94e14c565_c.jpg

Their target: a Harrier out post close to the border. The Xenor airforce built small cutouts in the wooded areas along the mountains to take advantage of the Harriers VTOL capabilities. The bases were extremely difficult to spot. It was essential to take out as many of them on the ground as they could to support the aerial aspect of the rescue and for future aerial operation in the AO.

39944756771_33784a3d72_c.jpg
Great Brick War CP5 by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

The base well guarded by units from Xenor's Mountain Regiment.

39234452344_f09e714eac_c.jpg

39912772602_e47e0da23f_c.jpg

The team crept up to the pad. Their intentions were to try and get in close enough that they could blow the pad with C4.

28165284889_9e61138918_c.jpg

The team was spotted and a fire fight broke out

39229065604_5416819b06_c.jpg

The pilot made a break for the Harrier.

26072499448_4a274700da_c.jpg

The team was now heavily engaged and putting immense amounts of fire down range to suppress the enemy as they heard the Jet roar to life on the pad.

25073222637_bd63bdc5ff_c.jpg

The team armed their LAW Rocket and took aim at the Jet as it started raining down cannon fire on their positions

39229066554_3b2e160959_c.jpg

The jet was clipped just under the wing and crashed landed on the edge of the pad with pilot ejecting shortly before impact

39907375942_34587d831c_c.jpg

With their mission now complete, the team quickly broke contact and exited the area before enemy reinforcements arrived

39048680155_07f82b2a8d_c.jpg
Great Brick War- CP5 by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

The mission was complete, but the team was far from safe. A pursuer had picked up their trail.

39048539185_7a3112a7cc_c.jpg
Great Brick War- CP5 by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

On 1/29/2018 at 9:21 AM, Spud The Viking said:

I like the expenditure quality of the minifigs. 

I see what you did there! haha thanks man. 

The harrier is amazing! I also really like the nightfall/darkness effect. It adds up well to your story.

Excellent work!

You’ve been awarded (8) points.

Judges’ comments…

Not sure how you do it, but your pics always look kinda grainy?  I think it's the very dark backgrounds you utilize in all of your pics.  The shot with the troops with their black gear against the black background, in front of the trees, that one was rough to decipher.  That being said, I think you have a great concept, hidden airbase, and a strike team airdropping in.  The jump scene was great to see made into LEGO and considering the painstaking effort you have been making on the Harrier, I'm glad to see it turnout the way it did.  Too bad it had to get blown up in it's first appearance!!!    

Nice Harrier! But thr quality of the  pictures should be better (Light, background). Don't ask me ;-)     

That Harrier certainly takes the cake for this build, and the outfitted troops are very nice, too. The setting is good with the trees and snow, but the airbase seems to be lacking. Fuel tanks, barracks, fences, and lights are all missing. Even if it's a secret base, at least some of these details are still required for basic operations, and would be nice to include.

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!