Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-FB3] Foundry No. 2

Type: Medium Factory

As acting Mayor of Mesabi Landing, Karl Mordo had to oversee the opening of new factories. Not that he wanted to be mayor. In fact the position had started to take over his personal life as well.

39834164852_82a7113d34_z.jpgMesabi Landing Foundry 2 by North White, on Flickr

This was the second Cannon Factory on Argentia, adding to the Island's destructive power. But what Karl really wanted was a nice nap. He grumbled as they let him in.

38967548535_340628fef8_z.jpgMesabi Landing Foundry 2 by North White, on Flickr

The WTC foreman spoke. "Much like our other factory, we melt things down into a mold on a rail system.

28086767839_b052025bec_z.jpgMesabi Landing Foundry 2 by North White, on Flickr

"Iron Ingots, old swords, and other useless things are all turned into cannons here."

24995298287_a2c5d0bb6a_z.jpgMesabi Landing Foundry 2 by North White, on Flickr

Molten Iron flowed into the mould with a hiss.

25993014798_9ec385d2da_z.jpgMesabi Landing Foundry 2 by North White, on Flickr

Th mold was wheeled out of the factory to cool in the cooler air outside.

28086767829_b6dc2d63d2_z.jpgMesabi Landing Foundry 2 by North White, on Flickr

And for the next four hours, Karl Mordo was forced to make awkward small talk with the WTC's most boring Foreman. Because he needed to verify that the same iron poured into the cannon mould would become the cannons as mandated by Corrish Law.

39156159764_4bf623d448_z.jpgMesabi Landing Foundry 2 by North White, on Flickr

Finally the mould was cracked open, revealing four small deck guns. "We pride ourselves on being able to recycle the mould here." The foreman said happily. Karl Mordo sighed. It was hot out.

28086767879_730a2edc88_z.jpgMesabi Landing Foundry 2 by North White, on Flickr

Finally the barrels were drilled out to Corrish standards, making another set of working cannons. 

24995298297_0a4f041774_z.jpgMesabi Landing Foundry 2 by North White, on Flickr

"We'll have a third soon." Said the foreman. But Karl Mordo had already walked off...

FIN

Thanks for viewing my build! Sorry for the hiatus. Although my hiatus seems to be how much time it usually takes the rest of you to build something. :pir-tongue: C&C appreciated!

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

Thanks for viewing my build! Sorry for the hiatus. Although my hiatus seems to be how much time it usually takes the rest of you to build something. :pir-tongue: C&C appreciated!

Haha some of us wish we had the time or energy to devote that you do ... Lol seems im always short on one or the other ... Plus without dedicated build space I need ample time to unpack/repack lol.

I digress lol I may have to borrow your idea ... Oddly enough Ive been researching cannon production just havent committed to any portion.

I like the depiction of the foundry ... Youve captured most of the elements well ... Only thing I question is how bright yours is ... Maybe they wernt as dark and dirty back then lmao.  

Overall I enjoyed the story of the process ... I like the way you cracked open to reveal the shooters

Nice! With this build Mesabi Landing is now a Large Town!

I like the overall build and all the production details, the working rail system, as well as the more detailed walls. Also: more cannons, yay! The WTC is becoming quite an arms manufacurer. :devil:

That ladder on the outside I would have integrated into the wall, letting it hang (now it is oddly "floating" in the air). You could also push those roof plates down firmly (as it is that section looks unfinished/rushed).

Apart from that: another great factory, and a fine addition to Mesabi Landing. Well done!

4 hours ago, Mesabi said:

As acting Mayor of Mesabi Landing, Karl Mordo had to oversee the opening of new factories. Not that he wanted to be mayor. In fact the position had started to take over his personal life as well.

True story! :pir-grin:

4 hours ago, Mesabi said:

But what Karl really wanted was a nice nap.

And this. :sadnew:

6 hours ago, Mesabi said:

And for the next four hours, Karl Mordo was forced to make awkward small talk with the WTC's most boring Foreman

Oh, the HORROR!  :head_back: :roflmao:

I think you are doing a stellar job of keeping momentum, and your stories always lighten up my day. 

If you put the build on top off the background, and let the background hang behind without to much folds (having the same background color all around the build) will improve your presentation. I often use either an A3 or larger paper, or a bed sheet. Not as good as a photo box, but it makes the background less distracting.

Nice use of the ball joint. The mold is well done, and the drilling of the cannon barrels.:thumbup: