Pasq67

[MOC] X-Wing Fighter Midi-scale

On 02/05/2018 at 11:07 AM, danielwerner said:

I like it (and the original MOC is awesome too)! Do you have the LDD file?

Thanks. I do have a LDD file (a lot of files really), but I'm reluctant to share before I check the design with real bricks.

I plan to buy them next month though. But before I do, I could use some help. I have 4 different designs for the wings that I both like and dislike for different reasons. Could some of you tell me which one they prefer? A, B, C or D? None of them?

27081800377_ca64dc7066_c.jpg

28079661638_ea6c3b2433_b.jpg

41950457051_88131bf4e7_c.jpg

Thanks! My main gripe with B is that I cannot use a hollow cylinder at the front. And there is an exposed stud :angry:. That being said, I think it is an acceptable compromise.

One last question (possibly); what is the best nose? C or D? From the side, I think the answer is obvious, but from the top nose C is slightly wider... What do you guys think?

42018978582_8c6ef77745_c.jpg

41343560504_b5327f3882_c.jpg

I also like nose "D".. but to be honest ,all your versions are stunning...... and show really brilliant design work . 

I'm running out of steam, so here is my latest file.

Edit: Never mind, I have found a way.

Edited by Gray_Mouser

I have bought the bricks, so here are some pictures. I really like the look of it on my desk. For the scale, I think there are few compromises. Not what I would call compromises anyway, but your mileage may vary.

Although you'd be hard pressed to find a group of more than four bricks that I didn't modify, it still owes an awful lot from Pasq67's version. The parts I am the most happy with are the wings (those smooth, studless cylinders took a lot of efforts).

43022570812_29d4b0c668_c.jpg

43022571482_f838697fc1_c.jpg

43073605471_8a3a5f01df_c.jpg

42168329525_6b4807fafe_c.jpg

1 hour ago, Gray_Mouser said:

I have bought the bricks, so here are some pictures. I really like the look of it on my desk. For the scale, I think there are few compromises. Not what I would call compromises anyway, but your mileage may vary.

Although you'd be hard pressed to find a group of more than four bricks that I didn't modify, it still owes an awful lot from Pasq67's version. The parts I am the most happy with are the wings (those smooth, studless cylinders took a lot of efforts).

[snip]

Looks great! Do you have, and/or are you willing to share, an LDD/Stud.io file?

I present version 2 form my X-Wing with the monochrome X-Wing in white.

X-Wing T65 Fighter Midi-scale

X-Wing T65 Fighter Midi-scale

Edited by Pasq67

1 hour ago, danielwerner said:

That looks awesome man! Would also be interested in the LDD/Studio file if possible. :)

The version 1 instructions of my X-Wing are available in the first post of this topic.

13 hours ago, Pasq67 said:

The version 1 instructions of my X-Wing are available in the first post of this topic.

Whoa, totally missed that. Thanks! :)