LEGO Train 12 Volts

Wagons for DR Class 99

Hi everyone,

inspired by a train catalogue I’ve designed a little wagon for the beautiful DR Class 99.

br99-002.jpg

The DR Class 99 is on sale from the web site blokbricks and I think it’s an amazing steam engine! :wub:

br99-001.jpg

There is not much to say about this MOC, except that I find the whole train very nice and well proportioned.

br99-003.jpg

br99-004.jpg

br99-005.jpg

I’ve also changed the structure and the shape of the piston rod to make it more similar to the real...

br99-008.jpg

br99-009.jpg

Enjoy the little show! :classic:

br99-006.jpg

br99-007.jpg

br99-010.jpg

br99-011.jpg

br99-012.jpg

br99-013.jpg

br99-014.jpg

br99-015.jpg

br99-016.jpg

br99-017.jpg

br99-018.jpg

br99-019.jpg

br99-020.jpg

br99-021.jpg

br99-022.jpg

br99-023.jpg

br99-024.jpg

br99-025.jpg

br99-026.jpg

br99-027.jpg

br99-028.jpg

br99-029.jpg

How cute! One of the prototype photos you worked from is the same one I used for this MoC -- it's always great to see another interpretation of the same prototype.

Those are great MOC cars to complement a great 3rd party set. Excellent work all around! That's amazing that they fit all of the PF in to that tiny little locomotive.

17 hours ago, jtlan said:

It's always great to see another interpretation of the same prototype.

Hi jtlan ...the spark of this project has come from you! :thumbup:

My version has different size but the concept is the same!

12 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

Those are great MOC cars to complement a great 3rd party set.

Thanks zephyr1934, and those custom steam rods from you are gorgeous on this little engine! :wink:

6 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

It would fit at any little museumbahn.

I agree ...thanks for your words :classic:

What a cute little train! And a lovely railway crossing - simple, but effective. :thumbup:

As usual, I have a few questions - forgive me... :wink:
How did you paint the inner part of the rods so exactly, without also painting the rim? On my locos, I chose self-adhesive vinyl tape, as I thought it impossible to apply paint that accurately.
And how did you make the "DR" lettering on the wagons? Doesn't look like stickers (I can't see any edges) - is it printed directly onto the bricks?

1 hour ago, harnbak said:

Lovely, very cute

Too kind ...but thanks! :blush:

1 hour ago, Tenderlok said:

How did you paint the inner part of the rods so exactly, without also painting the rim?

And how did you make the "DR" lettering on the wagons? Doesn't look like stickers (I can't see any edges) - is it printed directly onto the bricks?

Hi Tenderlock, thanks for the interesting questions.

I've used a modeling brush holding my hand very steady (with other locomotives the result did not come as well :tongue:) ... the sticker is made with a plotter that punches a white adhesive sheet with a cutter so it's just a question of pasting the outlined letters (a more difficult task than painting :grin:)!

11 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

I've used a modeling brush holding my hand very steady

Oh dear, I'm getting old... Neither my hands nor my eyes would allow me this... :wink:

12 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Tthe sticker is made with a plotter that punches a white adhesive sheet with a cutter so it's just a question of pasting the outlined letters (a more difficult task than painting :grin:)!

That is VERY interesting. Never heard of this technique before. Where did you get that thing? Is it expensive?

Google either Cricut or Silhouette machines.  They're primarily targeted at scrapbookers.  I have a Cricut, and am very happy with the results.  Disclaimer:  I've only used for a couple of (uncomplicated) stickers.  But it worked quickly and well for what I wanted.

I got the middle entry in the price range (I didn't need to cut fabric), abt $200 US.  I think the Silhouettes are priced comparably.

They're cute! And they look a lot like the two half-built cars that are sitting on my desk, behind my own Blokbricks BR 99 ;-)

21 hours ago, ivanlan9 said:

Google either Cricut or Silhouette machines.  [...] I got the middle entry in the price range (I didn't need to cut fabric), abt $200 US.  I think the Silhouettes are priced comparably.

Thank you very much for this information!
The Cricut machines don't seem to be available here in Germany, but the Silhouette ones are. I'll certainly take a closer look at them.

On 24/1/2018 at 10:50 PM, Tenderlok said:

Oh dear, I'm getting old... Neither my hands nor my eyes would allow me this... :wink:

Never heard of this technique before. Where did you get that thing? Is it expensive?

I'm getting old too ...but luckily my collection is almost finished! :grin:

About the sticker I usually make a file that a friend bring to a graphic shop ...the cost of a single A4 is 15 euro.

On 25/1/2018 at 12:33 AM, Kintobor said:

I'm kind of smitten with them! :wub:

Thanks! :thumbup:

On 25/1/2018 at 11:35 AM, Duq said:

...they look a lot like the two half-built cars that are sitting on my desk, behind my own Blokbricks BR 99 ;-)

Oh this sound intriguing ...I hope to see your work (your MOCs are always amazing) :wink:

On 1/26/2018 at 9:25 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Oh this sound intriguing ...I hope to see your work (your MOCs are always amazing) :wink:

Thanks! I'll sure share them here when I get around to finishing them.