Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return - Sewers

34 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

38613641175_2cbff027fb_t.jpg
"Sure, I'll sell you as many as you need."

"Just one." Karie counts out and places 500 gold out, taking a Scroll of Magical Disguise. "Hopefully this will at least make slinking around the city slightly easier.

If anyone's got any last minute business to attend to here, do so now. I don't know when we'll be back here. Make sure someone takes the stone Byblos gave us. We'll need it when we go to the Zeigfrieds." She gets out of the chair she had been sitting in since the start of the meeting and tucks it back under the table respectfully. She speaks to Ulric, looking him in the eye, if only to show how serious she was taking things. "Thank you for your cordiality. If you have any problems with Heroicans, report them to me and I'll handle them. At the same time, if you need to contact us, I'm certain you have a means to do so." Karie extends an arm, hoping for a handshake to solidify the alliance with the Wolfgang. She felt a twinge of conflict as she did so, but continued to look Ulric in the eyes. 

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

She gets out of the chair she had been sitting in since the start of the meeting and tucks it back under the table respectfully. She speaks to Ulric, looking him in the eye, if only to show how serious she was taking things. "Thank you for your cordiality. If you have any problems with Heroicans, report them to me and I'll handle them. At the same time, if you need to contact us, I'm certain you have a means to do so." Karie extends an arm, hoping for a handshake to solidify the alliance with the Wolfgang. She felt a twinge of conflict as she did so, but continued to look Ulric in the eyes. 

"I certainly do and he's going with you." Ulric gives a nod to Skrall, "This city has survived more disasters than can be recorded, I'd hate to see it perish to this one. Kayla would be proud of what you're doing. I hope you can make sense of it all."

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

"Thank you for your cordiality. If you have any problems with Heroicans, report them to me and I'll handle them. At the same time, if you need to contact us, I'm certain you have a means to do so."

I raise an eyebrow at Karie's acting as if she is the ambassador to the Wolfgang for Heroica and vice versa, having, as far as I know, done no work for them. Nevertheless, I turn pleasantly to Ulric.

"I must say that despite the bleakness of the present circumstances, this has been an informative meeting. The message from Byblos is certainly worth noting."

12 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

I raise an eyebrow at Karie's acting as if she is the ambassador to the Wolfgang for Heroica and vice versa, having, as far as I know, done no work for them. Nevertheless, I turn pleasantly to Ulric.

"I must say that despite the bleakness of the present circumstances, this has been an informative meeting. The message from Byblos is certainly worth noting."

"If you say so, I've never met the Metasimian, but Skrall here seemed to think pretty highly of him. Keep your head down out there, travel in the streets will be tricky."

On 2/14/2018 at 2:52 PM, Asphalt said:

We have tarried here long while our other friends travel to the gods only know where.  We must decide and do so quickly.  I can support a decision to protect this writer, but will that truly aid us in our quest or bring us more blood upon our hands.  We killed many who were simply doing their jobs in order to bring these two from danger.  If we are to do it again, all must agree to strike down any who stand against us.  There can be no question of morality.

"If we don't intend to hold ourselves to some moral standard then why are we fighting at all? If we don't at least attempt to be morally superior to our enemies then what exactly are we fighting for?"

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

"If we don't intend to hold ourselves to some moral standard then why are we fighting at all? If we don't at least attempt to be morally superior to our enemies then what exactly are we fighting for?"

That I have yet to learn.  We are on our own here, we know only what we have seen.  We lost any high ground when we killed those men for doing their jobs.  If we go to the paper and there are more soldiers, what morality do we have to stand on if they attack.  We are the criminals in this city now, they its protectors.  And that will be the case until we are vindicated by these Returners, or we are victorious in overthrowing them and taking back our Hall.  

"Violence is a last resort. We don't use it unless we have to. Only, if we have a damn good reason for it."

21 hours ago, Asphalt said:

That I have yet to learn.  We are on our own here, we know only what we have seen.  We lost any high ground when we killed those men for doing their jobs.  If we go to the paper and there are more soldiers, what morality do we have to stand on if they attack.  We are the criminals in this city now, they its protectors.  And that will be the case until we are vindicated by these Returners, or we are victorious in overthrowing them and taking back our Hall.  

"In case you've forgotten, I did everything in my power to convince those soldiers to stop attacking us! And I had some success too, limited as it may have been."

14 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Violence is a last resort. We don't use it unless we have to. Only, if we have a damn good reason for it."

"Thank you Pretzel."

On 2/15/2018 at 7:15 PM, Asphalt said:

21 hours ago, Palathadric said:

26621841541_b6c025c0ed_t.jpg
"Good men die on all sides. They were right in doin' their duty, you were right in seekin' after the truth, it's not an either or it's a both, ya got to learn to see the gray. Hopefully the bloodshed will be limited, but Tarok knows it won't be. Do we have a headin' yet, who's leading this bunch, Karie?"

On 2/15/2018 at 1:33 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

"If you say so, I've never met the Metasimian, but Skrall here seemed to think pretty highly of him. Keep your head down out there, travel in the streets will be tricky."

"We'll make the city proud."

On 2/15/2018 at 3:25 PM, Lord Duvors said:

"If we don't intend to hold ourselves to some moral standard then why are we fighting at all?

"Survival? Our lives?" Kiray can only shrug.

On 2/15/2018 at 11:45 PM, Palathadric said:

"As well as diplomacy didn't work last time, it could be useful to come. Let's at least not destroy the city. It would nice ot be able to find a house to retire to when this is all over, and not a pile of rubble."

"Well, if everyone's ready to go, let's head out to the Herald. We can figure out what's going on there, find Frustrated Flying Filly, and then make our next move from there.

I can lead this group from here on out if no one else wants to." Karie proclaims.

On 2/18/2018 at 3:48 AM, KotZ said:

"Survival? There are many ways that are easier to survive than by fighting? I'm sure no one would pursue you if you chose to put down your sword and live a common life."

On 2/17/2018 at 9:48 PM, KotZ said:

Throlar shrugged with a palpable air of 'eh, whatever'.

5 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Well, if everyone's ready to go, let's head out to the Herald. We can figure out what's going on there, find Frustrated Flying Filly, and then make our next move from there.

I can lead this group from here on out if no one else wants to." Karie proclaims.

"Well I'm ready to go at least. As for leadership, while I would find it a novel experience I doubt I'd be the best choice, so I'm fine with you being in charge for now."

The party makes ready to head out to the Eubric Herald, before leaving the Wolf Den back into the hovels, the party reviews it's equipment and skill set for stealthing about the city.

40368159132_afa9a96ea2_z.jpg

Sneaking through Eubric
In order to make it through Eubric undetected a d6 stealth check will be rolled a number of times equal to the number of party members. If half the rolls are above a 3, the party moves without being noticed, if not they will encounter some resistance. The roll can be modified by the following:

• Player starting class was rogue or ranger +1 Stealth
  • Player's current advanced class is rogue or ranger based +1 Stealth
  • Spells such as Scroll of Disguise is used +1 Stealth
  • Backwear such as cloaks equipped +1 Stealth
  • Torsowear such as armor equipped -1 Stealth
  • Shields equipped -1 Stealth
  • Moving from one side of the city to the other -1 Stealth
  • QM Approved Modifiers +1/-1 Stealth

Karie moves with the rest of the group and motions for a huddle.

"Right, everyone, I've had my fair share of running around city back alleys in attempts to not be seen. Some of it is from my pickpocketing days, some of it's from my time with the Syndicate. Stay light on your feet and avoid making eye contact: remember, we move as one. If any of you are feeling a little nervous: good. Adrenaline can be a hel of a motivator."

Karie checks out her own inventory, checking to see what she has on her that could help both herself and her party out, downing two grand tonics as she did so.

Starting class was rogue: +1
Advanced class was rogue/cleric: +1

OOC: Brace yourself.

When you say torsowear such as armour is that strictly metal armour or is that all torsowear? Also, what about any Trickster's Masks and the Skull Mask in my possession? Would they affect the die roll? Thirdly, if Karie were to remove her face paint and domino mask, would that affect the die roll? I'm merely fielding out my options here, WBD. 

"Hiding and being stealthy isn't really my strong suit, but I'll see what I can do."

Throlar removes his Infernal Armor and replaces it with his Robes of the Kappa Master, while also removing his shield.

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Karie moves with the rest of the group and motions for a huddle.

"Right, everyone, I've had my fair share of running around city back alleys in attempts to not be seen. Some of it is from my pickpocketing days, some of it's from my time with the Syndicate. Stay light on your feet and avoid making eye contact: remember, we move as one. If any of you are feeling a little nervous: good. Adrenaline can be a hel of a motivator."

Karie checks out her own inventory, checking to see what she has on her that could help both herself and her party out, downing two grand tonics as she did so.

Starting class was rogue: +1
Advanced class was rogue/cleric: +1

OOC: Brace yourself.

When you say torsowear such as armour is that strictly metal armour or is that all torsowear? Also, what about any Trickster's Masks and the Skull Mask in my possession? Would they affect the die roll? Thirdly, if Karie were to remove her face paint and domino mask, would that affect the die roll? I'm merely fielding out my options here, WBD. 

QM Note: No problem, I know there's going to be a lot of questions. By torsowear I do mean armor. The Trisker's Mask and Skull Mask give +1 Stealth respectively. The aesthetic removal of the face paint would not change the roll. It's also worth noting that the while you're starting class is relevant to Karie's bonus, because she is currently a Minstrel she does not get the advanced class bonus.

Do I get added bonuses for multiple backwear artifacts: e.g.: White Fur Coat, Cloak of the Grand Vizier, etc.? Also, I suppose helmets will not reduce my stealth, but what about the White Ninja Cowl for enhancing it? I think the Bumble Fan Shirt would make a great disguise too. What hero would wear something so bold and daring? Certainly not Pretzerl! :tongue:

Meanwhile, I de-equip the Dark Steel Armour and Order Imperial Prophet's Armour.

11 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

QM Note: Wall of Text

OOC: Thank you kindly!

One last thing: Scroll of Magic Disguise description states "changes the target's appearance to anything the caster desires". Does this include animals, and would disguising oneself as an animal have any effect on die roll?

45 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

Do I get added bonuses for multiple backwear artifacts: e.g.: White Fur Coat, Cloak of the Grand Vizier, etc.? Also, I suppose helmets will not reduce my stealth, but what about the White Ninja Cowl for enhancing it? I think the Bumble Fan Shirt would make a great disguise too. What hero would wear something so bold and daring? Certainly not Pretzerl! :tongue:

Meanwhile, I de-equip the Dark Steel Armour and Order Imperial Prophet's Armour.

QM Note: Since Pretzel can equip multiple cloaks, then yes each would give him a +1. I'll give you a +1 for the White Ninja Cowl. The Bumble Fan Shirt will give you -1 as there is nothing inconspicuous about it. :tongue:

30 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

OOC: Thank you kindly!

One last thing: Scroll of Magic Disguise description states "changes the target's appearance to anything the caster desires". Does this include animals, and would disguising oneself as an animal have any effect on die roll?

QM Note: I'm ruling it as a disguise self spell and not a polymorph spell. So you can change into any humanoid.

16 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

QM Note: I'm ruling it as a disguise self spell and not a polymorph spell. So you can change into any humanoid.

Cool. I just needed some clarification. :thumbup:

What would you give the Glittering Dress? I assume it's a little too flashy, but if Karie can go all out on a persona or a false identity, she will. 
:tongue:

Karie removes her Encore Plectrum and dons her Trickster's Mask of the Elf, brushing her hair about to ensure her new pointy ears were visible. She then removed her face paint and domino mask.

Edited by Kintobor

Just now, Kintobor said:

Cool. I just needed some clarification. :thumbup:

What would you give the Glittering Dress? I assume it's a little too flashy, but if Karie can go all out on a persona or a false identity, she will. 
:tongue:

Karie removes her Encore Plectrum and dons her Trickster's Mask of the Elf, brushing her hair about to ensure her new pointy ears were visible. She then removed her face paint and domino mask.

QM Note: Again, you're going for inconspicuous, the glittering dress is -1.

Kiray unequips her shield for the moment. There's no way I can remove the armor, she thinks to herself.

Advanced class was ranger: +1
Player is not using shield: +1
Player is weaaring rattling armor: -1

Does being LUCKY effect the role?