Trekkie99

Sleeve cuffs for minifig arms. (Has this been done before?)

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this before, or if it's already a popular trick, but I just thought I'd share a little something I like to add to some of my minifigs.

39879217472_0236cefff1.jpg

By cutting very short segments of flexible pneumatic hose, and slipping one on each hand, you can make sleeve cuffs! The minifig above is meant to represent me as a minifig, and I thought it was a nice little touch to add to my sweet space jacket. :grin:

Cheers.

LMF.

6 minutes ago, Barbabrique said:

Well, I haven't seen this before, but that's a very cool idea!

Thanks! The space torso I've used reminds more of a football jacket, and I felt it was missing some cuffs. :laugh:

That's a pretty novel idea, and it works rather nicely! :thumbup:

Until now, I've never seen you do minifigure photography, and it looks pretty sharp! Perhaps you should try your hand at some Space themed figbarfs as an excuse for more minifigure photography. :wink:

6 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Nice idea, and great photography! I look forward to seeing more minifigs done like this. :classic:

Thanks! Nothing better than natural light and an oak table. :laugh:

I've not seen the cuffs done like that but various custom parts makers do vambraces in a similar way, plus I did see some frilly cuffs once to match the S8 actor's ruff.

Edited by MAB

On 1/30/2018 at 2:47 AM, MAB said:

I've not seen the cuffs done like that but various custom parts makers do vambraces in a similar way, plus I did see some frilly cuffs once to match the S8 actor's ruff.

And I have seen watches, but never cuffs.