Sign in to follow this  
Flavius Gratian

[COR - Era II, Challenge I, Cat A - Setting up Camp] Temporary diplomatic office

Samuel Barlow had been sent to Celestia by Her Majesty's diplomatic service. The recent influx of adventurers to the island, in search of some kind of temple and orchid, was seen as a potential risk to relations between Corrington and the natives, especially as none had actually been established. With Consul Montoya missing the responsibility had fallen on Mr Barlow, despite his relatively low rank in the service.

He had been deleyed in Mooreton Bay when he was requested to form the jury during a court case on piracy, but since the trial seemed to have gone on hiatus for a few weeks Samuel decided to go on with his mission. Arriving at Jameston he had hoped to coordinate his efforts with Governor Allcock, even he had apparently run off into this madness.

Fortunately, the diplomatic service had made some arrangements so Samuel would be accompanied into the jungle by a few locals, led by a man named Edward, who knew the terrain and could carry the baggage. Mr Barlow had further hoped to recieve protection from some of the regulars but all of them were busy with the new pirate threats and keeping order in town with all the adventurers. Instead he had been assigned a few drydocked seamen commanded by a Royal Navy boatswain named Higgs. Samuel had arranged to meet them both outside his temporary office and residence.

39931216021_29fd77679d_z.jpg

39220594944_4af76134d6_c.jpg
Temporary diplomatic office

The participants on the mission:

Mr Samuel Barlow
39032899365_c050d09bca_n.jpg

Edward and his crew
39931214811_8011c0020d_n.jpg

Mr Higgs and the boys
39032900035_daa04aa331.jpg

OOC: At first I had a completely different design for the house but realised it wasn't similar to the Jameston look at all, so I had to rebuild it. I'm pretty happy with the result! You'll get to see the old one in another setting in the future.

Edit: I've now added an interior.

Edited by Flavius Gratian

A solid build, and a nice expedition crew. You have captured the "Jameston style" indeed, well done! :thumbup:

Great little office in the colourful style of Jameston. It was about time we had a blue building! I don't think I've seen a reddish brown slope roof before - it looks good. Will you license as a residence? 

Great presentation of your company, especially the posing of Mr Higgs and the boys is outstanding. :-) 

On 2018-01-27 at 8:42 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

I think it works well seems like a well rounded crew ... Look forward to your journey

Thank you! Hope you have enjoyed the following entries!

On 2018-01-27 at 9:47 PM, Drunknok said:

A solid build, and a nice expedition crew. You have captured the "Jameston style" indeed, well done! :thumbup:

Thank you very much! I'm glad that you think it works!

On 2018-01-28 at 10:33 PM, Ayrlego said:

Great little office in the colourful style of Jameston. It was about time we had a blue building! I don't think I've seen a reddish brown slope roof before - it looks good. Will you license as a residence? 

Thanks! Yes, I was think about what colours had already been used and thought it would work. I will licence it as a recidence, yes.

On 2018-01-30 at 10:15 AM, Elostirion said:

Great presentation of your company, especially the posing of Mr Higgs and the boys is outstanding. :-) 

Thank you! I try do make my minifigs look as alive as possible, and I think I've gotten the hang of it!