5 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

@I_Igor i like your rear axle a lot.. very neat. 

Many tractors and cross pollinating of ideas! Brilliant!!

Thanks, you can see other things in my tread and today I managed to make sturdy enough chassis and integrate battery box below...the only problem is "English" weather here with clouds and fog so I can not make good photos...and have nothing similar to photo studio...just one white surface and mobile phone camera...so I think I'll finish this moc before nice weather. Good thing is that I keep my mocs assembled for longer period of time. 

Sorry @Sjoemie himself I did not want to go to much offtopic in your tread...but if few of us who build tractors here in EB forum could be any kind of assistance to you I'll be glad :classic:

Just now, I_Igor said:

did not want to go to much offtopic

Thats a good point, i'm pretty sure we were just throwing some ideas around rather than hi-jacking.. but you're right, must keep on topic. Looking forward to @Sjoemie himself 's 3-point, and the evolution of this moc. Design and re-design and see it evolve!

Just now, TeamThrifty said:

Looking forward to @Sjoemie himself 's 3-point, and the evolution of this moc. Design and re-design and see it evolve!

Me too, since Case IH STX was my first MOC tractor in 2003 when my wife bought me 8434 set to free my from my dark ages :classic:

No worries guys, i'm glad you are all trying to help and come up with ideas for my little tractor, much appreciated. 

Unfortunately no real update tonight. Thinking about using pneumatics for the rear hitch, maybe with compressor. Depends on if there is enough room to fit IR receivers and pump in the cabin. We'll see.. 

More progress. Motors are in place. The rear 3-point hitch is pneumatic (hoses need to be tidied) and works with motorized compressor. IR receivers are in place which will be covered up a bit. Unfortunately most of the room in the cabin was taken up by the motors, compressor and IR receiver.

Let me know what you think. 

20190113_210313

20190113_21025920190113_210347

Its starting to feel like a tractor now! Looking good.

You've not used the long snout for anything yet, or have you plans for that?

Beast is starting to take form. Just one question of curiosity: would not this hoses be in the way for implements?

Regards

8 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

You've not used the long snout for anything yet, or have you plans for that?

Thank you. And, yes, the nose is where i'm planning to hide the battery box. Probably will have to purchase a train battery box since the Technic one is too large.

About the hoses, i hope they will clear the implements. If not i will have to modify them a bit. I wish lego had some 90° elbows for the pneumatic hoses. They would make routing these hoses a lot neater.

I have that part in my collection and used it on the back of the tractor. 

However tonight I have tested the pneumatics and the performance is pretty dissapointing. The 3-point is not able to lift 107x44r Tire plus rim, even when I put it very close to the tractor. So now I will have to come up with a different solution.. 

1 hour ago, Sjoemie himself said:

So now I will have to come up with a different solution.

I feel your pain... i've just spent 2 hours redesigning the 3 point on my xerion! decided to copy the axion version which i can now i've redesigned the steering modes so it doesn't use 2 racks at the back *huh* !! Its the joys of progressive refinement and problem solving!!

2 hours ago, Sjoemie himself said:

I have that part in my collection and used it on the back of the tractor. 

However tonight I have tested the pneumatics and the performance is pretty dissapointing. The 3-point is not able to lift 107x44r Tire plus rim, even when I put it very close to the tractor. So now I will have to come up with a different solution.. 

Known feeling when something doesn't work after several hours of attempt, or should I say trial and error... In my case linear actuators work reasonably, but I did not test how much it can raise...since I have version with l motor from Arocs, I assume it can raise like model made by @Technic BOOM

I think one small LA will lift more than two small pneumatic cilinders. Only I cannot seem to find a (discrete) way to get power to them. 

I'm considering to use a worm drive or maybe even a winch type of construction to power the 3-point.. I'll have to see what fits the best. Perhaps I will skip rc on the 3-point and use that motor for PTO and make the 3-point manual.

"Joy" of re-design indeed! :hmpf_bad: :wink:

You can go under the rear diff to get drive to them.. presuming they're mounted to mirror the real thing, pushing upwards on an arm that're linked to the main lift arms via some drop links? If they're pulling directly on the arms you'd need a different plan! 

43645507835_f744cf83d5_b.jpg20180908_181534 by Team Thrifty, on Flickr

@TeamThrifty I'm not sure if I can pull that off without redesigning the entire back half of the tractor.. It seemed a great idea at the time to close this tractor with it's long nose. Turns out that wanting to incorporate pendular front axle, 4wd, articulated steering, PTO, 3 point hitch and RC is, let's say, challenging.

Ooo it is!! My xerion is using 130mm wheels to give me a bigger scale, which helps a lot. In addition it allows room for diff locks on steered, driven axles.. with the standard lego wheels, not sure how it would have turned out!!

Don't fear the full redesign. embrace it, thats my advice!!

@Sjoemie himself I have done rear 3 point hitch on suspended axle that uses 107 tires, so it is possible to make it

800x1422.jpg

If you need, I can try to make more clear photo later

Thank you both again! I find it really motivating to read your replies. Tonight I made the decision to re-make the back half of the tractor. I have made some progress and succesfully installed two small LA's. Hopefully I can post some pictures tomorrow.

@TeamThrifty are you quoting yourself now? :laugh:

More progress and pictures. Like I said earlier I was able to redesign the back half of the tractor. I junked the pneumatics and went with two small LA's. Getting drive to them seemed tough at first but I think the final solution is pretty neat.

Also started to work on the cabin. Don't pay too much attention to the construction yet because it still needs some refining. 

20190118_23343720190118_23351020190118_233413

Edited by Sjoemie himself
Typo

If I can see correctly, you put LAs below axle?

To reinforce cab with frame is a good idea; hm it is familiar somehow ?

Glad that I could help....in the meantime I have also framework :grin:

I'll publish photos as soon as I achieve acceptable compromise.

I see a great work here, tractors are too hard even for me, I am used to working in small spaces but to build a tractor that I would like I would need the power puller wheels :laugh: .