Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return - Hovels

Torald takes a look, sneakily, at the dogs. Are they in any way, shape or form familiar? 

Not to sure what to do, so taking out his shovel and makes it look like he is shoveling the snow off the walk way. Thinking to himself: Let the others try to figure this out. I might get lucky and find something. 

18 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald takes a look, sneakily, at the dogs. Are they in any way, shape or form familiar? 

Torald doesn't recognize any of the dogs, however he notes the center hound wears a collar studded with amethysts.

18 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Not to sure what to do, so taking out his shovel and makes it look like he is shoveling the snow off the walk way. Thinking to himself: Let the others try to figure this out. I might get lucky and find something. 

Germ's shovel hits a thick white root growing underneath the surface of the dirt.

Torald decides he wants to know more about that collar. Who would put such an expensive collar on a dog? He walks to the owner of the dog and introduces himself, not giving his real name just in case the person knows about the current state of the Heroes and Heroica. Hello, my name is Alfadas. You might not know me, but I am quite interested in why you would put such an expensive collar on that dog? He asks in the most innocent, friendly manner possible for an over two meter tall, burly dude. 

Eric looks around to see if if there's anything of interest to spot at the park. The Nord kicked up some snow, which reminded him of home. He really did like the cold. Noticing the aristocratic ladies walking their dogs, Eric decides to walk up to the sour looking blonde with the spotted dog.

"Any way I can help to turn that frown upside down, miss?"

Boomingham glances over at Germ. “What’ve you got there?” He walks over, signalling for Ezeran and Elpheba to join him. “This is sort of your bag. This look magic?”

2 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham glances over at Germ. “What’ve you got there?” He walks over, signalling for Ezeran and Elpheba to join him. “This is sort of your bag. This look magic?”

Some white rootAs he double checks to make sure it is not just covered in snow. He then checks around for a white plant. Their is not a birch tree around here somewhere? 

On 3/7/2018 at 3:13 AM, Alfadas said:

Torald decides he wants to know more about that collar. Who would put such an expensive collar on a dog? He walks to the owner of the dog and introduces himself, not giving his real name just in case the person knows about the current state of the Heroes and Heroica. Hello, my name is Alfadas. You might not know me, but I am quite interested in why you would put such an expensive collar on that dog? He asks in the most innocent, friendly manner possible for an over two meter tall, burly dude. 

40028226404_b2b85cbe2d_t.jpg
"Only the best for my cupcake! Am I supposed to let him languish unadorned?"

On 3/7/2018 at 3:02 PM, Khorne said:

Eric looks around to see if if there's anything of interest to spot at the park. The Nord kicked up some snow, which reminded him of home. He really did like the cold. Noticing the aristocratic ladies walking their dogs, Eric decides to walk up to the sour looking blonde with the spotted dog.

"Any way I can help to turn that frown upside down, miss?"

The woman turns, blushing slightly.

"My, aren't you... imposing. I remember when they kept such characters as yourself out of this garden. Are you here on some sort of business?"

On 3/7/2018 at 3:03 PM, Zepher said:

25404690297_36491a070f_t.jpg
"It's a plant root, looks somewhat like what we pulled up in the Lost Forest."

On 3/7/2018 at 5:12 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Some white rootAs he double checks to make sure it is not just covered in snow. He then checks around for a white plant. Their is not a birch tree around here somewhere? 

Germ does not find any large white plants in the Garden.

On 3/5/2018 at 10:39 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

26769835838_8d218e559b_o.jpg
"Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! Well look who it is!"

I hate to ask such stupid questions, but is this Phoebe? I can't remember how she looked, there's no picture on the wiki, and Sandy's pictures aren't working. :sad:

6 hours ago, Palathadric said:

I hate to ask such stupid questions, but is this Phoebe? I can't remember how she looked, there's no picture on the wiki, and Sandy's pictures aren't working. :sad:

QM Note: The one in pink is Annabelle the one in green is Phoebe. Wiki. :wink:

Taking his hat off and nodding to the ladies Ezeran excuses himself and starts to extend the dig around the white roots. He uses his emerald  to try and channel ether to get more information on the white roots. He was suspecting some kind of infestation.

Edited by MysticModulus

9 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

noble woman
"Only the best for my cupcake! Am I supposed to let him languish unadorned?"

Not at all. I was just curious, is all. 

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

QM Note: The one in pink is Annabelle the one in green is Phoebe. Wiki. :wink:

:facepalm:I checked the wiki, but only looked under Day of the Triffid and there were no pictures there. So sorry!

Noticing Ezeran being busy, I approach Annabelle.

"Hi, Annabelle! How are you doing? I hope Waldorf is alright? Is he here too?"

Torald signals Ezeran. He walks away from the group. Something is not right with that dog. He whispers.

10 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald signals Ezeran. He walks away from the group. Something is not right with that dog. He whispers.

Temporarily cleaning his hand from dirt Ezeran listens to Torald. "It is ill? Rabies afflicts not only stray dogs..."

Trying to figure out where the "white plant's" center was first by looking then grabbing his Magic Compass. 

Where is this "plant" compass? 

On 3/8/2018 at 2:24 AM, MysticModulus said:

Taking his hat off and nodding to the ladies Ezeran excuses himself and starts to extend the dig around the white roots. He uses his emerald  to try and channel ether to get more information on the white roots. He was suspecting some kind of infestation.

Ezeran finds his magic strangely resisted by the plant which offers no details about it's origin.

"Well, anything?"

On 3/8/2018 at 6:51 AM, Palathadric said:

:facepalm:I checked the wiki, but only looked under Day of the Triffid and there were no pictures there. So sorry!

Noticing Ezeran being busy, I approach Annabelle.

"Hi, Annabelle! How are you doing? I hope Waldorf is alright? Is he here too?"

"I was doing just fine, until your wizard friend just completely ignored me. Hmmph... Oh Wally? Oh funny you should mention that, he was supposed to meet me here 45 minutes ago, but I haven't see head nor tail of him. Imagine him, just blowing me off like that. Must be a wizard trait."

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Trying to figure out where the "white plant's" center was first by looking then grabbing his Magic Compass. 

Where is this "plant" compass? 

The magic compass continues to spin lazily as Germ starts digging holes throughout the park. Everywhere the black knight digs he eventually finds more of the white rotten smelling roots.

38770468344_4235a941eb_t.jpg
"What are you looking for?'

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Ezeran finds his magic strangely resisted by the plant which offers no details about it's origin.

"Well, anything?"

Ezeran looks up from his hole. "These roots are not ordinary roots, they are putting up some kind of resistance towards my wood magic, thus supporting my thesis that this is indeed an infestation of some kind. Let me test some other aspects of magic." The sorcerer put forward all of his gems and tried testing the roots using first his ruby then his diamond, sapphire and amethyst trying to see if the roots was more attracted to any of it.

8 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Everywhere the black knight digs he eventually finds more of the white rotten smelling roots.

38770468344_4235a941eb_t.jpg
"What are you looking for?'

Did you not see the white roots? They seem to be everywhere. I was trying to find the center of the plant. It could be another plant like the one from the creepy forest. 

Hhmmm, Hey maybe I could find it with this. Taking out his Telescope and checks out the area. Mostly looking for the plant or anything else of interest. 

3 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran looks up from his hole. "These roots are not ordinary roots, they are putting up some kind of resistance towards my wood magic, thus supporting my thesis that this is indeed an infestation of some kind. Let me test some other aspects of magic." The sorcerer put forward all of his gems and tried testing the roots using first his ruby then his diamond, sapphire and amethyst trying to see if the roots was more attracted to any of it.

While you are at it, you see what happens if gets cold

OoC:

Since I just now noticed this in my inventory. What does the 

candle do? (Besides light up the area.)

10 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I was doing just fine, until your wizard friend just completely ignored me. Hmmph... Oh Wally? Oh funny you should mention that, he was supposed to meet me here 45 minutes ago, but I haven't see head nor tail of him. Imagine him, just blowing me off like that. Must be a wizard trait."

"Oh, Ezeran? I'm sorry, his mind is so preoccupied. There seems to be something very strange afoot. They discovered some sort of odd roots growing under this whole place. And we fear that it may not be very good. Waldorf is late? Is that like him? If not..."

On 8-3-2018 at 12:12 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

noble woman
"My, aren't you... imposing. I remember when they kept such characters as yourself out of this garden. Are you here on some sort of business?"

"Dare I say the gardens have only improved now that they let characters such as myself in. I was just catching a fresh nose. Enjoy the view, " Eric said as his eyes locked with those of the noble woman for a brief moment. He shifted his attention to the dog. "What a lovely pooch you got there!", he complimented her dog, while in fact he rather detested the animals. "Do you walk it here often in the gardens?"

Boomingham glances at the vines that Germ exposed. “Well clearly we have something invasive here. Just need to figure out when it’s sprouted above ground. Do we think we should head deeper into the Gardens?”

19 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezezan expends 8 more ether trying to determine  the nature of the roots. After bringing out his diamond he notes the plant seem to withdraw a little from its faint light. His ruby manages to make the roots smoke a inky black smoke as black sap pours out from the roots trying to smother the flames.

16 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Did you not see the white roots? They seem to be everywhere. I was trying to find the center of the plant. It could be another plant like the one from the creepy forest. 

Hhmmm, Hey maybe I could find it with this. Taking out his Telescope and checks out the area. Mostly looking for the plant or anything else of interest. 

While you are at it, you see what happens if gets cold

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

Since I just now noticed this in my inventory. What does the 

candle do? (Besides light up the area.)

Surveying the area Germ notes again nothing from his vantage point but the gardens are large. Near the Prissim Avenue entrance, Germ spots a map of the gardens.

39843175105_a02c967896_z.jpg

14 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Oh, Ezeran? I'm sorry, his mind is so preoccupied. There seems to be something very strange afoot. They discovered some sort of odd roots growing under this whole place. And we fear that it may not be very good. Waldorf is late? Is that like him? If not..."

"He's never been late since we..." The young noblewoman flashes an engagement ring on her finger.

9 hours ago, Khorne said:

"Dare I say the gardens have only improved now that they let characters such as myself in. I was just catching a fresh nose. Enjoy the view, " Eric said as his eyes locked with those of the noble woman for a brief moment. He shifted his attention to the dog. "What a lovely pooch you got there!", he complimented her dog, while in fact he rather detested the animals. "Do you walk it here often in the gardens?"

"You think very highly of yourself don't you? Do you think I should be telling strange men in a park my daily routine?" The woman makes ready to leave, "Come on Yenji."

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"He's never been late since we..." The young noblewoman flashes an engagement ring on her finger.

"Oh...congratulations!" I say, albeit with a slightly worried expression on my face. I look around to see if Germ is somewhere close.

I lean forward and whisper, "Has he mentioned anything about the return of the Founders? I hope the Town Watch hasn't been giving him problems."

On 3/9/2018 at 7:51 AM, MysticModulus said:

Temporarily cleaning his hand from dirt Ezeran listens to Torald. "It is ill? Rabies afflicts not only stray dogs..."

I don't think it's ill. I'm going to do something bold, and perhaps stupid but maybe that will explain stuff. 

Torald casually walks back to the Dalmatian, and with one swift motion removes the collar from the dog. 

I wasn't home yesterday so couldn't really do much here. sorry.