26051883298_4f359511ec_b.jpg

Once i wanted to make a baja truck, and i failed. though as you should do in life, i stood up and tried again. and suddenly, i had a frame. and a 'little' later i had a baja truck.

fuctions:

Full suspension: Front; double wishbone (travel: 1.5 studs)
                           Rear: live axle (travel: 5 studs)

RTC steering (Servo motor)
RWD (XL-motor)
Full RC

I started making a front suspension which had to be soft and a good height clearance and RTC stearing. After a while i had a very sturdy stearing module, so i started making the rear axle.The XL motor is mounted on the live axle. it has a 1.66:1 which gives it a speed of 243.4 RPM and 8.7 N.cm. of torque. I used the short steering link to make the suspension freëer then used the 3X5 L links to connect to the springs.

The battery is pretty high above the center of mass, but it doesn't affect the performance weardly. the IR receiver is possitioned just under the widnshield which makes it pretty easy to reach.

The body is made out of 3 pieces, The bumper, a nose scoop and the rest of the body. the body is connected in 14 points to the chassis, the scoop only at 2 and the bumper in 6 places.

I might do instructions on the chassis, but i don't know if i will on the body (only if enough demand).

39891938412_e769d2218e_b.jpg
39026127765_9e295d2cef_b.jpg
39026115515_e17457f20c_b.jpg
39891931042_36bdb9c6eb_b.jpg
39891945142_e332170fc2_b.jpg
39026280945_f70fff58ee_b.jpg

Greetz
TNLD

more pictures:https://flic.kr/s/aHskvfPA6Y

LXF file of the chassis: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2w3uet74f11bamk/Baja_Truck.lxf

Edited by TheNextLegoDesinger
incorrect info, added LXF file

Looks strange. 

Wheelbase needs to be longer. This looks more like monstertruck.

It looks like the front suspension has gone a little flat up front with that extreme stance. Also trophy trucks have huge amounts of suspension travel, both front and rear. From memory, so maybe not that accurate, the front is around 26 inches of travel and the rear is around 32 inches. Going off that ratio, the front suspension of your truck should have around 4 studs of travel. Trophy trucks also use trailing arms in the rear, usually in a triangulated 4 link setup, with the shocks and dampeners attached to the trailing arms. I’m being really nit picky though.

That is enough criticism. I really like the body styling, it caught my eye when I opened the thread, the hood scoop adds a nice texture to the hood. And I like the feel of the body, minimalistic without looking like a skeleton.:thumbup:

I do hope that you take my initial criticisms in a constructive way. I’ve studied trophy trucks inside and out, as well as built a few chassis that I haven’t shared online, bodywork is the bane of my LEGO existence, so the trucks have never been completed.  I look forward to seeing any further generations that you build.

It looks really aggressive (which I like) but your rear suspension is not connected to the rear axle. I hope to make a trophy truck myself and found some great images on google. Maybe just a bit more research and some development time and you will have a great truck.

H

40 minutes ago, John Daniels said:

It looks like the front suspension has gone a little flat up front with that extreme stance. Also trophy trucks have huge amounts of suspension travel, both front and rear. From memory, so maybe not that accurate, the front is around 26 inches of travel and the rear is around 32 inches. Going off that ratio, the front suspension of your truck should have around 4 studs of travel. Trophy trucks also use trailing arms in the rear, usually in a triangulated 4 link setup, with the shocks and dampeners attached to the trailing arms. I’m being really nit picky though.

That is enough criticism. I really like the body styling, it caught my eye when I opened the thread, the hood scoop adds a nice texture to the hood. And I like the feel of the body, minimalistic without looking like a skeleton.:thumbup:

I do hope that you take my initial criticisms in a constructive way. I’ve studied trophy trucks inside and out, as well as built a few chassis that I haven’t shared online, bodywork is the bane of my LEGO existence, so the trucks have never been completed.  I look forward to seeing any further generations that you build.

thnx for the constructive feedback. i'll take it in account for my next one. this one wasn't purposibly build to be a baja truck i just wanted a thingie to drive around in my room, while having superb outdoor performance. As for the body, it's what i wanted to create, something minimalistic but just enough detail.

33 minutes ago, Horace T said:

It looks really aggressive (which I like) but your rear suspension is not connected to the rear axle. I hope to make a trophy truck myself and found some great images on google. Maybe just a bit more research and some development time and you will have a great truck.

H

yeah, i wanted that agreassive look, the front window is only 3 syuds tall so it gives that extra aggresive look. as for the research, noted down ;)

Truck is interesting, my first thought was "that's a monster truck" but it is a nice design. I think having the front so low doesn't help the looks much, and it's not super realistic for a Baja Truck. However, I do like the minimalist style you used.

That first photo is amazing! Good job!

thnx, yeah maybe i should call it different, ideas? thnx that phot was not easy to make, taking everything i got uot of my motorola moto X4 smartphone, depth mode, then some overdone post processing, it's my best picture i've taken yet and i love it (it,s my background photo on my phone :D )