Hum... Not sure how I have to consider this thread...

If you want his plans, then you have to buy them. I saw your previous comments on Anio's thread asking for the LDD file. Problems with building it the way you want to: 1) It will probably crash LDD considering the piece count. 2) It will likely spark bad blood since you have to buy his plans. Chinese knockoff brands have already stolen his designs. At least get the plans the right way.

the Lepin model is not the same. I purchased the lepin set and used the bricks with Anio's instructions (which I also bought. He does not ask much). Still had to bricklink the missing pieces. I had the opportunity to compare the instructions and while similiar, Anio's are noticeably better. The lepin one did not even finish as there is a huge hole infront of the bridge. do yourself a favor and get Anio's

He’s not doing himself a favour by buying the instructions instead of trying to come up with a solution himself.

I like what you’ve got so far @Midlife-crisis. Keep going regardless of what others say, it’s a good challenge.

My suggestion - if you bought the instructions and you are building in LDD according to those, you should not post random build updates but only showcase your MODs, once you get there. The picture you posted so far does not show anything I could identify as any change or improvement (I don't say there is not, but if yes, then you should point them out.). Hence the only information this post possibly conveys is the picture of the WIP LDD construction of Anios Venator, which is unnecessary and he might be even rightfully offended.

If you somehow just reverse engineer the model from say pictures you found on forums, then you are probably good to share whatever you like.

In all honesty, though, I am getting sick of how popular topics like this became. 'Hey, I am thinking about doing this cool thing, so far I opened LDD and placed some bricks in - you guys tell me what you think!' -whats the point?

All people can respond in this moment is either positive or negative encouragement. 'cool idea, looking forward to what you make!'. Thats nice to hear but besides emotional value it is worthless. 

I would much rather see people self-moderate their own content and try to actually have something worth presenting before they jump in and share. This is a general complaint, not just against this topic, yet this is a good example.

This is really like some next level of WIP topic. The only instance in which I would consider it worthy would be if the idea was actually brand new, original. Then, perhaps, it makes sense to 'tease it out' to get peoples opinions and feedback, or just create some excitement. Here, people did MODs to this build many, many times already - therefore until you actually have some MOD to share, I consider your teaser post really expandable.

Don't get me wrong. Making improvements on the old design and sharing them is a GREAT thing. The only thing I am braging about is the way you decided to present it.

the rough 1st version - Part count ~460 for one engine.

4x4 Dish is too small 6x6 is rare but imho the better choice if placed a bit more outside than in the current version.

The cylinder is nearly empty beside some structural elements.

Sorry for bothering you with WIP Pics.

bilder-venatorenginerfhki7.jpg

Topic locked in 3, 2, 1...

58 minutes ago, Anio said:

Topic locked in 3, 2, 1...

Agreed; I don't seem much point in keeping it open so I'll lock it.

If anyone would like it unlocked please PM me.