Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return - Hovels

4 hours ago, Alfadas said:

I don't think Torald magically grew 40141 hp, so... 

:snicker:

"Maybe we aught to try to find the other parties and tell them what we have found...or else we keep looking for the Oracle...though it's risky."

On 4/7/2018 at 2:28 AM, Alfadas said:

I don't think Torald magically grew 40141 hp, so... 

Uhm whereto next? This lady will try to find us. 

QM Note: Fixed

Boomingham shakes his head. "Not even back to square one - if anything we've lost ground. We can't fight her like this, and we're not closer to finding the Oracle, and it seems something nasty came through that portal and is infecting the city. What do we think? Do we traffic in coincidence, or are we thinking the flowers and the founders are somehow linked." He sighs. "Didn't someone say they knew an arbomancer around here? Is it worthwhile trying to track him down?" Boomingham glances over his shoulder. "Whatever we want to do, we have to do it fast. I wish we could have a chat with her, but I'm thinking she'll be less amenable this time around."

7 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham shakes his head. "Not even back to square one - if anything we've lost ground. We can't fight her like this, and we're not closer to finding the Oracle, and it seems something nasty came through that portal and is infecting the city. What do we think? Do we traffic in coincidence, or are we thinking the flowers and the founders are somehow linked." He sighs. "Didn't someone say they knew an arbomancer around here? Is it worthwhile trying to track him down?" Boomingham glances over his shoulder. "Whatever we want to do, we have to do it fast. I wish we could have a chat with her, but I'm thinking she'll be less amenable this time around."

Catching his breath Ezeran tries to think of the alternatives at hand. "We could try and search for him but don't we need to leave this area?"

Boomingham chews on his cheek but nods ruefully, feeling newfound fondness for his new friends, all apparently willing to go down swinging. “You’re right. I just don’t have any idea of where the Hel we should be heading. The streets are crawling with people who think we’re criminals and she’ll be hot on our tail wherever we go. Any bright ideas? I’ve got one, but it isn’t so bright.”

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham chews on his cheek but nods ruefully, feeling newfound fondness for his new friends, all apparently willing to go down swinging. “You’re right. I just don’t have any idea of where the Hel we should be heading. The streets are crawling with people who think we’re criminals and she’ll be hot on our tail wherever we go. Any bright ideas? I’ve got one, but it isn’t so bright.”

QM Note: Just for clarity's sake, the Party can go to other parts of the Hanging Gardens, but given enough time Lady Luck might track them down.

"We could use the magic compass to try to find Wally...or perhaps we should try to meet up with the other parties and tell them what we've discovered."

"I don't want to leave the gardens until we have a better idea of what the Hel crawled into Eubric, and how much of a hold it's got on the place. Lady Luck might have been a lovely distraction, but those flowers weren't natural." Boomingham hands the bouquet to Petaldan. "Eric, if Lady Luck catches up with us, you take the rest of the party and find the others. I'll stick around and have a word with her. Before anyone goes complaining about the plan, it's not a pointless sacrifice. I'm not looking to get killed, just arrested." Boomingham smirks. "There's quite a few Veterans I think it'd be worthwhile to have a word with, and there might be a friend or two of our's spending some time on this newly minted Fort Freedom or whatever they're calling it. Of course, getting captured isn't plan number one, so let's keep moving." Boomingham leads the party, quickly, to the Silverlight Grove.

The group quickly heads for Silverlight Grove as the smoke slowly begins to fade.  Up ahead the white birch trees form a small forest in the gardens surrounding a small patio with a short fountain in the center. To the south, a giant wall of ivy crawls upwards along the wall of the Hinckwell Villa which backs right up to the Hanging Gardens. On the north side of the grove, the heroes can see a small grouping of bestial topiary.

6 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"We could use the magic compass to try to find Wally...or perhaps we should try to meet up with the other parties and tell them what we've discovered."

Ok fine, magic 8 compass where is this Wally person located. 

Used the Magic Compass to find Wally. 

Boomingham looks ruefully at the Hinckwell Villa. “Maybe we should stop in, see if we can see anything.” Meanwhile he takes out his shovel and digs.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:52 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Ok fine, magic 8 compass where is this Wally person located. 

Used the Magic Compass to find Wally. 

The magic compass points toward the wall of ivy.

9 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham looks ruefully at the Hinckwell Villa. “Maybe we should stop in, see if we can see anything.” Meanwhile he takes out his shovel and digs.

Boomingham's shovel manages to uncover a dented Flora Gear.

41380609741_b5cf92fdc5_t.jpg Flora Gear (adds wood-element to physical attacks and protects from wood-elemental damage, accessory.)

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The magic compass points toward the wall of ivy.

Boomingham's shovel manages to uncover a dented Flora Gear.

41380609741_b5cf92fdc5_t.jpg Flora Gear (adds wood-element to physical attacks and protects from wood-elemental damage, accessory.)

Ezeran looks around nervously. "We should get going as fast as we can, I have a bad feeling that there are more dangers around here."

“Hm, no ghostly roots this far. That’s good news at least.” Boomingham tosses the Flora Gear to Ezeran and glances over the Demon’s shoulder at his compass. “Looks like we’re paying the Hinckwells a visit after all.” Boomingham quickly leads The Party to the front door of the Villa and investigates the door, seeing if it’s locked, boarded up, or open.

23 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Is he in the wall or behind it? 

Looks the wall over better with his Telescope and Magnifying Glass. 

As Germ brushes away some of the Ivy he finds the outline of a door leading into the garden. As the black knight runs his hand over the border, the door glows slightly and a reflection of Germ appears.

10 hours ago, Zepher said:

“Hm, no ghostly roots this far. That’s good news at least.” Boomingham tosses the Flora Gear to Ezeran and glances over the Demon’s shoulder at his compass. “Looks like we’re paying the Hinckwells a visit after all.” Boomingham quickly leads The Party to the front door of the Villa and investigates the door, seeing if it’s locked, boarded up, or open.

Boomingham ducks around to the front of the villa and finds the door locked with no lights showing through the windows.

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

As Germ brushes away some of the Ivy he finds the outline of a door leading into the garden. As the black knight runs his hand over the border, the door glows slightly and a reflection of Germ appears.

Looking at the image for a second, trying to figure out if it was a reflection or something else. Moving around a little to see what this image would do until he eventually...put his left hand on image (for a second it looked like he was going to use right hand) as he pushed on the image, he wondered how much effort it would take to go right threw the image. 

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Boomingham ducks around to the front of the villa and finds the door locked with no lights showing through the windows.

"That's not a portal is it?" Ezeran says with hesitation. 

4 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Looking at the image for a second, trying to figure out if it was a reflection or something else. Moving around a little to see what this image would do until he eventually...put his left hand on image (for a second it looked like he was going to use right hand) as he pushed on the image, he wondered how much effort it would take to go right threw the image. 

Germ’s reflection follows suit and mirrors him pushing against the door.

13 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

"That's not a portal is it?" Ezeran says with hesitation. 

I don't know, it could just be shinny door. 

12 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Germ’s reflection follows suit and mirrors him pushing against the door.

Tries pushing at couple other spots and at the same time looks for a button, latch or anything else that might do something. And then eventually just knocked on the "image" to see if any sort of echoing. 

37 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

I don't know, it could just be shinny door. 

Tries pushing at couple other spots and at the same time looks for a button, latch or anything else that might do something. And then eventually just knocked on the "image" to see if any sort of echoing. 

The reflection follows all of Germ's movements, pushing in the same spots as he does. The rogue manages to find some recessed hinges that reveal the door can swing inward or outward. Germ knocks on the door as his reflection does the same, there is no echo.

47 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The reflection follows all of Germ's movements, pushing in the same spots as he does. The rogue manages to find some recessed hinges that reveal the door can swing inward or outward. Germ knocks on the door as his reflection does the same, there is no echo.

Spotting the hinges and unable to push the door open. Grabs the door and tries to open the door outward. 

Boomingham returns to the gardens, disappointed in the front of the house. He quickly perks up upon seeing the Demon Germ messing around with a secret door. "Hm. Okay." Getting closer he looks at the hinges and watches curiously as the Demon Germ swings the door open.

3 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Spotting the hinges and unable to push the door open. Grabs the door and tries to open the door outward. 

Germ's reflection grabs the door and tries to open the door inward.

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Germ's reflection grabs the door and tries to open the door inward.

What sort of dumb magic is this? I push inward, he pushes outward. I pull outwards, he pulls inward. If I run way he will do the same. If I...that is when Germ just turned around and leaned back on the image. That is when Germ's back reminded him is was still sore, as he maded an audible noise.