Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-FB] Sticky Business

Type: Medium Factory

Ever since the emergence of the WTC, horse life spans had decreased significantly.

39886006982_3723af0057_z.jpgSticky Business by North White, on Flickr

But the WTC was never an organization to cause problems! 

39918772181_a6777a3c50_z.jpgSticky Business by North White, on Flickr

And so, Horse Skeletons were brought to the WTC's processing center in Arlinsport

39918772131_6a1a98b048_z.jpgSticky Business by North White, on Flickr

A large loading dock allows for loading from both land and sea. 

28138612659_b4c91587ff_z.jpgSticky Business by North White, on Flickr

39918772141_e98156c552_z.jpgSticky Business by North White, on Flickr

Inside, skeletons are dismembered into small pieces. 

39208120484_98df7d3b98_z.jpgSticky Business by North White, on Flickr

Next, they are boiled into a sticky gel that makes an easy glue for uses throughout the colonies

28138612689_8baeb02088_z.jpgSticky Business by North White, on Flickr

All that's left is loading them into crates!

28138612609_09af81e990_z.jpgSticky Business by North White, on Flickr

WTC: A leading pioneer in innovation. 

FIN

Thanks for viewing my factory! This build should finally nudge Arlinsport into city territory, and bring Corrington into a new age of science, and innovation. I'm actually quite proud of this one, although I'm not entirely sure if my portrayal of glue making is accurate. Either way I'm happy with it. C&C appreciated!

I agree, this is definitely an improvement and worth being proud of. I think the addition of the undercover area out the front and the jetty out the back really add to the MOC and are probably what makes it stand out compared to some of your others. That and the complete roof. Anyway good job and the effort you've put into progressing Arlinsport with these last two builds is most appreciated by the faction!

Nice one! You can be proud of this build, for it is all around well done. The inside is functional and good looking, I like the structured walls and the detachable roof, and the loading dock is a great idea. The working process is illustrated correctly, with all the necessary steps - and historically, bone glue was essential for producing a lot of things. I highly recommend the Wikipedia article about Animal Glue, especially for this:

Stereotypically, the animal in question is a horse, and horses that are put down are often said to have been "sent to the glue factory".

:pir-grin:

The only minor improvements I can think of would be additional details on the road (small light grey plates and/or tiles for a cobblestone effect maybe), and maybe using the roof section for either some steps of the production process (the glue is dried at the end, which would be done on the roof here I guess) or some relaxing workers.

An overall great build with some clever ideas, Arlinsport can be proud of it!

6 hours ago, Mesabi said:

WTC: A leading pioneer in innovation.

True story! :thumbup:

P.S.: Why are there multiple crates of explosives? :look:

Edited by Drunknok

OMG! WTC even uses the bones of the "sausaged" horses!!! Such a travesty! :tongue: :tongue: Your ideas (such as this glue factory) Mesabi never cease to amaze me! :wink:

Hmm, looks like I have to protect my horse ranch better :p

Barbars!!

It is indeed one of your better MOC's Mesabi!