Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

[COR - Era II - Callenge 1 - Cat. C] The Superb Orchid of Celestia

39913659081_099cc790d7_c.jpg

After days of climbing steep mountains, trekking through dense jungles, and wading through mucky swamps, our adventurous foursome have finally found what they were searching for, the superb orchid of Celestia. Growing atop the roof of an ancient temple, the orchid is the largest the group has ever seen.

25042008077_a9d278cc5f_c.jpg

"This is it, my friends!" yelled Reynald Wilkins. "I know!" the other three responded in unison. "I don't have to be a botany expert to know that just has to be the rumored superb orchid," Fulk Goodere added. "I can already feel the fame of this discovery settling upon me!" Harry exclaimed. Unfortunately for the group of four friends, they did not see the danger literally right around the corner.

26040628848_2dcd40b0c1_c.jpg

25042010917_cdab93db9b_c.jpg

The sheer size of the temple ruins are impressive and the vegetation blends in well. I especially like the odd pink leaf pieces you've added - I'll have to experiment with that myself some time. The orchid is simple yet effective. I like the 'flame' colours used. Hopefully your expedition escapes the danger around that corner and makes it out of the jungle alive!

Mike after the inn, you have outdone yourself again! This entry is also spectacular, sufficiently big and with nice details. Using tan for the pyramid is a nice idea! The orchid's colors (orange-red) also match each other well. Upside down old palm leaves also work well at your palm trees. :thumbup:

Great use of all those various pieces for the vegetation, I particularly like the dinosaur tails and the long seaweed pieces in the stairs :classic:

The tan wood bricks work very good!

Nice job on the vegetation surrounding the temple. The whole atmosphere feels right!

A wonderful built : my favorite for this challenge... the temple in tan is great, so are those inverted palm trees !

A great job with plant cover

The orchid is beautiful !

Scoundrels powaaaaaaa ! :thumbup::grin:

Great ruins and vegetation!  I love the trailing vines and slithering palm trees and the orchid on top is really nice too!  :thumbup: 

You deserve many more comments for this stunning MOC.

Impressive temple ruins. Amazing vegetation cover all over the MOC. Great palmtrees, a nice expedition crew, and an absolutely terrific orchid (perfect colour choice for the MOC).

The best part, though, for me is the overall atmosphere of the MOC, which is just outstanding. Such a great entry, I absolutely love it!

On 1/27/2018 at 12:06 AM, Ayrlego said:

The sheer size of the temple ruins are impressive and the vegetation blends in well. I especially like the odd pink leaf pieces you've added - I'll have to experiment with that myself some time. The orchid is simple yet effective. I like the 'flame' colours used. Hopefully your expedition escapes the danger around that corner and makes it out of the jungle alive!

On 1/27/2018 at 10:49 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Mike after the inn, you have outdone yourself again! This entry is also spectacular, sufficiently big and with nice details. Using tan for the pyramid is a nice idea! The orchid's colors (orange-red) also match each other well. Upside down old palm leaves also work well at your palm trees. :thumbup:

16 hours ago, Elostirion said:

You deserve many more comments for this stunning MOC.

Impressive temple ruins. Amazing vegetation cover all over the MOC. Great palmtrees, a nice expedition crew, and an absolutely terrific orchid (perfect colour choice for the MOC).

The best part, though, for me is the overall atmosphere of the MOC, which is just outstanding. Such a great entry, I absolutely love it!

Thanks for the comments! As for the orchid, I was trying to duplicate the Queen of Orchids growth and color.

On 1/27/2018 at 3:33 PM, Gideon said:

Great use of all those various pieces for the vegetation, I particularly like the dinosaur tails and the long seaweed pieces in the stairs :classic:

Thank you! If I was a bit more organized and had a lot more time, I would have liked to spend more time on the vegetation.

On 1/29/2018 at 3:34 AM, Maxim I said:

The tan wood bricks work very good!

Nice job on the vegetation surrounding the temple. The whole atmosphere feels right!

Thanks!

On 1/29/2018 at 7:06 AM, Professor Thaum said:

A wonderful built : my favorite for this challenge... the temple in tan is great, so are those inverted palm trees !

A great job with plant cover

The orchid is beautiful !

Scoundrels powaaaaaaa ! :thumbup::grin:

Thanks, I appreciate it!

On 1/29/2018 at 10:11 AM, Kai NRG said:

Great ruins and vegetation!  I love the trailing vines and slithering palm trees and the orchid on top is really nice too!  :thumbup: 

Thank you!

@Mike S

To Reynald Wilkins,

Your report on an ancient temple and the discovery of a unique orchid has reached the Royal Society, and the peer review has evaluated it to high scientific standards. There is little doubt of the scientific importance of these finds, despite so much still being unknown about the long lost civilisation of Celestia and the mysterious orchids growing there.

As a result, we should like to invite you to give your initiation lecture to the Royal Society at your convenience, after which you will be considered a full fellow of the society.

The Royal Society hopes that you will engage in further studies into both orchids and ruins. Hence, we have bestowed upon you a research grant of 50 dbs to enable you to continue your scientific career.

Sincerely

The executive committee

The Royal Society of Natural Philosophy