Throlar- Rotting Rod
Monk Pretzel- Bone x3, Tiny Mushroom
Lind- Level-Up Mushroom, Pickled Mushroom
Benji- Cowl of the Dark Druid
Kiray- Level-Up Mushroom, Pickled Mushroom
Vindsval- Emerald, Tiny Mushroom
Karie- Tiny Mushroom, Mighty Mushroom
Skrall- Pickled Mushroom

"I hope this is to everyones satisfaction." Karie exclaims.

2 hours ago, Flare said:

Benji uses his magic compass to decide which staircase will lead them to the Fae One. 

The magic compass twirls left and then right, up, and then down, unable to decide upon a direction.

28048987748_93550b8660_t.jpg
"Still relying on those mortal tools, Benji? The Fae realm doesn't stay in one place it's always shifting, that's why we don't teleport anywhere otherwise you may end up in the middle of a tree."

"I have no particular preference as to where to go...perhaps downwards? It would seem the more likely place that they would have a dungeon, but who knows? Maybe it would be a better idea to clear the top first, so that we don't have to watch our backs as we descend."

15 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Loot
Throlar- Rotting Rod
Skrall- Pickled Mushroom

"Thanks a lot for giving me something that I can't even use." Benji glares angrily at the party leader. 

Benji throws his compass to the side, and combines use of his job traits Track Down and Clairvoyance, to find which direction to go to find the Fae One. 

5 hours ago, Flare said:

"Thanks a lot for giving me something that I can't even use." Benji glares angrily at the party leader. 

Benji throws his compass to the side, and combines use of his job traits Track Down and Clairvoyance, to find which direction to go to find the Fae One. 

Karie looked at Benji tepidly. "Look, instead of getting your knickers in a twist, maybe you should be a bit more assertive and a bit less aggressive." Karie rolled her eyes. "Give me the cowl, and I'll give you the mushrooms I was going to keep for myself.

Benji growls and glares at her, tossing the cowl in her direction. 

3 hours ago, Flare said:

Karie grabs the cowl. She then walks over to Benji and hands over the mushrooms.

"Look, I don't know what your issue is, but your problem's been resolved." Karie didn't want to stir up any more of an issue, although in the back of her mind she wondered if this had anything to do with Benji's affection towards Kayla. "Knock it off."

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Karie looked at Benji tepidly. "Look, instead of getting your knickers in a twist, maybe you should be a bit more assertive and a bit less aggressive." Karie rolled her eyes. "Give me the cowl, and I'll give you the mushrooms I was going to keep for myself.

"You know, I think Pretzel is the only person here who can use that cowl."

3 hours ago, Flare said:

"Look mate, what exactly is your problem? Ever since we arrived you've been uptight and holier-than-thou towards us, and now you're behaving overly aggressively over something utterly trivial. You weren't this unpleasant last time I saw you, so what's going on?"

Benji ignores the comments, takes a knee and bows his head, breathing heavily. He focuses his energy on divining the direction they must travel in

I hand Karie my Tiny Mushroom and give her a Grand Tonic to drink giving her sympathetic shrug while at it.

Assuming she gives me the cowl, I accept it.

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

I hand Karie my Tiny Mushroom and give her a Grand Tonic to drink giving her sympathetic shrug while at it.

Assuming she gives me the cowl, I accept it.

Karie smiles, taking Pretzel's offered items and handing him the Cowl. She appreciated the monk's generosity.

"Thank you, Pretzel. I know I don't always show it, but I'm thankful I'm with you guys."

3 hours ago, Flare said:

Benji ignores the comments, takes a knee and bows his head, breathing heavily. He focuses his energy on divining the direction they must travel in

Throlar briefly considered giving the man a swift kick in the pants, but decided that that wouldn't help matters in the slightest and left him to... whatever it was he was doing.

Edited by Lord Duvors

Vindsval slams the club into the ground and drops to a knee.  He clenches his fist and slams it down as well.  a near physical wave of force explodes outward from him as the Vindicators rage leaves him.  He stagers up to his feet. 

I still and unused to that.  The power engulfs me.  

He shakes his head and walks back to the group.

Well Fought my friends.  

He accepts the loot provided by Pretzel, and Pops the tiny Shroom into his mouth.  Strangely chewy. 

The magics of this place seem to confuse your compass Master CArverhall.  perhaps two or more would narrow the search.

OOC:  Benji, actually Vindsval still has your medallion you lent him, he should have received the triple XP for that battle.  let me know if you want it back now that you are here again.

Edited by Asphalt

OoC: Sorry I couldn't get on sooner.

On 6/5/2018 at 8:31 AM, Kintobor said:

Loot
Throlar- Rotting Rod
Skrall- Pickled Mushroom

Lind lifted up the Mushrooms, and looked at them admiringly. "Very satisfying, but while we were fighting, I had an idea-"

20 hours ago, Flare said:

15 hours ago, Kintobor said:

14 hours ago, Flare said:

11 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Karie grabs the cowl. She then walks over to Benji and hands over the mushrooms.

"Look, I don't know what your issue is, but your problem's been resolved." Karie didn't want to stir up any more of an issue, although in the back of her mind she wondered if this had anything to do with Benji's affection towards Kayla. "Knock it off."

7 hours ago, Flare said:

Lind sighed as the loot fight broke out, and slowly quieted.

"Look...

I don't think many people here, would disagree, that I'm one of the most...eager people, when it comes to loot. I...try and look out for myself.

But we're in an end-times scenario, here. We need to prioritize the group, and what is good for the group as a whole, over ourselves."

The Munchkin lifted up his Level-Up Shroom.

"Look at it. Beautiful. Hours of work...all bound up for free, in a single consumable.

But.

What good can it really do me? It's...just one level. A tiny bit more power...barely anything."

He held up his hand. "Just give me a minute...I'm coming to the point.

Benji...you're already one of the strongest players Heroes I've met. Those shrooms will help you a little, sure...but not that much."

He crossed his arms. "Who, here, would gain the most from these - especially the Mighty Mushroom?

I thought about this earlier, and the answer...is actually pretty simple.

Karie.

Think about it - her battle songs are one of the most important parts of these fights. Without her Hastening us constantly, we'd have a much, much, harder time of it.

That little bit of extra power will barely help us - but two or more extra ether, especially when we're coming up on an arch-demon? That could be the difference between a complete party kill...or victory."

Lind set his Mushroom on the ground, between Karie and Benji.

"Again, all of you know how much I love loot. But this is a time when we all have to think of the party, over ourselves. We are the last hope of Eubric...the Fae...and who knows what else?

And that's why I'm putting my money where my mouth is, and offering my mushroom to the project.

Benji, that mushroom by itself, to you - without a Level-Up Shroom, it's practically useless.

But...if we take mine, and combine it with yours...we can do something really good for the party."

He nodded at Karie.

"...Honestly, I think we should give you all of the Mushrooms. But if no one else feels that way, I completely understand. They are valuable, after all. But...I kind of hope our Prophet can see things from my point of view.

Either way..." He gave the Mushroom a goodbye pat. "...Either way, eat up, but wait to see if Benji will maybe be a sport, and double it's effects."

5 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Karie smiles, taking Pretzel's offered items and handing him the Cowl. She appreciated the monk's generosity.

"Thank you, Pretzel. I know I don't always show it, but I'm thankful I'm with you guys."

"Karie, you've always shown it. You're the best team leader I've ever had."

He grinned, and began to toy with his Pickled Mushroom. "...Anyone going to try theirs? Kind of curious what these things do..."

On 6/4/2018 at 7:18 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

28048987598_b7cb9b1e07_t.jpg
"We need to press forward quickly. Let me know when you are ready."

Inside the tower the Party can see a stair case leading up and a stair case leading down.

"I have no idea...I feel like a powerful figure would naturally hang out in the top of their tower - but then again, this is a demon. They might prefer dungeons."

He shrugged.

"Eh. Let's go down."

OoC: 

The general TL;DR of that somewhat long post: Lind gives his Level-Up Shroom to Karie, to eat, and he hopes that Benji will share the Mighty Mushroom with her also.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

OoC: Okay...I feel a little bit stupid...

I originally misread things somehow that the Mighty Mushroom tripled the effects, not just doubled. :facepalm: Edited to reflect this. (Although +2 obviously doesn't come off as large/significant as +3, because, well, it isn't.)

...Still think giving my mushroom+the Mighty one to Karie is a good idea, though.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

7 hours ago, Flare said:

Benji takes a moment as he communes with his deity.

26621841541_b6c025c0ed_t.jpg
"Whatever message he's gettin', I hope it's a quick one." 

On 6/4/2018 at 9:33 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

28048987958_ffe231f8f7_t.jpg
"We're fine, no worse for wear. Are all from your organization such as you?"

"Capable? I suppose. It really depends on the job. Some are better suited than others." She then notices the others quarrelling. "If you mean that, then this happens more often than not, though we usually come together."

She accepts the loot. Then, she added, "I'll be the first to." She eats her pickled mushroom. "Well, it's definitely pickled, that much I can tell."

"We don't have time for all this." I hiss under my breath to no one in particular.

26621841541_b6c025c0ed_t.jpg
"Agreed, unless the elf has something he wants to contribute. we need to move. Dungeons are probably on the lower level, but the upper level might have somebody in charge."

As Benji falls into a trance he receives two visions as if they are happening simultaneously. In one the party rushes down the stairs and finds the imprisoned Fey One on the edge of dying wrapped in a cocoon of white roots. Many fairies, some living, some dead, sit emaciated in chains along the walls of the tower basement.

The other vision shows the heroes running up the stairs and stopping a masked figure who has opened a portal to the material plane and is quickly preparing to escape.

Benji gets the impression that only one of these futures is attainable.

Benji quickly desribes to the group the vision he received. He also throws the mushrooms at Lind. 

Why is there so much bickering, we have so much to do.  Vindsval thinks to himself as those around him squabble.  He turns his full attention to Benji as the prophet begins to speak.

He thwacks the club into his palm with a metallic clang.

We came to save the Fey One, that is the Path we should follow. 

On June 6, 2018 at 9:55 PM, Lind Whisperer said:

He nodded at Karie.

"...Honestly, I think we should give you all of the Mushrooms. But if no one else feels that way, I completely understand. They are valuable, after all. But...I kind of hope our Prophet can see things from my point of view.

Either way..." He gave the Mushroom a goodbye pat. "...Either way, eat up, but wait to see if Benji will maybe be a sport, and double it's effects."

"Karie, you've always shown it. You're the best team leader I've ever had."

Karie eats the Tiny Mushroom offered to her by Lind.

"Lind, don't try and flatter me just yet, we're not out of the woods yet. Still, thank you." Karie grinned at Lind. She knew that a tough decision lay ahead of her. On the one hand she did not want the figure, presumedly the Rosier, getting to the material plane. On the other hand, the Fae One would be able to answer the questions brewing in her head about the Founders.

"... we need to rescue the Fae One. Whoever is proceeding through the portal we can catch up with. We don't have that luxury when it comes to the Fae One. Gather your stuff and prepare for a fight. We don't know what we'll find in the lower levels." Karie downs a Grand Tonic and a Smelling Salts. "Once you're all ready, we'll descend into the lower levels."

"If we catch the archdemon, we could nip all of this in the bud!" I begin, but then catch myself. "You're right. Someone's life is at stake and we can't give up on the Fae One if we still have a chance. Part of me thinks I could go up and hold Rosier for a while until you guys can bring help...but I doubt that is the case. What I wouldn't give to have all of us here now...but we've spoken too much already. Let's go. We've got a Founder to rescue."

Edited by Palathadric

Throlar equipped the Rotting Rod and the Shield of Invisibility, downing a tonic in the process.

"While I would like our group to split up and deal with both problems simultaneously it seems unlikely that half of us could defeat an Archdemon by themselves. Though I doubt that the figure Benji speaks of is Rosier. To be honest it seems to me that Rosier might be in the city already considering that their roots were already making their way through the sewers of Eubric. However our duty is to rescue the Fey One and the other fairies, letting them die when we can save them is unacceptable. Besides, they may have information on Rosier and this masked figure that we need."

"Ready when you all are." I say, while rubbing the Strong Wasabi and Crimson Haze on the Dual Staff. I then give Heaven and Hell a good sharpening with the Grating Stone.