Sign in to follow this  
BrickMusher

[MOC] NOHAB Mx & My Roundnoses

Hello everyone,

today I would like so present You my NOHAB Roundnoses. The MOC´s are older, but I took new pictures and finally uploaded them to my flickr-account. Two more are WIP, but I am still waiting for parts. So expect more to come in the next weeks :wink:

http://39030657745_c605f689bf_c.jpgNOHAB inspired Roundnose by Brick Musher, auf Flickr

http://25057561207_a4a850b3d1_c.jpgNOHAB inspired Roundnose by Brick Musher, auf Flickr

Please see also the complete album on flickr.

Thanks for watching

BrickMusher

Neat parts usage! I never thought I'd see those canopy parts used anywhere other than aircraft, so very well done! I love the SNOT work done to achieve the stripes along the side of the locomotive at the same height as on the nose, it all looks very tidy. Good work!

I have quite a few of the 2014 Arctic sets broken down, including one of that helicopter canopy! This MOC is perfect fit what I had in mind for it all! Is there an LDD file or similar for this that you'd make available? I'd love to see how it's put together. It looks fresh in the arctic orange!

Hello,

many thanks for your kind words. The ordered parts have arrived, so there are more of this engine/canopy-family coming soon.

Unfortunately my computer broke down, so all the photo-posting for this and other threads will have some delay, sorry for that. Hope I am back again next weekend...

@Toxic43  I am not sure if I have ever maked a LDD file of this trains, but I will take some pictures when assembeling the new units, so please be patient but stay tuned at the same time, I will post asap.

Regards

Thanks! I really like the style! My little boy has been asking me to make a train with the orange helicopter canopy for ages now. Your pictures have inspired me, so thank you for that. Now I actually have to build the thing! I have ordered parts for 2, 6 wide petrol tankers this month so won't be able to do another Bricklink raid for a while. Gotta save up, then I'll do a MOC based on this.

The white one looks like all it's missing is a few Octan stickers. Definitely a nice parts usage for an unloved piece. They give a certain 1950-1970 European feel.

UPDATE

http://30263056738_3d8b694842_z.jpgIMGP0679 (Large) by Brick Musher, auf Flickr

A couple of weeks ago, I was asked by @AE bricks about more pictures of my NOHAB inspired Loco´s.

Meanwhile I got a new camera, build a photobox and fixed my broken Laptop..... so eventually I like to present one of my newest MOC´s

I choose the same livery as TLC used for the new cargo-train 60198. And implemented warm white Duo-LED. When changing direction of driving, the lights automatically switch from white to red.

As always, you will find more pics at my flickr-page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/156473872@N02/

29193158607_ab017cf8af_z.jpgIMGP0682 (Large) by Brick Musher, auf Flickr

Hope you enjoy.

Regards

BrickMusher

5 hours ago, BrickMusher said:

A couple of weeks ago, I was asked by @AE bricks about more pictures of my NOHAB inspired Loco´s.

As always, you will find more pics at my flickr-page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/156473872@N02/

29193158607_ab017cf8af_z.jpgIMGP0682 (Large) by Brick Musher, auf Flickr

Great build  :wub:

Believe it or not but green nose pieces is exactly what i was planning on a new moc, but the cockpit/fuselage parts are realy hard to find on BL in that color since they only appear in 1 set i noticed. Almost bought them in regular blue but then started to wonder if it wouldn't look to much like a police train... Dark blue is still an option now :laugh:

These are quite appealing ... The smooth lines translate well ... Its a shame they used this train part on airplanes hahaha

On 8/19/2018 at 8:32 PM, AE bricks said:

Dark blue is still an option now :laugh:

So here it is ... finaly. Dark blue as planned and dark red contrast.

Lego B class loc (img1)Lego B class loc (img5)

More photos in the album. 

Edited by AE bricks

6 hours ago, AE bricks said:

So here it is ... finaly. Dark blue as planned and dark red contrast.

Lego B class loc (img1)Lego B class loc (img5)

More photos in the album. 

Favorite colors so far lol

Since this topic has been bumped, I gotta say, I really love the use of the cargo plane/helicopter cockpit piece to replicate the "bulldog nose" you'd find on NOHAB MX/Y, EMD E/F units & Victorian Railways Class B/A Locomotives.  Even though it has some "sunroof" windows where the original trains didn't I still think that this solution is one of the best, overall, for making this type of locomotive, at least in 6-wide.

As a matter of fact, I'm planning on using a similar design to make a mutant dual-cab evolved hybrid electro-diesel F-unit for my main faction's army logistics command, rail transport division, which will be mostly red with a white stripe.