Below some pictures of a WIP i'm working on.

Plan is to make it fully working with rc pf. This means, forward-reverse, left-right, working PTO, and rear hitch.

This is my first ever MOC using pf, rc and studless building. You might say i'm kind of a 'old school' Technic builder.

Hope you enjoy, comments and questions are welcome. 

25988467908_22c0636045_c.jpg

24989174607_4feba3d487_c.jpg

24989167017_a8e468b1e5_c.jpg

Edited by Sjoemie himself
Typo

Now when we have (at least one size) tractor tires, there will be some interesting projects. I assume that you chose this model because of long front articulated part that can contain lots of features (fake engine, L-motor...)

Among Case IH tractors, my favorite is still this one

caseih_steiger355-608_3.jpg

Yes there is indeed enough room for many motors however the nose is very narrow. 

Because of this and the pendular and powered front axle there is no room left for a fake engine because i need the space for the battery box. There currently are four motors in the tractor, one large, two small and one servomotor. Will post pictures later.

And yes the Case IH steiger or stx is very nice indeed. However i'm also a big fan of the Case IH 1455XL.

Maybe someday i will build another 1455xl. Since the first one i built was a bit rough and did not have many functions.

Some progress.

Chassis is more or less complete. I modified the rear hitch and PTO so that I can also pull a implement which is driven by the PTO. Also did some work on the rear fenders/mudguards.

39881533891_59d6243c8b_c.jpg

39881544431_3dc74e5e63_c.jpg

Thank you.

I'm not sure about the steering wheel, i think i would rather cover up the servomotor and have a dummy steering wheel. The space is already quite limited inside the cabin to shape a nice(ish) interior.. We'll see :grin:

Finally some progress. Although the tractor looks pretty much the same alot has changed. I wasn't too happy about about the previous version in terms of ground clearance and the way the steering worked with the servomotor. So I have converted it to a small motor with LA. This works quite well. Now I have to decide what I want to keep, PTO or a working three-point hitch, since there is no room to power them both.

IMG_20190106_003254

On 1/24/2018 at 7:07 PM, Sjoemie himself said:

And yes the Case IH steiger or stx is very nice indeed. However i'm also a big fan of the Case IH 1455XL.

The 1455XL is my favourite as well. I prefer the IH version though.

7 hours ago, Sjoemie himself said:

Now I have to decide what I want to keep, PTO or a working three-point hitch, since there is no room to power them both.

I feel many tractor MOCs suffer from underdeveloped three point hitch so that would get my vote.

Great to see another tractor MOC, too few of them out there in my opinion! Keep it up!

Edited by zoo

I'm happy that you chose studless build. Frames are blessing for us Mocers and specially for tractors that have very narrow chassis to enable small turning circle. Nice that you found time to develop you MOC :thumbup:

Thank you for your replies. I am still struggeling to find room for the motor for the rear hitch and/or PTO and get a sturdy construction at the same time. Trouble is that i'm still very much used to building with studs and even numbers so it's quite challenging to get my head around this 'new way of Technic building.

The key is to use frames 5 X 7 and 5 X 11 as much as possible and use bent liftarms for connection of several sections to make it sturdy and st the same time you have various axle holes in all directions through frames :wink:

8 hours ago, Sjoemie himself said:

Trouble is that i'm still very much used to building with studs and even numbers so it's quite challenging to get my head around this 'new way of Technic building.

I remember that transition when i came back to lego - sometimes even simple things were a brain frying challenge!! worth it though, studless is much better. (i still have a mental block with vertical gearboxes!!)*huh*

Tractors are my drug of choice, i found the old studded chassis techniques were no use at all... i tried to build in a studded style with studless beams. nightmare. You have to forget what you used to do. different, unexpected things work!! 

21 hours ago, I_Igor said:

The key is to use frames 5 X 7 and 5 X 11 as much as possible

Tried that and it seems to be working. It still will be a challenge to fit a 3-point hitch but I think it might just work.

Vertical gearboxes really are something else. For this tractor I think I don't need one though (luckily) :wacko:

8 hours ago, Sjoemie himself said:

Tried that and it seems to be working. It still will be a challenge to fit a 3-point hitch but I think it might just work.

I have build rear 3 point hitch with small linear actuators on rear axle...I'll post axle images in my tread later so perhaps it could be usefull to you.

Thank you both! That is a really massive tractor @TeamThrifty , I like it a lot.

Unfortunately my tractor is not nearly this wide and thus the space in the frame is limited. My plan was to also make a hitch using a small LA but i'm unsure if I can get power to it.

Hopefully I can post an update/solution tonight.