First thing, not sure if it goes here, but here is my model based on the Grumman F14 Tomcat, a popular fighter aircraft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_F-14_Tomcat

• Landing gear
  • Cockpit
  • All flaps
  • Missles, not attached ATM.

It is not exact, it has only one engine as pointed out by @J_C . The cabin may be too short.

IMG_3948.JPG

IMG_3949.JPG

IMG_3950.JPG

IMG_3951.JPG

IMG_3952.JPG

Hope you like it, and if this belongs another place, move it. I thought this was close to model team.

Edited by Aventador2004

18 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

It is not exact, but a close example as possible.

I do not want to be harsh, but "a close example as possible"? That is a exaggeration to say the least.

one of the main feature of F-14 is not there (among others).

https://img00.deviantart.net/2254/i/2006/169/e/4/rear_view_of_an_f_14_tomcat_by_serrishi.jpg

Edited by Milan
Converted oversized image into the link.

Nice simple fighter aircraft, but I have to agree with J_C that it at the very least needs to have the twin engines if you're going to call it an F-14.  :wink:

3 minutes ago, deraven said:

but I have to agree with J_C that it at the very least needs to have the twin engines if you're going to call it an F-14.  :wink:

Agreed as well. Nice plane, otherwise.

47 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

This is much closer to model team than Technic, although it does look good!

Thanks, it says model team in the home center, so it should be here.

40 minutes ago, J_C said:

I do not want to be harsh, but "a close example as possible"? That is a exaggeration to say the least.

one of the main feature of F-14 is not there (among others).

Woops, just realized that too. I think i will rename the topic to custom fighter jet

2 hours ago, deraven said:

Nice simple fighter aircraft, but I have to agree with J_C that it at the very least needs to have the twin engines if you're going to call it an F-14.  :wink:

10 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Agreed as well. Nice plane, otherwise.

Thanks, I will change the thrusters or the name.

Definitely not an F-14, but with a little tweaking I'm sure you could turn it into a F-35 Lightning or an f-18. Cool looking model though! 

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Just now, Isamudyson said:

The overall look seems more like a F-18

Maybe, I think the front definitely look like one.

Just now, LM71Blackbird said:

Definitely not an F-14, but with a little tweaking I'm sure you could turn it into a F-35 Lightning. Cool looking model though! 

I changed the title until I decide what to modify it to. Thank you.

It's a Plane, it's also a LEGO model, but not a F-14 ore F-18 and also not a F-35. It's more like plates with wings and 2 tails now. With a little more effort you can make it a real modelteam model to it and make yourself realy happy.:wink::thumbup:

1 hour ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

It's a Plane, it's also a LEGO model, but not a F-14 ore F-18 and also not a F-35. It's more like plates with wings and 2 tails now. With a little more effort you can make it a real modelteam model to it and make yourself realy happy.:wink::thumbup:

Okay, well. I wasn't even close to fully replicating, I wanted a fun build, and I like it better than a huge one.

Why do you only see plates, can you not see just angles. I mean you build boats, do I look like I have the resources to build something like that? It was also a fun build, not a full replication!

Nice, but I don't think it belongs here...

7 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

With a little more effort you can make it a real modelteam model to it and make yourself really happy.:wink::thumbup:

+1

Honestly at the first sight it looked like something that belong to Classic space theme, but I agree with @letsbuildit belongs more to model team theme, but the look (for studded model) is not so bad :wink:

7 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Nice, but I don't think it belongs here...

+1

Where then? I don't think it needs to move.

17 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Honestly at the first sight it looked like something that belong to Classic space theme, but I agree with @letsbuildit belongs more to model team theme, but the look (for studded model) is not so bad :wink:

Space theme? Haven't seen that forum.

I haven't mean exaxtly theme, it was just my comment based on colors, parts used and shape

Not bad (I am fan of the Space-y colour-scheme, although it miss the trans yellow windscreen), but IMHO, it is not Technic or Model team MOC. Maybe the Space or Town or Other sub-forum would be ideal place  with appropriate audience fot it.

19 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Space theme? Haven't seen that forum.

Then take a look here or there for better home for your MOC ;)
https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/forum/23-lego-sci-fi/

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/forum/33-themes/

Edited by HorcikDesigns

2 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Not bad (I am fan of the Space-y colour-scheme, although it miss the trans yellow windscreen), but IMHO, it is not Technic or Model team MOC. Maybe the Space or Town or Other sub-forum would be ideal place  with appropriate audience fot it.

Then take a look here or there for better home for your MOC ;)

Let me check around, I have some yellow somewhere.

On 1/23/2018 at 6:39 PM, Aventador2004 said:

Okay, well. I wasn't even close to fully replicating, I wanted a fun build, and I like it better than a huge one.

Why do you only see plates, can you not see just angles. I mean you build boats, do I look like I have the resources to build something like that? It was also a fun build, not a full replication!

Members on the forum have no idea what your resources are.  Lack of Lego is certainly never a reason to not build, but if a build does not seem complete or there are better pieces that may suit it and one just does not or cannot obtain them then, yes, one may want to reconsider sharing.  I am not sure the comeback of not owning enough Lego is a defense that will get much sympathy.  Again, build all you want - never, never, would I want to discourage that, but sharing with the whole world when one knows their piece selection and variety is limited only welcomes feedback like you are receiving on some of your builds.  

Nice little plane ... and I do like building them myself (aero engineer by degree) ... but it needs a name change. definitely needs twin engines and the wings to swing to be an F-14

6 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Lego is a defense that will get much sympathy.  Again, build all you want - never, never, would I want to discourage that, but sharing with the whole world when one knows their piece selection and variety is limited only welcomes feedback like you are receiving ds.  

Need sympathy? No, I meant the fact that wasn't what I was aiming for.

4 hours ago, Seasider said:

Nice little plane ... and I do like building them myself (aero engineer by degree) ... but it needs a name change. definitely needs twin engines and the wings to swing to be an F-14

Thanks, I also think a 6th gen fighter would be awesome.