LegoPondswald

MOC: Bookstore for my town

I love to read, so I decided my town should get a bookstore. So I made my own design, with a full interior.

The outside is made with a SNOT technique for the facade. I've also used some modified 1 x 2 tiles with balls for the details on the top. I love this piece and always wanted to use it. So I did. On the ground floor there are some bookcases with books you can buy, and  of course a cash register. The second floor (see video link below, don't have a picture yet, sorry!) features more of a relaxing room. There's another book case, but also a couch where you can sit and check out the novels you've found. There are also some computers, to look up some stuff (like the book you had in mind, but can't remember the title of). 

I think it turned out to be a nice addition to my city. Very pleased with the end result, if I say so myself. 

39870897131_2f9e54ca18.jpg24999193037_e029d39777.jpg

For more details, I made a YouTube video.

I like the chrome pieces up top, gives it a bit of pop. I would suggest doing something between the white pieces at the top of the first floor; nothing major but that would add a little interesting detail. Also, you should vary the flowers a little more; right now they just repeat the same colors and heights. I do like the green bit behind the ground floor ones and the brick-bricks work well there.

Edited by gotoAndLego

4 minutes ago, gotoAndLego said:

I like the chrome pieces up top, gives it a bit of pop. I would suggest doing something between the white pieces at the top of the first floor; nothing major but that would add a little interesting detail. Also, you should vary the flowers a little more; right now they just repeat the same colors and heights. I do like the green bit behind the ground floor ones and the brick-bricks work well there.

Thanks!

There are actually tiles in between those bricks, so there is something there. But maybe I'll add something else. And yeah, the flowers could be a bit more varied. Thanks for the suggestions!

Just now, gotoAndLego said:

Maybe use the dark red you have in the second floor windows. The flowers will help make it look like an MOC instead of a set.

Haha, the flowers do that much? Cause it all is a MOC ;). But I'll play around with it when I get home late tonight.