Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return - Hovels

11 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Karie prepared to rush into combat as the shouts began, guitar at the ready. She rounded the corner, pick in hand and at the ready!

"Have at you! You- oh... oh..." Karie put her pick in her pocket, somewhat disappointed, not at the lack of a fight, but at who they had found. Lawrence was in the group. Just her luck.

"Well, long time no see, Lawrence. I see you're still in one piece." Karie commented halfheartedly. She put her guitar away. She couldn't remember who Lawrence was with or whether or not anyone here was new to the group. It didn't matter. Her focus was on Lawrence. "So... how did your investigation go? I believe you went to check out the temple in the Hovels, correct?"

24 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Karie bows to Torald, partially as a means for him to see how to properly do so.

"Torald, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Karie Alderflask-Cour. We were the group who went off looking for Ulric, and needless to say, we wound up finding more than we initially thought. There's a lot to go over, as we've been off on what could only be described as an adventure in itself. We've scoured Eubric for a mystery writer and have been to the Faerie and back, only to bring one of the Founders with us.

More importantly, whoever's currently at the head of the Council running this city isn't the Founders. Euflear has confided with us that the Founders are indeed dead."

"Why don't we start with your group. How did your investigation in the Hovels go?"

“Looks like you made some friends along the way,” says Boomingham, raising his eyebrow at Heckz and Skrall. “Never thought I’d be happier to see the Ogre out of the two of you. How you doing, big guy? As for our investigation-” he points to the Oracle. “It was a bit of a circuitous route, but we got the job done, is the main thing. Looks like she was being held by a demon calling herself Rosier. Didn’t figure out for sure but I’d wager she and these fake founders aren’t totally desperate occurrences.” Boomingham bows to The Fey One. “Honor to meet you, by the by. Lord Lawrence T. Boomingham. We served in the Orcish War together.”

"We rescued the Sand Queen! Just like we said we would." I boast proudly. "We also ran into one of the founders...but we politely excused ourselves. Plus, we rescued Wally here. Oh, and believe me, Lord Boomingham was very close to suffering a rather horrible fate, but we saved him too."

"While this reunion is great and all, let us remind ourselves that we are on enemy territory. Our party also spotted a dark druid in these under passes and when we ran into you, I could have sworn it was them at first, especially when I saw one of your members..." Pretzel sends a look at Germ. "But we should get out of here."

I bow to the Sand Queen and kiss her hand.

"My lady..."

22 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

"We rescued the Sand Queen! Just like we said we would." I boast proudly. "We also ran into one of the founders...but we politely excused ourselves. Plus, we rescued Wally here. Oh, and believe me, Lord Boomingham was very close to suffering a rather horrible fate, but we saved him too."

Boomingham shoots the young boy daggers, having tactfully expunged their run in with Lady Luck and his temporary sickness from his account.

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

“Looks like you made some friends along the way,” says Boomingham, raising his eyebrow at Heckz and Skrall. “Never thought I’d be happier to see the Ogre out of the two of you. How you doing, big guy? As for our investigation-” he points to the Oracle. “It was a bit of a circuitous route, but we got the job done, is the main thing. Looks like she was being held by a demon calling herself Rosier. Didn’t figure out for sure but I’d wager she and these fake founders aren’t totally desperate occurrences.” Boomingham bows to The Fey One. “Honor to meet you, by the by. Lord Lawrence T. Boomingham. We served in the Orcish War together.”

"I suppose you could say that. I see you've picked up some friends as well." Karie points to the Sand Queen and the green skinned woman. "We just came back from the Faerie. Seems like the Dark Druids and the Rosier have been battering down upon the Faerie for some time. It's like a wasteland now, the whole place is dark and cold. We learned that Cain knew about the war going on in the Faerie. It wouldn't surprise me if Cain was murdered by the Founders to ensure he stayed silent on the matter. We also discovered that Byblos has been trying to contact us from a point near the Temple of Zoot." Karie shows Lawrence and the rest of the Hovels group the stone Ulric gave her group. 

Blinding light now over-run
A dark seed planted below the sun
Where once was joy and never glum
The flower grows, take care They come

-Byblos

"We were dealing with Dark Druids in the Faerie, and I assume now that They refers to them. The Rosier is here in Eubric, and we need to deal with her. Now."

54 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

"Oh?" Karie inquires, getting down on level with the young knight, a spark lighting up in her eyes. "Boomers came close to dying? Sounds like he almost didn't come back in one piece. Seems like you had quite the adventure! Mind letting me in on what happened with the Founder? What about Boomers?" Karie grins. "We ran into one of the Founders as well: the Mountain. He tried to stop us from getting into the Faerie, but we certainly showed him a thing or two before we made our escape!" Karie buffs out her chest and comically shows off her muscles as she speaks about the Mountain in an attempt to relate with the little knight.

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Karie bows to Torald, partially as a means for him to see how to properly do so.

"Torald, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Karie Alderflask-Cour. We were the group who went off looking for Ulric, and needless to say, we wound up finding more than we initially thought. There's a lot to go over, as we've been off on what could only be described as an adventure in itself. We've scoured Eubric for a mystery writer and have been to the Faerie and back, only to bring one of the Founders with us.

More importantly, whoever's currently at the head of the Council running this city isn't the Founders. Euflear has confided with us that the Founders are indeed dead."

"Why don't we start with your group. How did your investigation in the Hovels go?"

Torald tries to bow again, failing a bit less miserably this time around. 

We've had some interesting things too. But most importantly, we did find the Oracle. So that's good. Also, the Oracle has no idea what is going on. She was locked in a magic cage thingy that we opened by solving a puzzle. Our boy wonder over here solved most of it. Anyway the answer to the puzzle was Rozier the Seductive, a very bad Demon. Not so good. No idea what or even if the demon is involved in all of this but it ain't good. 

50 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Oh?" Karie inquires, getting down on level with the young knight, a spark lighting up in her eyes. "Boomers came close to dying? Sounds like he almost didn't come back in one piece. Seems like you had quite the adventure! Mind letting me in on what happened with the Founder? What about Boomers?" Karie grins. "We ran into one of the Founders as well: the Mountain. He tried to stop us from getting into the Faerie, but we certainly showed him a thing or two before we made our escape!" Karie buffs out her chest and comically shows off her muscles as she speaks about the Mountain in an attempt to relate with the little knight.

Missing Boomingham's glare, Petaldan continues excited by the attention. "Yes. He drank some poison and turned horribly grey-like. I had to throw a Smoke Bomb so we could drag him to safety and heal him up. I am now a Paladin officially, you know? So I can heal people up.

We fought the founder a little bit, especially Lord Boomingham and the Norseman, but I thought things weren't looking good, so I had to throw a Smoke Bomb to help us escape. I like these Smoke Bombs, nobody gets hurt. I--"

Seeing that the young paladin's narrative could keep going on so long as he had a captive audience, Pretzel interrupts.

"That is all good and well. Interesting to hear, by the way, but we have got more important matters to discuss such as which way we want to head out of here."

I turn to Boomingham.

"Since you seem to be coming this way in a hurry, I am guessing that the direction you came from is not a good direction to head in? We were pursuing one of Rosier's henchmen through a portal that took us here. You haven't seen anyone who seemed to fit that role of command, did you?"

"Well," Kiray says, "good to see everyone again. Glad to see nobody is too hurt."

"Well," said Throlar having seen that hostilities were not going to commence, "glad to see everyone is well, and it's very nice to meet you at last your highness." he said, addressing the Sand Queen with a slight nod. As he continued to speak he began to gingerly dismount the broom he had been floating atop during the last minute. "As everyone has seen fit to tell you we've had quite the adventu-" at this point he lost his grip and with a cry of "Dammit!" fell to the floor of the tunnel with a thump, Verkenner clattering to the ground beside him.

"I should probable practice a bit more if I intend to continue using that." he said as he stood up and dusted himself off.

5 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Oh, well as Karie has said we've encounter one of these people too. They may not be the real founders but they still fight better than any of us. One blow of his was able to knock Pretzel unconscious instantly. I'm glad to see you're not hurt." he nodded to Sküld, "Glad to see you're in one piece too miss."

Throlar then cast his gaze over to Elphaba and Waldorf saying;

"Now would you two kindly introduce yourselves and tell us how you came to join this merry band of renegades?"

5 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Our party also spotted a dark druid in these under passes and when we ran into you, I could have sworn it was them at first, especially when I saw one of your members..." Pretzel sends a look at Germ. "But we should get out of here."

Germ mouthed the word "What?" But forgot his helmet blocked most of his face and most likely Monk saw nothing. 

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

We also discovered that Byblos has been trying to contact us from a point near the Temple of Zoot." Karie shows Lawrence and the rest of the Hovels group the stone Ulric gave her group. 

The Rosier is here in Eubric, and we need to deal with her. Now."

Looking the stone over. This sounds like the plant thing we saw in Dastan. Oh, their is a portal in the "Oracle's Temple" which leads to Dastan. 

Are we sure Rosier is here and not her spirit or what ever you want to call it. 

3 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Yes. He drank some poison and turned horribly grey-like. 

"Since you seem to be coming this way in a hurry, I am guessing that the direction you came from is not a good direction to head in? 

I think technical he ate a mushroom. 

We were in a hurry? It just where we were, is now a banded village. We are now trying to find a way back to the surface, because we kinda fell down here. So if you want to go back that way you better be a good climber or be able to fly. 

1 minute ago, Lord Duvors said:

They may not be the real founders but they still fight better than any of us. One blow of his was able to knock Pretzel unconscious instantly. 

He was not the only one to go down instantly...Then Germ noticed that his back was still sore. 

11 hours ago, Palathadric said:

I bow to the Sand Queen and kiss her hand.

"My lady..."

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg
"The formality is appreciated, but Semiramis will do."

6 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Throlar then cast his gaze over to Elphaba and Waldorf saying;

"Now would you two kindly introduce yourselves and tell us how you came to join this merry band of renegades?"

heroicaquest124-waldorf.jpg
"Umm... I'm Waldorf... these folks rescued me from some scary roots."

25404690297_36491a070f_t.jpg
"Heroes haven't even heard of me... I've been gone too long. I am Elphaba of Ozmath, you look as if you could use some riding lessons." The witch assesses Throlar with an icy stare. "I was investigating a demon incursion in Dastan when these heroes showed up."

12 hours ago, Zepher said:

Skrall smiles at the sight of the vindicator.
26621841541_b6c025c0ed_t.jpg
"Doing just fine, wouldn't mind gettin' out of these cramped tunnels. I heard we've been kicked out of the hall, they finally decided your drinking was costing them too much?"

The fairy returns the bow.
42748028751_4a3f08bf58_t.jpg
"Together? I'm sorry I can't say I remember your face, but that was very many years ago. I must commend you on your service over all these years, tell me, you haven't seen any others of my people down here have you?"

10 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Since you seem to be coming this way in a hurry, I am guessing that the direction you came from is not a good direction to head in? We were pursuing one of Rosier's henchmen through a portal that took us here. You haven't seen anyone who seemed to fit that role of command, did you?"

Overhearing this piece of conversation Ezerans face wrinkles with worry. "More portals? This demonic infestation seems to be more withspread than we could ever imagine, how do we deal with it? And even if we could manage to close all the portals and deal with the archdemon will the infestation rid itself or do we need to work on more than one front?"

The Giant ignores the barbs of their party's newest member and travels through the Portal and down the hall.  His hand strays towards his weapons as they near the sounds of armored men.  

He visibly relaxes and a smile broadens on Vindsval as he sees some of his old friends and companions.

Good To see you all again.  Masters Germ, Torald, Ezeran, And with a nod of respect, Young Paladin. 

His gaze is pulled to the green woman.

I sense the power of the Witchery way along your Path My lady.

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

. His gaze is pulled to the green woman.

I sense the power of the Witchery way along your Path My lady.

The shriveled head hanging from the witch's staff cackles.
38465719930_168eac110b_t.jpg
"What gave it away, the emerald skin, or the all black getup?"

"Hush Roderick... Aye, I am from the swamps of Ozmath where the Witching runs deep. But I take it your Witchery path does not stem from there."

21 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"That is all good and well. Interesting to hear, by the way, but we have got more important matters to discuss such as which way we want to head out of here."

I turn to Boomingham.

“I think a Dark Druid just wandered by, but it’s more of  a situation of dealing with the wound before removing the arrow. I think we deal with Rosier and the whole thing is done. Only question is where the Hel she is.”

12 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Skrall smiles at the sight of the vindicator.
26621841541_b6c025c0ed_t.jpg
"Doing just fine, wouldn't mind gettin' out of these cramped tunnels. I heard we've been kicked out of the hall, they finally decided your drinking was costing them too much?"

The fairy returns the bow.
42748028751_4a3f08bf58_t.jpg
"Together? I'm sorry I can't say I remember your face, but that was very many years ago. I must commend you on your service over all these years, tell me, you haven't seen any others of my people down here have you?"

“It’s too bad you weren’t there when the Faux-Founders showed up. We could have just wedged you in the door and they wouldn’t have been able to get in:” Boomingham teases Skrall. ”That being said, I would like to introduce you to Lasy Luck next time we see her. This crew is enthusiastic, but they don’t quite have our muscle power.”

Boomingham turns to the Fry One. “Unfortunately I think the last fairies we saw were in Dastan and dead.”

Addressing the group: “we need to get back on mission. As far as i can tell that means getting to Rosier, or getting to whatever new name they made up for Fort Bonaparte. Either way it means getting out of here. Was thinking of going toward those ruins over there - from what I hear there’s a plethora of temples down here that demons hang around in. Alternatively we could try to get to the surface.”

"Oh, yes. We went through a portal to Dastan and there were dead fairies all over the place. Also, there are these awful white routes that seem to be emanating from the centre of the gardens. That was where we met Lady Luck."

"Do any of you recall where the other party was headed? Weren't they going to explore Zoot's Temple down here?"

“So the ruins? Truthfully we should move somewhere.” Boomingham says, beginning to feel impatient all of a sudden. Reunions are nice and all but he worries the others have already accomplished more than his rather feeble contribution of running from Lady Luck and saving a forgetful Oracle. He leads the party towards the ruins,glancing at Karie to see if she’d protest.

9 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Good To see you all again.  Masters Germ, Torald, Ezeran, And with a nod of respect, Young Paladin. 

A little surprised anyone is glad to see him. Mister Giant of, something something something, you know what I have trouble remembering half the things I should be remembering. I probably just  give you a nickname like I have given everyone else here. 

3 hours ago, Zepher said:

I think we deal with Rosier and the whole thing is done. Only question is where the Hel she is.”

I get this feeling that "dragon lady" knows where Rosier is located. 

2 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Do any of you recall where the other party was headed? Weren't they going to explore Zoot's Temple down here?"

Wasn't it some mansion in the city? 

22 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Looking the stone over. This sounds like the plant thing we saw in Dastan. Oh, their is a portal in the "Oracle's Temple" which leads to Dastan. 

"I'm sorry, Dasta... what?"

Throlar shook his head.

"Look, perhaps it would be better if each group gave a clear account in chronological order of what's happened since we last met rather than just giving out random snippets of incomplete information. This way one group isn't going to be blindsided by something the other group knew about already."

22 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Are we sure Rosier is here and not her spirit or what ever you want to call it. 

"Nope, were sure she's physically here."

16 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

heroicaquest124-waldorf.jpg
"Umm... I'm Waldorf... these folks rescued me from some scary roots."

"Heroes haven't even heard of me... I've been gone too long. I am Elphaba of Ozmath, you look as if you could use some riding lessons." The witch assesses Throlar with an icy stare. "I was investigating a demon incursion in Dastan when these heroes showed up."

"Nice to meet you both. And if you are willing madam I'd be honored if you'd teach me even a little of the art of broom riding."

4 hours ago, Zepher said:

“I think a Dark Druid just wandered by, but it’s more of  a situation of dealing with the wound before removing the arrow. I think we deal with Rosier and the whole thing is done. Only question is where the Hel she is.”

"On the contrary, we should find this person as soon as possible. Even if we defeat Rosier, if one of Rosier's cultists escapes then they could simply summon her again, rendering this whole affair little more than a delay for whatever plan Rosier has."

4 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"No, they went to check out the Dragonlord's- sorry, Cain's home. I heard something about the real Golden Dragon's tomb being there, so they were probably checking to see if the tomb had been opened. Though considering with where our two groups ended up who knows where they are now."

"Ah, yes. You are quite right. I do recall somebody wanted to search Zoot's temple. I believe it was Hoke."

3 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"I'm sorry, Dasta... what?"

"Look, perhaps it would be better if each group gave a clear account in chronological order of what's happened since we last met rather than just giving out random snippets of incomplete information. This way one group isn't going to be blindsided by something the other group knew about already."

Taking a deep breath. Ok, fine. We went to the Oracle's Temple unlocking the place. When we went inside the place was covered with White Roots and orange flammable spores. Then we found a "door way" to the Dark Forest of Dastan at the end of the main path way their was a big plant bulb with a dark book inside (ask "Total" if you want to see it). After we came back to the Temple all the clues lead to the Hanging Gardens. The first group of "people" we bumb into was three ladies and some sort of Warg in disguise, who just ran off some where. One of the ladies turned out to be "Waldo's" undead fiance made of this stuff. Then Germ showed the others the Pixie Dust. But I am getting ahead of myself a little bit...Aaa yes, after the ladies the "female founder" showed up and smacked us around for a bit until the Smoke Bomb. Then I found this stupid magic door where we found "Waldo" trapped (and freed him). After that our wizards decided to make a big hole in the ground, witch we all fall down. After we got our bearings we went to a mushroom village(?) Where they were holding the Oracle in some sort of force field. After that we ran into you guys. (Did I forget something?)...Do you want to go now? 

8 hours ago, Zepher said:

“So the ruins? Truthfully we should move somewhere.” Boomingham says, beginning to feel impatient all of a sudden. Reunions are nice and all but he worries the others have already accomplished more than his rather feeble contribution of running from Lady Luck and saving a forgetful Oracle. He leads the party towards the ruins,glancing at Karie to see if she’d protest.

Karie shrugs her shoulders.

"If you're chasing dark druids down, I'm fine with that. Since one of your comrades decided to speak up about what you've been through, I suppose it only fair to divulge what our group has accomplished. You may change your mind when you hear what we've discovered, so buckle in."

Karie took in a deep breath.

"We went to see Ulric and see what it is he wanted to see us about. He gave us the stone Byblos sent, and we have his support should we make an offence against the Founders. The Wolfgang is going to blow up the wall that divides the Hovels from the rest of the city. In return for his support, we are granting him some amount of charity. Ulric Wolfkin is not to be harmed. I don't support the Wolfgang, but ultimately we need his support if we're going to all make it out of this alive.

We then went to the Eubric Herald to look into the Frustrated Filly and ran into Rook. The Herald will not support us after what happened at the bar two nights ago. He did divulge the location of our mystery writer, and we took flight to the Winking Gargoyle Inn. Turns out the mystery writer is Aša Nifelheimer, the Valkyrie. Hestia is with her husband in the Crystalline Sea with the remainder of the Bonaparte fleet. That's not all.

Aśa's been investigating things discretely for awhile now. The Founders have been in Eubric for a few months it seems, and they've orchestrated everything. The Guild's expulsion, the Ziegfrieds family drama, all of it has been their doing. These bastards orchestrated the whole damn ordeal, and then galloped in to look like saviours. We were informed of a war in the Faerie from her, and then we as a group headed off to the Tri-tech company.

It seems as if though that the Tri-Tech Company was being demanded to hand over their automatons, something I think we can all agree is a bad idea. Thankfully the Founders didn't get there hands on any of it, but the Mountain showed up to give us a hassle. He's still alive, but the important thing to know is this: the Faerie is dying. We managed to teleport there through the Tri-Tech company, and what we found was... disturbing. The Faerie is a bleak, dark place, with dead Fairy Dust falling like snow, but staining like ash. We managed to get to a tower covered in vines, and we wound the Fae One wrapped in white vines and dying. We rescued her and made our way back here. Someone was going through the portal before us. We found ourselves here, and we stumbled into you guys.

And that's about it. That's our findings.

Lawrence, is there anything you'd like to add to Germs recollection of what happened with your group?"

22 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Karie points to Elphaba, managing to clue together where she'd seen the green skinned woman. "I distinctly remember you owned a cart that drove itself and that you would come to the marketplace every now and again." Karie recalled. "That feels like it was ages ago. Might I ask why you never showed up again? You seemed to disappear."

Benji shuffles around the edge of the group, not eager to make conversation with the new group. He glares uncomfortably at Elphaba, and sticks to sharpening his arrows while looking around for any demons that may be lurking about

“That’s more or less the whole of it.” Boomingham grits his teeth upon hearing how much his rival had accomplished, and decides to spill his remaining secret to try to seem more impressive. “Spoke to Rosier as well. She’s a demon and what not, so I’d say take everything she says with a grain of salt, but she seems to have come to Eubric to find out where the Fairies have gone. If they’re fleeing or if she doesn’t understand that life isn’t a permenantly renewable resource, that I can’t say. When I pressed her on her relationship to these faux-Founders she said she was unconcerned with them. Called them dreamers. Didn’t say outright she wasn’t responsible for them, but also didn’t seem exactly aligned with them.” Way Lady Luck talked about the flowers seemed a bit like that too...”

“Anyway. Dark Druid just went northwest, but we did just kill a whole cadre of them and don’t think it changed anything. Forgive me the pun, but I’m still an advocate for going to the root of the problem.”

"I agree. The Dark Druids do nothing but provide the arm for Rosier. I am quite certain the person we are tracing is not a mere Dark Druid, but where the Dark Druid goes, it is very possible that we may find what we are looking for...should we follow it?

22 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The shriveled head hanging from the witch's staff cackles.
38465719930_168eac110b_t.jpg
"What gave it away, the emerald skin, or the all black getup?"

"Hush Roderick... Aye, I am from the swamps of Ozmath where the Witching runs deep. But I take it your Witchery path does not stem from there."

Someone walking around with a talking skull, why does that seem familiar? The thought flashes through his mind as the head cracks a joke.

No Lady, my power was of a different path.  I was brought to the Way through the powers of disease, He touches his metal arm, and venoms of nature.  I made it my goal to use those powers against those who would abuse them to benefit themselves and hurt the weak.  I walked not long upon the path, but I remember it fondly.  I wear this emblem to remind me of it.  He pulls his cloak around to show his emblem as the Scoprion Knight.