Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return - Hovels

8 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran let out a sigh of relief and the symbiont smiles. "Thank the realms that you are alive, you hade us worried there. Well, it's a long story but to sum it up: the veterans are back and we suspect a demonic infestation that will make the threat of the Triffid look like a picnic with zombie kids in comparison. What do you remember before everything obviously went black for you?"

40584512162_806dd257b3_t.jpg
"I was investigating an outbreak of some sort of demonic plants in the garden. They seemed to have developed some sort of root structure centered in the park deep underground. While investigating I found this hideaway, but it only leads to a sealed off entrance to the Hinckwell's manor.Then I got really tired... and there was a voice... I couldn't make quite make out what it was saying, but I fell asleep... dreams... they're the only thing I have left to remind me of my sweet lost Annabelle." A tear forms at the edge of Waldorf's eye.

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I was investigating an outbreak of some sort of demonic plants in the garden. They seemed to have developed some sort of root structure centered in the park deep underground. While investigating I found this hideaway, but it only leads to a sealed off entrance to the Hinckwell's manor.Then I got really tired... and there was a voice... I couldn't make quite make out what it was saying, but I fell asleep... dreams... they're the only thing I have left to remind me of my sweet lost Annabelle." A tear forms at the edge of Waldorf's eye.

Can you lead us there? The park, deep underground that is. I have a feeling we might find someone important there. 

"Lord Lawrence Boomingham," says Boomingham as he offers a hand. "Glad to see you're alive as well."

Boomingham clears his throat as Torald asks to be led somewhere, and again when he says "someone important". Damn demon book. Boomingham glances at Elphaba to see if she seems worried. "Yes, well, I'm all for hitting the center of the Park as well... assuming we can figure out a way to skirt Lady Luck in getting there. This boy seems to know his way around flowers, but I'm not sure he's quite the extra fire power we need to take her on. Regardless, seems to be the center of the mystery. We're still trying to figure out what in the Hel happened to the Oracle."

57 minutes ago, Alfadas said:

Can you lead us there? The park, deep underground that is. I have a feeling we might find someone important there. 

"I can take you to the center of the park, but I don't know how we're going to go underground." The mage yawns, "Honestly... I'd much rather go back to dreaming of Annabelle."

27 minutes ago, Zepher said:

"Lord Lawrence Boomingham," says Boomingham as he offers a hand. "Glad to see you're alive as well."

Boomingham clears his throat as Torald asks to be led somewhere, and again when he says "someone important". Damn demon book. Boomingham glances at Elphaba to see if she seems worried. "Yes, well, I'm all for hitting the center of the Park as well... assuming we can figure out a way to skirt Lady Luck in getting there. This boy seems to know his way around flowers, but I'm not sure he's quite the extra fire power we need to take her on. Regardless, seems to be the center of the mystery. We're still trying to figure out what in the Hel happened to the Oracle."

"Waldorf, tier 2 Arbomancer of the Hanging Gardens."

59 minutes ago, Alfadas said:

Elphaba catches Boomingham's eye.
25404690297_36491a070f_t.jpg
"What sort of someone, Torald?"

I give Waldorf a big hug.

"I'm so glad you're alright. We were all so worried about you after Annabelle said that you hadn't shown up for your...rendezvous. Boy will she be pleased to see you. ...But Annabelle is not lost. You were lost, but now you're found. Isn't it better to be with her than to just dream about her?"

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I can take you to the center of the park, but I don't know how we're going to go underground." The mage yawns, "Honestly... I'd much rather go back to dreaming of Annabelle."

----

Elphaba catches Boomingham's eye.
"What sort of someone, Torald?"

It's just a feeling, not even sure who. that's the thing. If we find him/her/it we know. He pats the book. And no, it has nothing to do with the book. Technically. As I said, it's a feeling. 

5 hours ago, Palathadric said:

I give Waldorf a big hug.

"I'm so glad you're alright. We were all so worried about you after Annabelle said that you hadn't shown up for your...rendezvous. Boy will she be pleased to see you. ...But Annabelle is not lost. You were lost, but now you're found. Isn't it better to be with her than to just dream about her?"

Waldorf looks confused,
"Petaldan... Annabelle has been dead for nearly 2 weeks."

4 hours ago, Alfadas said:

It's just a feeling, not even sure who. that's the thing. If we find him/her/it we know. He pats the book. And no, it has nothing to do with the book. Technically. As I said, it's a feeling. 

"Alright then, be careful, that book has caused more harm than good in its checkered history."

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Waldorf looks confused,

"Alright then, be careful, that book has caused more harm than good in its checkered history."

More or less just half paying attention seemingly checking the room out, until Germ heard this little bit of news. That is when Germ started to poke "Wally". That is funny you don't seem like a Ghost. Wasn't Annabelle with two other girls? Unless all three gals were ghost, or...Hey, do one of you still have that "collar" from that "dog"? That might be a clue to something. He directed towards the others. 

He basically said to himself. I think it depends on witch side you are on. 

Waldorf looks confused,

Who did we talk to then? Strange things are happening... Torald mumbles. 

Will do.

15 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I look shocked and confused.

"But we...I...I just spoke to her. She...oh!

"Oh my, didn't the founders mention something about letting the dead talk or something like that, raising the dead?"

12 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

More or less just half paying attention seemingly checking the room out, until Germ heard this little bit of news. That is when Germ started to poke "Wally". That is funny you don't seem like a Ghost. Wasn't Annabelle with two other girls? Unless all three gals were ghost, or...Hey, do one of you still have that "collar" from that "dog"? That might be a clue to something. He directed towards the others. 

He basically said to himself. I think it depends on witch side you are on. 

12 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Who did we talk to then? Strange things are happening... Torald mumbles. 

Will do.

3 hours ago, Palathadric said:

I look shocked and confused.

"But we...I...I just spoke to her. She...oh!

"Oh my, didn't the founders mention something about letting the dead talk or something like that, raising the dead?"

"What do you mean you talked to her?!? I buried her.. I was running late for one of our dates and she was waiting outside in the cold and she got pneumonia."

A chill runs down my spine.

"This is so freaky! We seriously just spoke to her...not up to an hour ago. She said she was waiting for you and that you were running late, which was unusual for you. That is why we came to find you... You know that the Founders of Heroica are walking about the city these days, right? Do you have an idea how long you've been out here?"

I whisper to Throlar and Ezeran.

"Do you think it's possible that he just dreamed that she died?"

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"What do you mean you talked to her?!? I buried her.. I was running late for one of our dates and she was waiting outside in the cold and she got pneumonia."

Still not convinced "Wally" was all right, maybe he is a zombie...If you are fine with it I want to do a quick check on you. This plant could of messed you up, as in posion. 

When "Wally" Ok it, I check his breathing, pulse, temperature and his eyes. 

7 hours ago, Palathadric said:

A chill runs down my spine.

"This is so freaky! We seriously just spoke to her...not up to an hour ago. She said she was waiting for you and that you were running late, which was unusual for you. That is why we came to find you... You know that the Founders of Heroica are walking about the city these days, right? Do you have an idea how long you've been out here?"

"Only a day or so, I heard about the Founders, I also heard the news about you guys. I still don't believe it."

7 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Still not convinced "Wally" was all right, maybe he is a zombie...If you are fine with it I want to do a quick check on you. This plant could of messed you up, as in posion. 

When "Wally" Ok it, I check his breathing, pulse, temperature and his eyes. 

"Umm... sure." The mage, upon inspection, seems completely healthy.

15 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Only a day or so, I heard about the Founders, I also heard the news about you guys. I still don't believe it."

"Umm... sure." The mage, upon inspection, seems completely healthy.

What is the scuttlebutt about the Heroes? 

You seem OK for now. Keep in mind, I only have first aid training. You haven't have any headaches, light-headedness, shortness of breath, odd soreness like broken bones or anything else you think worth mentioning? 

23 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Ezeran smiles at goodhearted knight. 

"I doubt it Petaldan, I doubt it..."

The dead talking? For the first time Boomingham resolution wavers. He had heard of raising the dead, but this seemed very different. If he understood right one of the women they had met with at the edge of the Park was dead, but she hadn’t seemed it. His mind drifts briefly to his decayed decimated Kingdom, and  was the bodies buried there. Wife. Son. If this is what the Founders were offering... yet he feels sure it’s not as simple as it looks. The roots... and besides, this was his city, not elsewhere.

”Sorry, lad,” he grumbles. “If you say she’s dead, chances are she is. You seem to know your way round here - any way we can sneak back to the center of the garden?”

21 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

What is the scuttlebutt about the Heroes? 

You seem OK for now. Keep in mind, I only have first aid training. You haven't have any headaches, light-headedness, shortness of breath, odd soreness like broken bones or anything else you think worth mentioning? 

"No just tired..."

6 hours ago, Zepher said:

The dead talking? For the first time Boomingham resolution wavers. He had heard of raising the dead, but this seemed very different. If he understood right one of the women they had met with at the edge of the Park was dead, but she hadn’t seemed it. His mind drifts briefly to his decayed decimated Kingdom, and  was the bodies buried there. Wife. Son. If this is what the Founders were offering... yet he feels sure it’s not as simple as it looks. The roots... and besides, this was his city, not elsewhere.

”Sorry, lad,” he grumbles. “If you say she’s dead, chances are she is. You seem to know your way round here - any way we can sneak back to the center of the garden?”

"If she's out there... I've got to find her. I can get you to the center of the garden, not much there though. The roots seem to be emanating from there and they go all the way to the walls of the garden."

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"No just tired..."

"If she's out there... I've got to find her. I can get you to the center of the garden, not much there though. The roots seem to be emanating from there and they go all the way to the walls of the garden."

You didn't happen to hit your head at some point? 

I am sure we will find her again...I think they are reaching out farther than the walls, heck the whole city might be covered. We ended up finding some mushrooms at a temple in the hovels. And these white roots seems like fungal to me. 

"We need to go as soon as possible, this infestation could be spreading exponentially..."

Ezeran looks over his shoulder as if expecting something wicked to be behind them.

"Follow me, I guess." Waldorf glances outside making sure the coast is clear before dashing outside. The mage leads the group to the center of the garden just in view of the gazebo..

"Now what?"

"Now we move fast. Because someone could be well on our tail." Boomingham glances around. "Ezeran, Torald, either of you have a garnet? Think you can get us underground?"

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

"Now we move fast. Because someone could be well on our tail." Boomingham glances around. "Ezeran, Torald, either of you have a garnet? Think you can get us underground?"

"Sadly I have no Garnet, maybe Torald is in possession of one?" Ezeran thinks for a while then puts forth his emerald. "I could always use this to create vines which roots will clear out most things in the world, did you know roots can penetrate even the hardest stones given enough time or in this instance, ether?" Ezeran focuses on the emerald envisioning vines with deep searching roots clearing their path.

Torald rumbles in his bag a bit. Where are you, little.. Ooh there you are. Torald pulls out a Garnet. Closing his eyes, the no-longer-heroes feel the ground moving under their feet as a somewhat decent tunnel appears. Or at least that's what Torald envisions as he focuses on the energies in the Garnet. 

As the mages begin their spell work, a familiar figure comes running up to them.
26769835838_8d218e559b_o.jpg
"Waldorf! There you are, you are so late for our date..."

Waldorf goes pale.
"Anna... Annabelle? You're, you're..."

"Overly attached to you?" Annabelle smiles and goes to embrace the mage.

"Dead." Waldorf pushes her to arm's length.

'Dead? Ha! Oh Waldorf, is this another one of your wizardy jokes?"

8 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald rumbles in his bag a bit. Where are you, little.. Ooh there you are. Torald pulls out a Garnet. Closing his eyes, the no-longer-heroes feel the ground moving under their feet as a somewhat decent tunnel appears. Or at least that's what Torald envisions as he focuses on the energies in the Garnet. 

11 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

"Sadly I have no Garnet, maybe Torald is in possession of one?" Ezeran thinks for a while then puts forth his emerald. "I could always use this to create vines which roots will clear out most things in the world, did you know roots can penetrate even the hardest stones given enough time or in this instance, ether?" Ezeran focuses on the emerald envisioning vines with deep searching roots clearing their path.

The two mages expend their full ether reserves of ether to dig a shaft 30 meters deep. As they do, the ground beneath them begins to shutter and shake and suddenly collapses sending the heroes, Waldorf, and Annabelle tumbling down into a giant sink hole.

39843270990_e1b0b9ee3e_o.jpg

From the light filtering down from above the heroes can see they are in a vast cavern with a multitude of tunnels leading in and out. White roots permeate the entire room and mounds of fungi are spread along the cave floor and walls. Most of the heroes had managed to land unscathed, a grouping of tall mushrooms breaking their fall. Annabelle however lays off to one side, her body broken from the plunge. Waldorf rushes over to her side.

"Waldorf... Waldorf..."

"No, no, no... not again, not again!"