Sign in to follow this  
paave

[MOC] Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Here's my replica MOC of 42056 set: Porsche 911 GT3 RS in medium scale

800x534.jpg

You can see many references to original set design and the Power Function system. Check the video:

The model has:

- PF: 2L, Servo, IRv2, LiPo

- Full independent suspension

- Floating differential at the rear

- Opening doors, bonnet, trunk

- Adjustable seats.

800x534.jpg

800x534.jpg

The car is a pleasure to drive: It is quite fast and manoeuvre.

800x534.jpg

Building Instructions: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-12532/paave/porsche-911-gt3-rs/

Edited by paave

I like the size (I had the same plan in fact ...)

Front, especiallu bonnet could be more streamlined (? don't know correct term)

You could try to make version with boxer fake engine and HOG steering.

35 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Great job. I love the size, and the functions. The black looks great as well. Picture of the underside?

800x534.jpg

15 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Front, especiallu bonnet could be more streamlined (? don't know correct term)

You could try to make version with boxer fake engine and HOG steering.

I'm not seeing of how to make it more streamlined. And looks like it's enough space for flat engine, probably I'll make a manual version as well.

This is beautiful! And it's in the right scale! Will you be making instructions?

Edited by letsbuild

Very nice work, I would take this excellent MOC over 42056 any day! Only thing to add is that the front fenders and hood could be bit more curvy, they're a bit flat currently.

And thumbs up for adjustable seats! :thumbup::thumbup:

This is super nice! The shape is great, the colour is great and there's just the right amount of holes in the body to show of the inside. Congratulations! :thumbup: 

33 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Awesome! My one complaint is the lights, which are too small. But there is nothing you can do about that so cheers!

Do you mean transparent 3x3 dishes? I though the same, but afraid that they would be so big. Why TLG didn't make some 1.5x1.5 and 2.5x2.5 dishes :sceptic:
Backing to the topic, I just love this MOC, it's a really great example how the all needed functions could be packed in a smaller size. Well done! It's only me, or this car could be made in the orange livery as well? I see that only some flex axles should remain in black.

This is spectacular!!! You've captured the RS feel thru and thru, the detail on this scale is very impressive. Thanks for sharing!!

Not only is this a great build, but I love just the idea.  One of the complaints of 42056 was that it was not so much that it was big and clunky, but that it was big and clunky with not much options as far as accurate functionality.  So why not replicating it, just on a smaller scale?  Again, wonderful idea.  Would have been an excellent idea even if it was not executed well.  Cherry on top that you did..... 

Nice build, love the idea of replicating something in smaller scale. Floating differential is clever idea. Did you used this setup for making whole rear axle more compact, while keeping suspension independent?

8 hours ago, Victor Imaginator said:

Nice build, love the idea of replicating something in smaller scale. Floating differential is clever idea. Did you used this setup for making whole rear axle more compact, while keeping suspension independent?

Yes, plus I just wanted to check this kind of suspension for myself, as I had never used it before.

On 1/22/2018 at 2:49 PM, Aventador2004 said:

This is what 42056 should be!

Agree completely :thumbup: