Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return - Sewers

I try to be reassuring as I place a hand on the near-dying fairies good shoulder.

"Does that mean we have somewhere to rush to?" I query.

Unsure of who could make better use of the Ether Core between Karie and Benji, I pocket it for the time being.

Kiray takes all the items she found on the shelves. "If anyone wants or needs these, let me know."

(WBD, when I say I'm nurturing someone, I mean I'm using the Nurturing job trait which the Unicorn's Horn grants me in place of healing when I use it. Since nurturing consumes ether to restore HP I need to know if I'm healing anyone with it or if ether is being consumed.)

Throlar's face grew taut and reserved at the news he had just heard, though his eyes still flashed with cold fury, betraying his inner feelings.

"Then we must make all haste and find Rosier at once. Do you know where they are?"

Edited by Lord Duvors

Vindsval lifts the dying man from the machine and places him gently outside the ring of runes.  

Let this THING claim no others.

He lifts the Great Club high above his head and slams it into the machine until nothing remains but spitters and shards.

On June 19, 2018 at 7:11 PM, Lord Duvors said:

"Take all the time you need." said Throlar with a nod toward her. "I'd offer to help you but I need to attend to this person."

Karie recuperates herself, relaxing a bit as the scene is dismantled. She takes a deep breath, then exhales. She takes another deep breath, then exhales. Karie nods at Throlar.

"I'm fine. This whole scene just brings back bad memories. Visions that'll haunt me forever."

On 6/20/2018 at 2:11 PM, Palathadric said:

I try to be reassuring as I place a hand on the near-dying fairies good shoulder.

"Does that mean we have somewhere to rush to?" I query.

Unsure of who could make better use of the Ether Core between Karie and Benji, I pocket it for the time being.

42870655161_6c4dd9b3f7_t.jpg
"The demon's toady just left with the news, using that spell circle," The fairy indicates the runes still glowing upon the ground.

42748028751_4a3f08bf58_t.jpg
"Rosier won't be able to get them directly, my Love. The demon's forces will need to use a door and there's only one available to them on Olegaia."

"Then you need to stop them."

"Pereville..."

"You need to go, Euflear. Our home is now decaying, the only hope for our culture is the survival of our people. My life is not worth all of theirs."

Euflear, looks on, trembling slightly.

On 6/20/2018 at 7:02 PM, Lord Duvors said:

(WBD, when I say I'm nurturing someone, I mean I'm using the Nurturing job trait which the Unicorn's Horn grants me in place of healing when I use it. Since nurturing consumes ether to restore HP I need to know if I'm healing anyone with it or if ether is being consumed.)

Throlar's face grew taut and reserved at the news he had just heard, though his eyes still flashed with cold fury, betraying his inner feelings.

"Then we must make all haste and find Rosier at once. Do you know where they are?"

QM Note: Sorry about that, the fairy denied the healing so I didn't want to deduct the ether from you.

"I've got to assume Olegaia," *cough* "though I'm not sure which of those runes he used. He was uttering a little ditty while he left *cough*

"The rune translated loon is beneath the silver rune
And the rune that stands for paper is between the red and blue
If the green's beside the brass, and below one colored pink
And the rune describing crop is right above one translated mink
And the purple's in the center and the blue is on the right,
And the rune meaning powerful is left of one that means might
If the blue and red and green have no meaning and are boring,
And the rune meaning strength is at the top, and the might's above the crop,
And the brass is at the bottom, and the red's beside the brass,
And the rune describing loon is the rune shaded pink,
Then you will know the answer, for you are no buffoon
Trace two runes colored gold, in Olegaia you'll be soon"

As the party glances at the runes, they note that they are all aligned in a 3x3 grid:

XXX
XXX
XXX

But the symbols and colors have been so distorted and smeared over that the runes' meanings and colors cannot be identified. How will the party proceed?

QM Note: In order to solve the puzzle and gain experience send a PM indicating which two runes are the golden runes.

8 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Vindsval lifts the dying man from the machine and places him gently outside the ring of runes.  

Let this THING claim no others.

He lifts the Great Club high above his head and slams it into the machine until nothing remains but spitters and shards.

Nothing remains of even the parts that Pretzel had disassembled.

28048987598_b7cb9b1e07_t.jpg
"You all need to go after Rosier's servant. We'll gather the rest of the fairies that remain, and meet you on Olegaia. Eubric Freeport, right?"

On 6/20/2018 at 10:02 AM, KotZ said:

Sorry all, real life has been a real kicker this past week.

OoC: Same.

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"The demon's toady just left with the news, using that spell circle," The fairy indicates the runes still glowing upon the ground.

"Rosier won't be able to get them directly, my Love. The demon's forces will need to use a door and there's only one available to them on Olegaia."

"Then you need to stop them."

"Pereville..."

"You need to go, Euflear. Our home is now decaying, the only hope for our culture is the survival of our people. My life is not worth all of theirs."

Lind watched sadly, effectively helpless. His face brightened slightly on hearing it was just Rosier's toady. "Figured it might be her servant..."

He bent over and began to study the runes intently.

8 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

OoC: Same.

Lind watched sadly, effectively helpless. His face brightened slightly on hearing it was just Rosier's toady. "Figured it might be her servant..."

He bent over and began to study the runes intently.

The runes are unfortunately broken up and difficult to tell what they once meant, but their arrangement leads Lind to believe that the planer nature of the spell may come from a realm far removed from this one or any upon Olegaia. The black knight figures that he still might be able to figure out which are the correct runes with a little logic.

26 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The black knight figures that he still might be able to figure out which are the correct runes with a little logic.

:laugh:

15 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

And the purple's in the center and the blue is on the right,
And the rune meaning powerful is left of one that means might

Just to confirm, is it intentional that there is a difference between "on the right" and "left of the one"?

Does left of the one mean left of it, as if it were facing us, thus right for us, or am I just reading into it too much?

Sorry for asking, but I've had so many people give me wrong directions because they were thinking about it from their perspective instead of from mine. :laugh:

OoC: BTW, my previous post was just meant to be flavor text. Sorry about that!

9 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

Just to confirm, is it intentional that there is a difference between "on the right" and "left of the one"?

Does left of the one mean left of it, as if it were facing us, thus right for us, or am I just reading into it too much?

Sorry for asking, but I've had so many people give me wrong directions because they were thinking about it from their perspective instead of from mine. :laugh:

OoC: I could of course have made a mistake(I just sent in my submission), but I believe they're supposed to be read just like they're written out. (i. e., you're reading a map from your perspective.) 

(Assuming I got it right), I was impressed with how neatly they all tie together, by the time you hit the last clues and are tidying things up. :thumbup:

Edited by Lind Whisperer

17 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

:laugh:

QM Note: The wording is correct as written, and yes you're reading too much into it.

OOC: Quick question on the nature of the puzzle. Do you want the location of the two golden runes on the grid, or which symbols the gold runes are?

OOC: Nevermind, I think I have it. :thumbup:

Edited by Kintobor

OOC: I sent you the whole grid, but whatever, I think I have it. :laugh:

Karie looks confidently at the paper she was scribbling notes on. "I think I just about have this..."

As the heroes work together to figure out the runes of plane shift circle, one of the heroes activates one of the wrong runes. A second later, a portal to the plane of everlasting wind opens and a familiar figure comes tumbling out. The portal quickly closes as the heroes watch an endless tornado come swirling at them. An instant later, Karie, Pretzel, Lind, and Throlar agree upon the two correct runes. A second portal begins to open and like a magnifying glass zooming in, the party sees Olegaia, then Uland, then Eubric, then underground, until the portal opens successfully to a tunnel under the city.

The tussled mage, Heckz Brutenhal straightens out his robes and gets a good look at the party.
42275892404_6df9744fa6_o.png
"Umm... Hi!"

The Party
paladin_pretzel_2.jpg Monk Pretzel and His 99 Pieces, the Super Sleuth (Played by Palathadric)
463-year-old male "hermit" Artisan 
Level 39.75 *Permanently Reinforced*  *Immune to Darkness, Wood, Earth, Water, Light, Fire, Lightning, Ice, Wind, Blinded,  Weakening, Frailty, Poison, Asleep, and Confused *Permanently Nimble*
Power Bonus: +5
Defense: 190
Health: 72/72
Stealth: +2

Gold: 1082
Equipment: Wraps of the Steadfast Tortoise (Grants permanent *reinforced* Effect, Handwear, Suitable for Chi Monks), Cloak of the Grand Vizier (SP: 11 multiplied by the number of party members; Grants immunity to Darkness, Wood, Earth, Water, Light, Fire, Lightning, Ice, Wind, *Blinded*, *Weakened*, *Frailty*, *Asleep*, and *Confused*; Backwear), Duke's Coat-of-Arms (SP: 5; Protects against *Fragile* and all *Poisons*; Suitable for Knights, Dragoons, Skirmishers and Regulators; Bodywear), Mythril Heaven and Hell (WP: 40; Darkness; Poisoned 9, Cursed, Dual-Strike; Whip), Cape of Extravagance (SP: 5, +10 WP, Wearer is Permanently Nimble, Backwear, suitable for Mimes)
Inventory:

Spoiler

Weapons: , Quarterstaff (WP: 4/8 against Humanoids; Staff), Flying Cross (WP: 11; Darkness; Broomstick), Splinter Broom (WP: 10; 1/2 chance to deal *Stunned*; defies SP; Broomstick), Whip of Savage Overlords (WP: 9; ⅙ chance of inflicting the *Slowed* effect; Whip), Steak (WP: 1; instantly kills vampires on successful hits; suitable for all), Staff of the Necromancer (WP: 12; damages Undead; +1 Level to raised Undead; Staff), Mining Hammer (WP: 3, 1/3 chance to inflict *Fragile*), Honed Axe (WP:10, cuts target's SP in half, Axe), Tyrant's Maul (WP: 29; causes *Hexed*; Hammer), Dual Staff (WP: 13; Ice, Lightning, Fire, Wind, Light; Deals *Bleeding 3*; Dual Strike; Staff)
Artifacts: Darksteel Armour (SP: 6; Max. Health +3; Bodywear),Strategist's Shako (+5 power while in the front row, +5 SP while in the back; Headwear), Bloody Skull Helmet (SP: 3; heals wearer by the amount of health other combatants lose by *Bleeding* at the end of each round; Headwear), Duplovian Helmet (SP: 2; Immune to Magic and Healing; Headwear), Burning Knuckle Helmet (SP: 10; Wearer suffers Burning -3 effect; Suitable for Anyone; Headwear), Bumble Fanshirt (SP: 1; Vermin with level less than half of the wearers are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; Bodywear),  Rock Gauntlets (Grants the wearer Iron Fist at no ether cost; Suitable for anyone; Handwear), Counterstrike Gloves (Handwear), Soothing Slippers (Meditation restores 5 ether; Footwear), Shackles of War (Accessory), The Good Book (Grants the Convert job trait - the user can turn any allied or neutral NPC to their faith, gaining their respect; user gains 10 gold from each conversion; suitable to Monk Pretzel only; Accessory), Scholar’s Codex (Makes negative effect scrolls deal non-elemental damage equal to the user’s level when successfully used, but also cost 1 ether more; suitable to scholars only; Accessory), Book of Artisan's Tricks (At the beginning of the quest, wearer may choose to copy another class' ability (the copied ability can be used at will until the end of the quest; Accessory; Suitable for Artisans), Soul Link Chain (Allows the user to pair up with another party member, each of them gaining all the effects that the other has. The partner has to equip the chain as well (ie. one chain can be shared by two people); Accessory), White Fur Coat (SP:4, grants immunity to stunned; allows the user to hide to avoid Free Hits (the effect ends if the user targets an enemy); suitable to barbarians and beast warriors; backwear), White Ninja Cowl (Once per battle, the wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy; suitable to rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators; Headwear), Totem of the Wandering Chieftain (Immunity to Bound, Slowed, Blinded, Asleep, Instant KO, Accessory Suitable for Barbarian Chieftains), Cowl of the Dark Druid (Grants the wearer the ability to TAME enemy creatures, see Sylvan Ranger, suitable for Druids, Headwear)
Spell Items: Aquamarine, Emerald
Consumables: 8 Potions, 20 Grand Potions, Cherry (Restores 1 ether), 5 Grand Tonics, 2 Tonics, Ether Core, 15 Remedies, 3 Neutralizers, Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), 6 Phoenix Incenses, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Meads, 5 Smelling Salts, 5 Nostrums, 5 Mulled Wines, Dragon Scale (lucky & blessed), Titan Heart (encouraged & inspired), Candy Cane (Restores 10 Health and 5 Ether), Tiger Balm, 5 Venoms, 5 Deadly Venoms, 2 Paralyzing Venoms, 2 Jinxy Juices, 5 Smoke Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, Military Grade Fire Bomb, 3 *Blind* Bomb, 3 *Seal* Bombs, 3 *Sleep* Bomb, 2 *Confuse* Bombs, 2 *Stun* Bombs,  Plague Bomb (Causes 15 damage and *Poisoned* by 15 -effect to all opponents when used.), 7 Bones, Milk, Mythrial Ore, 2 Soma, 2 Elixer, 3 Smoke Bomb, 2 Blind/Seal Bombs, Tiny Shroom, Ether Core, Grating Stone
Tools: Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Shovel, Magic Compass, Magic Shovel (will always find something when used, limited to three uses per quest), Dice Bag of Fortune (tool; when used on an enemy, causes their loot rolls to be rolled twice)

20584275801_96b45a9eb5_t.jpg Karie Alderflask-Cour (Kintober)
26 Year Old Human Female Minstrel 
Level 38.75 *Permanently Nimble* *1/3 Chance to Weaken targeted enemy on successful hits*
Power Bonus: 3
Health: 66/66
Defense: 7
Ether: 41/44
Stealth: +2
Gold: 686
Equipment: Vagrant's Guitar (WP: 5, user is lucky, fire and wind elemental instrument), Catsuit (Wearer becomes nimble and has a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE, and FREE HITS, suitable for women only, body wear), Vorpalis Crown (SP: 4, the wearer has a 1/3 chance of dealing Weakened to the targeted enemy on successful hits. Headwear, suitable for anyone.), Fenarian Robes of the Vampire (SP:3, Max. Ether +4, backwear), Encore Plectrum (If the same song is sung for more than one round of combat in a row, the song's ether cost for the consecutive rounds is halved; suitable for minstrels, accessory),
Inventory:

Spoiler

Weapons: Angelic Trumpet (WP: 5, user is blessed, instrument), Demon's Fiddle (WP: 12, causes Enamoured and Cursed, instrument) Sexy (WP: 11 longsword, ignores SP) Fine-tuned Guitar (WP:15, user is lucky; instrument), Blazing Palm (WP: 14, Fire Elemental whip, successful hits lower the target's level by 1), Oculoid Palm (WP: 11, successful hits lower the target's level by 1, whip), Sexy (WP: 11, disregards SP, longsword), Heirloom Dagger (WP: 3, dagger), Nocturne Flute (WP: 6, inflicts the Sleep affect, instrument),
Artifacts: Glittering Dress (The users job traits are replaced by those of a Harlot: Promiscuity, Flee, and Money Maker, suitable for women only), Snake Eyes Charm (Provides immunity to petrified, accessory, suitable for anyone), Mage's Muffler (Provides immunity to sealed, accessory, suitable for anyone), Immortal Aegis (Bodywear, SP: 6, 1/6 chance of negating all damage on a Free Hit), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (changes user's appearance into that of an elf of the same gender, accessory)
Spell Items: Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Newtity, Scroll of Magic Disguise (Changes the appearance of the target to anything the caster desires for 1 ether per minute of duration (actual duration dictated by the Quest Master).
Battle Songs: True Loves Serenade (restores 50 health to the rest of the party, costs 2 ether per healed ally, Battle Song), Murder on the Dancefloor (Has 1/6 chance of instantly knocking out each opponent (unless immune to sudden death) when sung; costs 5 ether per non-immune enemy; Battle Song), Serene Etude (Removes negative effects from the rest of the party instantly. Costs 1 ether per negative effect removed; Battle Song), Hundred-Hero Hymn (Doubles the current and maximum health for the rest of the party for the remainder of the round. Stacks with the inspired effect. Costs 10 ether per ally)
Consumables: Grand Potion x14, Tonic x3, Grand Tonic x18, Remedy x8, Phoenix Essence X2, Nostrum x3, 2x Mead, Neutralizer x3, Herbal Infusions x3 (Removes Negative Effects and causes Blessed and Transcended effects), Oculoid Miasma (Consumable, reduces level of one enemy by 10.), Elixir x2, Tiger Balm, Health Core, Potion x4, Mead x6, Venoms x16, Deadly Venoms x2, Bone, Smoke Bombs X12, Mulled Wine, Phoenix Incense
Tools: Magic Compass, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Decamodifier, Empath Glass (Can read NPC emotions; one time use in each battle, causing one enemy Confused and Fragile for 3 rounds) *Sheep: Baaffy (Pet Sheep; whenever unleashed deals the fast asleep effect to one random opponent once per battle, unlimited use)

kirayblackknight_sandy.pngKiray Nastayo, A Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something (KingoftheZempk)
24 year old Female Human Warden
Level 28 *Immune to Blinded, Doomed, Blessed, Light, Darkness, Wood**Double damage to Demonic and Holy Foes**Half Damage from Free Hits* *Intimidation* *Blessed*
Power Bonus: 6
Defense: 29
Health: 45/45
Stealth: 0
Gold: 149
Equipment:  Never Blessed Armor (SP: 11, Immune to Darkness, Light, and Blessed, Wearer deals double damage to Demons, suitable to Knights, Barbarians, Regulators, and Skirmishers), Spesialian Spiked Pauldrons (Damage from Free Hits is halved, Immune to Wood; accessory), Never Blessed Helmet (SP: 8, Immunity to Blinded, Doomed and Blessed, Wearer deals double damage to Holy Enemies, suitable to Knights, Barbarians, Regulators, and Skirmishers), Orcish Barbed Shield (SP: 12), Mythril Hunter's Crossbow (WP:22, double WP against beasts, fire, ice, wind, and darkness-elemental),
Inventory:

Spoiler

Weapons and Shields:  Sword of Fire and Light (WP: 7, Fire-Light Elemental, Greatsword), Mythralized-Smith’s Katana (WP:20, Darkness elemental, Deals Bleeding +2), Sanctified Rito Longsword (WP:6, doubled against Flying enemies; longsword), Wolfhead Aegis (SP:5, enemies that hit the user become afraid, suitable for anyone with Wolfgang reputation; shield.), Glacial Mace (WP: 12; has 1/2 chance to cause *Slowed*; Ice-elemental; Mace), Deadly Crossbow (WP:17, Light elemental, has 1/6 chance of instantly knocking out the target unless it is immune to sudden death; crossbow, deals poisoned by 10), Myrthril Composite Bow (WP:22, ignores SP,light,lightning,water, wood, and earth-elemental; bow), 
Artifacts: Snug Armor (SP: 5, Cannot be De-Equipped, Suitable to all classes that use shields, body wear), Fishy Scale Mail (SP: 6 , wearer absorbs water-elemental damage as health, immune to Fire; suitable for knights, dragoons, skirmishers, and regulators, body wear), Flameproof Armor (SP:1; no longer flameproof; bodywear, suitable for anyone), Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects; footwear.)
Spell Items:
Consumables: 10X Potion, Ambrosia, 2x Mead, Mediocre Pongcanis Brew (Encouraged + Enraged), 3x Smoke Bomb, 9x Bone, 2x Soma, 2x Ambrosia, 4x Mead, Dragon Scale, Fire Bomb, 8x Venom, Tako Sushi (Restores 10 health; consumable), Noxious Venom, Greater Potion (Restores 50 health to the target), 8x Grand Potion, Dirt Bomb, Floral Bomb, Ice Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Venom, Serpent Scales (Grants Reinforced and Nimble-effects for the duration of one battle when consumed) Tonic, 2x Remedy, 4x Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Venom, Chicken Drumstick, Phoenix Incense, Phoenix Essence x3, Level-up Shroom, 2x Grand Potion, 2x Grand Tonics, 6x Fairie Dust
Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Wolf King's Seal (+3 Power, Intimidation, doesn't take up an item slot)

41940476375_e8095611eb_t.jpg Throlar Wineghilm (Lord Duvors)
137 year old male Dwarven Paladin  *Permanently Nimble*
Level 22
Power Bonus: 0
Defense: 5
Health: 51/51
Ether: 13/22
Stealth: +1
Gold: 0
Equipped:  Gloves of the Hypocritical/Hippocratic Oath (Adds +10 to healing for characters with the Healing job trait and +10 Poisoning for characters with the Wicked fighting style [or future equivalent]), Lens of Speed Reading (allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action; Accessory; Suitable for scroll users), Greaves of the Wolf (SP: 5, Wearer is Nimble; footwear), Shield of Invisibility (SP: 0, the user is immune to free hits until they are the last hero standing), Rotting Rod (WP: 15, 1/3 chance to Hex Undead, staff)
Inventory:

Spoiler

Weapons: Miracle Lance (A white spear crafted in the likeness of an ancient dragon: WP: 10, doubled against Ancient enemies, lance), Sundering Longsword (WP: 10, 1/3 chance to deal fragile; longsword), Spring Staff (WP: 12, healing someone else through this staff also heals the user by the same amount, water elemental staff), Unicorn's Horn (WP: 10, Ice and Darkness elemental, healing becomes nurturing, removing negative effects as well as restoring health; staff), Verkenner (WP:10, Darkness Elemental Broomstick,ranged), Shredding Star (WP: 13; removes all temporary effects from the target; Mace), 
Shields: Elven Shield (SP: 5, all elves in the party gain the same amount of SP as long as the wielder is standing),Weathered Shield (SP: 16, Ice elemental)
Artifacts:  Mage's Muffler (Protects from sealed; accessory), Sandman's Parasol (Protects from asleep and fast asleep; accessory), Lethauros Crushers (While equipped, the wearer does double damage to Rock and Flying type enemies, suitable for anyone; footwear),   Robes of the Kappa Master (+20 health, wearer is slowed; bodywear), Skull Mask (SP: 1, wearer can pose as undead, headwear), Amulet of Elven Loyalty (Wearer can use anything suitable for elves and is considered a friend by all elves; the wearer also becomes encouraged if there are elves in the party; suitable to Throlar only; accessory), Infernal Armor (SP: 10, absorbs fire, suitable for knights, dragoons, regulators, skirmishers, and vindicators; bodywear), 
Spell Items: Ruby, Emerald, Scroll of *Sealing*, Scroll of *Blindness*, Scroll of *Confusion*, Scroll of *Sleep*,Scroll of *Weakening*, Scroll of Arc *Sleep*, Scroll of Elemental Aura (Enables the user to cause the target's attacks deal only elemental damage corresponding to a gem available to the user for the duration of one battle. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 5 ether)
Consumables: x2 Potion, Tonic, Grand Potion, x6 Remedy, Elixir, Nostrum, Soma, Mulled Wine, Ambrosia, Myrrh, x2 Bone, Floral Bomb, Air Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Sleep Bomb, Seal Bomb, Blind Bomb, Confuse Bomb, x3 Smoke Bomb, x4 Shattering Arrow (lowers enemy SP by 10 points, suitable for classes that use crossbows and bows), Phoenix Incense, Phoenix Essence
Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass.

27754792869_f843639acf_t.jpg Vindsval Half-Born (Asphalt)
41 year old, Male, Half Giant,
Level: 43 Vindicator *Immune to Dark & Demonic enemies* *Immunity to Asleep,Blinded,ConfusedFragile, and Weakened* *Gains 3x Experience* *Lucky* *Reinforced

Power Bonus: +12
Defense: 10 20
Health: 66/66

Stealth: +1
Gold: 134
Equipment:  Shikokku's Stealth Suit (SP:7; Power +6, User is immune to Dark & Demonic enemies; Body, Head and Backwear counts as 1 Artefact), Wonky Shoes (footwear, SP: 3, suitable for all classes)(lent by Benj), ), 
Multi-tool Attachment (Artificial arm, Enables user to ignore the weapon restrictions of their class excluding Shields, Handwear, Suitable for Vindsval), Great Club (WP: 100, cannot be reinforced, imbued, or used with a shield. Suitable to barbarians and beast warriors); Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to Asleep,Blinded,ConfusedFragile, and Weakened effects)
Inventory:

Spoiler

Weapons And Shields:
 Very Pink Parasol: Broomstick, WP:1, Male enemies are Enamored with the hero, Xeno Whip (WP:4, poisoning the Xeno Whip doubles the poison output, whip), Witch's Hammer (WP 8, Poison 10, Hammer), Leets d’Loc (WP:9, ice-elemental longsword),
Renegade’s Crook (WP: 10, successful healing also poisons the target’s weapon by 3, staff), Stygian Blade (WP: 12, Longsword: WP doubled when using it against an Ethereal or Ancient enemy. The aura it exudes seems to be very cold, very luminescent water, the blade of Charon, the Angel of Death.), Crystal Blade (WP: 16, Greatsword. Imbued with a diamond, as is light-elemental as a result. A transparent blade that the fallen angel Glaz wielded), Woodsman's Axe (WP: 7, Axe), Wrath Lance (WP:18, causes enraged and burning 10, poison 7 and cursedDarkness and Fire Elemental, lance), Ludeus (WP: 25 Successful hits have a 1/3 chance of Awakening the blade's true power, doubling the sword's WP for the next round. Doubling does not compound.Lightning, and Wood Elemental, Greatsword/Longsword),
Artifacts
Toxic Hood: (Headwear. The green hood worn by the Rosalia Pestilence. Changes the poisoned effectto Blessed for the duration of the battle if poisoned while wearing the hood, Usable by all.), Ten-Gallon Hat: Gives the wearer the "Tourist" effect, causing no one to take them seriously), Gauntlets of the Legionnaire (Power +5, immune to Petrified, Handwear), 
Wanderer's Seal (Vindicator's Seal, grants access to the Vindicator job class; suitable to followers of the Wanderer only), Mythril Shield (SP: 20 Shield), Mechanical Arm (Doubles WP for the equipped weapon; wearer cannot become disarmed; suitable for Vindsval only; handwear),
Spell Items: Scroll of Poisoning (Can be cast on a weapon to give it Poison 10, for the duration of the battle at the cost of 5 Ether), Scroll of Frailty (Enables casting the Fragile effect to one target for three round. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Emerald
Consumables: 5X Mead, 10X Remedy, Potion, 12X Grand Potion, 2X Smoke Bomb, 3X Tonic, 3X Venom (poison -1), 3X Deadly Poison (Poison -10), Banana, Poison Bomb, 4X Hurricane - This exotic drink grants the Hilariously and Luckily Drunk-effect, doubling the power of every attack, provided the consumer can state a pun related to his attack with every attack for the duration of one battle, Bone, Fenghuang Essence, Agni Bomb, Elixir, Myrrh, Soma, 2X Phoenix Essence, Candy Cane (Restores 10 Health and 5 Ether), Health Core, 4X Mulled Wine, 3X Ambrosia, 2X Golden Lotus Flower (heals to full health upon consumption), 3X Nostrum, Last Resort (Revives all knocked out allies with 1 health.), 2X Smelling Salts, Phoenix Incense
Tools & Treasure: Bed Roll, Shovel, Magic Compass, Mythril Shard,  Bag of Wonder (Summons a random Decamon that joins the battle for 5 rounds. 10 uses remaining, Consumable)

26621841541_b6c025c0ed_t.jpg40448039192_009d4d30f6_t.jpg Skrall (Waterbrick Down)
81 year old Male Ogre Beast Warrior
Level 43.8 *Natural Respite* *Immune to Fragile, Blinded, and Confused* *1/3 chance to revive when KO'd* *Encouraged* *Lucky*
Power Bonus:
Defense: 11
Health: 68/68
Stealth: +2

Gold: 6
Equipment: Oversized Mythril Greatsword (WP:46, double damage on targets that are clearly smaller than the hero, Poisoned 10, greatsword), Tricorne (SP: 3, head wear), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, wearer is immune to fragile, blind, and confused effects, body wear), Moone Greaves (SP: 3), Vorpalis Talisman (1/3 chance of instantly resurrecting with 1 HP and 1 Ether upon being knocked out; accessory)
Inventory:

Spoiler

Weapons: Unlucky Crossbow (WP: 13, causes Jinxed Effect), Giant Hammer (WP: 13, deals Confused), Axe of the Minotaur Champion (WP: 30; user is Slowed and Immune to Hastened, cannot be equipped at the same time as a shield; axe)
Artifacts: Medal of Glory (Wearer gains 3x experience from battles, accessory), Paper Doll (Immunity to Hexed), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Immunity to Weakened), Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard"; accessory), Grogmas Beard (Power bonus equal to the number of the current month (eg. +1 in January, +12 in December); accessory.), Winged Sandals (Immunity to Slowed and Bound, Footwear), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies, back wear),
Consumables: 10 Mead, 2 Nostrum, 3 Remedy, 1 Deadly Venoms, 9 Smoke Bomb, Blind Fury, Kraken Fang (provides hastened and reinforced when consumed), Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, Silver Ore (worth 70 gold)
Tools: Spyglass (Reveals if there are spies and eavesdroppers in the vicinity when used; tool)

21994854154_0d4d07263b_t.jpg Lind Whisperer (Lind Whisperer)
25-year-old Human Black Knight
Level 26
Power Bonus: +7
Defense: 15
Health: 42/42
Gold: 273
Stealth: 0
Equipment: Invader's Armour (SP: 3, wearer is encouraged when their current health is at half or below the wearer's maximum level), Immortal Palms (+7 power; all battle start with one round of Electric weather. Handwear.), Vorpalis Netherwings (SP: 4, the wearer deals double damage to humanoid type enemies and takes half damage from Holy/Light enemies. Backwear, suitable for anyone.), Shield of the Silent Knight (Shield, SP:8, attackers have a 50% chance of being Sealed), Bifrost Blades (WP: 14, dual strike, dagger LightEarth, Water, Wind, and Ice  Elemental)

Spoiler

Weapons: Darker Ethereal Deck (Playing Cards) (WP:7, throwing weapon), Ethereal Deck (Playing Cards) (WP:7, throwing weapon), Wind Spitter's Deck of Cards (WP:10; wind-elemental; causes triple damage to mobs; suitable to Lind only; throwing weapon). Star-Breaker (WP: 5, darkness-elemental halberd *1/2 chance of stun*), Skull Shield (SP:6; immunity to dark-elemental damage; suitable to Black Knights only; shield.), Shadeaux Mace (WP: 9; deals *Fragile* effect; Mace), ,Steel Knife (WP: 12, throwing weapon), Gladius (WP: 16, darkness-elemental greatsword, 1/3 chance of causing Fragile on successful hits)
Artifacts: Trickster's Mask of the Human (suitable for anyone, changes users appearance into a human of the same gender, accessory), Mugger's Mask (Protects from loss of gold from gold stealing enemies, headwear.), Akrone Fez (Artifact; SP: 1, Max. Health: +1, Headwear, suitable for anyone), Plasma Shield (SP: 3, user absorbs electric attacks), Swift Boots (Changes HIDE into STEAL & HIDE, allowing the wearer to steal gold equal to the target’s level if it carries gold in addition to hiding; suitable to rogues; footwear.)
Spell Items: Scroll of Frailty
Consumables: x5 Potions, Bone, Last Wish Powder, Military Grade Firebomb x2, Grand Potion, Greater Potion, Remedy x7, Mulled Wine, Phoenix Incense
Tools & Treasure: Bedroll, Shovel, Newspaper with Picture of Lupine, Alfendi's Cape, Alfendi Lupine's Blank Calling Cards, Map of Olegia, Arena Pass x2, Crescent Seal (+2 Power, +1 Free item usage during the first round of battle)

benji_prophet.icon.jpg Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms
30 year old half-elf
Level 50 3/5 Prophet *Overkill Gloves* *2x damage against Vermin* *Hastened* *Lucky* *Encouraged and Immune to Ice*
Power Bonus: 5
Defense: 25
Health: 82/82
Ether: 55/55
Gold: 794
Equipment: Hollow Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:24; AIM's become HIT's; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind- elemental; Hollow [Elixir]), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (backwear, SP:6, suitable for Ranger, Barbarian and Beast Warriors), Wonky Shoes (footwear, SP: 3, suitable for all classes), Order Imperial Prophet's Armor (SP: 8; Grants Command; Suitable for Prophets; Bodywear), Tricorne (headgear, SP:3), Anniversary Medal (Power +5, SP +5, Max Health +5, Max Ether +5. Values increase by 1 with each passing year; Accessory)
Inventory

Spoiler

Weapons: Hollow Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:17; earth-, wood-,water-, lightning-, light- elemental; Hollow [Elixir]), Ornamental Throwing Knife (WP: 6, has a 1/3 chance of causing target to be Confused; ranged; retrievable throwing weapon; suitable for rangers, rogues, beast warriors, infiltrators, scholars and winged warriors.)
Artifacts: Nordic Stomach Guard (bodywear, SP: 3, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect), , Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Trickster Mask of the Dwarf (Headgear, the wearer's appearance is changed to that of a dwarf), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (footwear, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect), Marksman Monocle (Misses are rerolled, Headgear), Robe of Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect, suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers, scholars and weather mages; bodywear), Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin),
Consumables: Health Core (3), Grand Potion (10), Potion (3), Elixir (4), Remedy (3), Grand Tonic (2), Phoenix Essence (4), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (3), Mead (2), Flame-Distilled Brandy (3), Mulled Wine (3), Venom-1, Venom-15, Soma, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Bone (12), Smoke Bomb (3), Chaotic Bomb (100 damage, random element), Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Stun Bomb (3), Sleep Bomb (3), Grating Stone (3), Mythril Shard, Phoenix Incense
Spell Items: Ruby (Fire), Opal (Ice), Aquamarine (Water), Emerald (Wood), Scroll of *Minimizing* (Has 1/2 chance of causing the *Minimizing*-effect on the target; costs 10 ether.), Scroll of Frailty, Amethyst, Garnet, Ethereal Opal (Ice and Fragile)
Tools: Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel

28048987748_93550b8660_t.jpg28048987958_ffe231f8f7_t.jpg28048987598_b7cb9b1e07_t.jpg Bluedvi, Rinti, & Haverti (NPC's take Suggestions from Benji)
120 year old Fairies
Level 45 Winged Warriors *
Nimble*Immune to Cursed, Petrified, Light, & Dark* *Lucky* *Hastened*
Power Bonus: +10
Defense: 5
Health: 60/60

Stealth: +1
Gold: 0
Equipment: Fae Blade (WP: 25, 1/3 chance to confuse, mutable weapon suitable to Fairies), Snark Mail (SP 5, Permanently Nimble, Bodywear), Bandersnatch Cloak (The wearer can choose to hide for the next round, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy, Backwear), Greaves of the Jabberwocky (Immunity to Cursed, Petrified, Light, and Dark, Handwear), Grand Potion, Remedy

The heroes make ready to dash down the stairs.

Vindsval Sheathes the blade and looks down at the mage.

Greetings Bright Eyes, You have travelled into deep matters.  

OOC: vindsval drank two potions after the last battle.

After a not-so-happy landing out of the tempestuous and violent Plane of Everlasting Winds, Heckz Brutenhal attempted to stand up for the first time since making one of the worst mistakes of his lifetime and willingly sentencing himself to what seemed like an eternity spent riding his broomstick inside a rampant tornado.

The man could not find his balance.

5 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Vindsval Sheathes the blade and looks down at the mage.

Greetings Bright Eyes, You have travelled into deep matters.  

OOC: vindsval drank two potions after the last battle.

Heckz's burning eyes quickly turned to the imposing vindicator with what seemed to be a combination of dread and disgust.

"Who are you calling bright, you repulsive repugnant wretch!? Get away from me befor-"

A noise originating from his belly interrupted him. He promptly took of his pristine white muffler and proceeded to empty out his stomach on the stone floor beside him.

6 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Uh...Heckz? Is that really you?"

The has-been sorcerer grinned.

He bowed his head and presented.

"The great and fabulous! I see my legendary reputation as the one true hero of Heroica precedes me. And you are?"

His eyes, still dazed by the everlasting motion sickness, were struggling to focus on the monk who accompanied him on two quests.

9 minutes ago, Cutcobra said:

He bowed his head and presented.

"The great and fabulous! I see my legendary reputation as the one true hero of Heroica precedes me. And you are?"

His eyes, still dazed by the everlasting motion sickness, were struggling to focus on the monk who accompanied him on two quests.

Karie looked at Heckz in disbelief. She'd almost forgotten about him entirely, only for him to return from who knows where, right into her presence. She grimaced.

"Just my luck..." Karie remarked under her breath, not wanting anyone to hear. 

Throlar blinked. At this point he wasn't really surprised by someone he knew appearing out of thin air, in fact it was starting to become a bit routine. He briefly wondered if it really was the person he once knew, Heckz's eyes hadn't glowed like that last time they'd met. All doubts were put to rest however at the sight of the man before him vomiting profusely and then leaping into a ridiculously self-aggrandizing boast without skipping a beat. He sighed, his head bowing as his hand rose gently to meet it, and remained in this pose for an indeterminate amount of time. The only signs of life he displayed were his gentle swaying and and the occasional quiet, muffled "Why?".

Benji looks at Heckz suspiciously, "Where'd you come from?" he asks, raising an eyebrow

15 minutes ago, Flare said:

Benji looks at Heckz suspiciously, "Where'd you come from?" he asks, raising an eyebrow

28048987958_ffe231f8f7_t.jpg
"That looked like the Plane of Everlasting Winds, why any flightless mortal would go there is beyond me. It's nothing but sky and little outcroppings of rock perpetually falling."

15 hours ago, Cutcobra said:

The man could not find his balance.

Heckz's burning eyes quickly turned to the imposing vindicator with what seemed to be a combination of dread and disgust.

"Who are you calling bright, you repulsive repugnant wretch!? Get away from me befor-"

A noise originating from his belly interrupted him. He promptly took of his pristine white muffler and proceeded to empty out his stomach on the stone floor beside him.

Vindsval steps aside to avoid the splatter.

You call me disgusting?  And yourself a hero?

He looks from Pretzel to Benji, 

You know this. . . man?

4 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Vindsval steps aside to avoid the splatter.

You call me disgusting?  And yourself a hero?

He looks from Pretzel to Benji, 

You know this. . . man?

"A hero from the hall, at least that's what this foul fellow reminds me off. For sure I'm not sure if a demon has taken possession of him or if this is an evil twin." 

Edited by Flare

Kiray looks on, dumbfounded at another Hero appearing before her. "You know, you look a little worse for wear. Maybe you should sit down for a moment."