Hello fellow Legoheads! 

Here is my most recent creation, a medium-scale Ferrari Formula 1 car in the style of the 1990's era. 450 parts, original LEGO stickers, steering, and all the proper aerodynamic features of that time - namely big wings, bigger wing end plates and a blown diffuser for -literally - tons of down force. If you like it or if you have an ideas for improvements please let me know via a comment. Thank you! :sweet:

cUpzFW0.jpg

xby4uxP.jpg

BqVqJd5.jpg

VSUaIoL.jpg

zmNpfkt.jpg

I really like this for it's relative small size and low part count, you achieved the look really well. Also the black lever piece on the front suspension, well it just works. Well done. 

11 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Looks great, and I like the inclusion of the working steering. :thumbup:

Thanks! 

9 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I really like this for it's relative small size and low part count, you achieved the look really well. Also the black lever piece on the front suspension, well it just works. Well done. 

Thank you! Some compromises were necessary to include the working steering but I'm still happy with how the front suspension turned out. 

I really love your sleek race cars. This one is another example of how some clever techniques and part usage can achieve a lovely model without having to use too many bricks.

I also like that you managed to add working steering. Would you mind giving some insight into the steering mechanism? Thanks for sharing!

Looks fantastic! Overall part usage is perfect. It looks like you found the right solution for everything at this scale.

Thank you all for the nice comments, I really appreciate it !! :classic:

48 minutes ago, Zetroc said:

Remarkable work.  Great solution for the nose section.

Thank you! Funnily, the hardest part was to find a proper solution to mount the front wing. I had to integrate the nose into it and at the same time find a good mounting solution that was both compact and sturdy.

I came up with several ways to attach the wing to the nose but they were all problematic because they all resulted in mounting the front wing so low that it nearly scraped across the floor. Those that did not were too clumsy. :wacko:

Finally, this solved all of the problems, sturdy, small and the wing is slightly more than 1 tile off the ground:

YrAY4AX.jpg

Edited by GiantAmbushBeetle