Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return - Hovels

2 hours ago, Palathadric said:

I look back and forth, overwhelmed by all that is going on.

"Is there any history about where each of Heroica's original veterans is said to have died?"

25404690297_36491a070f_t.jpg
"Doesn't your hall have a library?"

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

"Don't know if we need the book - would much rather leave it with you, Elpheba, then take it back to Eubric, especially if things are looking bad there. Do we need it for anything?" Boomingham glances over his shoulder. "Regardless, it seems we're backtracking instead of moving forward. We need to figure out what the Hels was summoned and figure out where it ended up and if it has the Oracle with it or not. Are we ready to go back to Eubric? Ezeran, want to give me a hand with carrying Torald?"

"I'd..."

As if on cue, Torald gasps and returns to consciousness.

38465719930_168eac110b_t.jpg
"Awww. And I thought he would have made such a lovely door stop."

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Doesn't your hall have a library?"

I blush.

"I guess I spent more time with a sword in my hand than reading books."

11 hours ago, Zepher said:

"Don't know if we need the book - would much rather leave it with you, Elpheba, then take it back to Eubric, especially if things are looking bad there. Do we need it for anything?" Boomingham glances over his shoulder. "Regardless, it seems we're backtracking instead of moving forward. We need to figure out what the Hels was summoned and figure out where it ended up and if it has the Oracle with it or not. Are we ready to go back to Eubric? Ezeran, want to give me a hand with carrying Torald?"

Ezeran nods solemnly and lifts one end of the big battle mage. "I'm glad your'e not in chainmail anymore buddy..."

Torald gasps and sits up. He sees the others trying to lift him up. What are you doing? I can walk perfectly fine myself. Torald stands up fully, gains his balance and is good to go. What happened? How long was I out for? It felt like a second or an eternity to me. 

Tears spring to my eyes as I rush forward and give Torald a big hug, stammering over my words.

"You're alive! You're alive! I thought...for a moment I thought..but you're alive."

2 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Tears spring to my eyes as I rush forward and give Torald a big hug, stammering over my words.

"You're alive! You're alive! I thought...for a moment I thought..but you're alive."

Now now, no need to get so emotional over me, Torald says awkwardly, answering the hug. I just passed out for a bit. 

Looking both worried and sceptical Ezeran pats Toralds back. "Are you sure you are okay?" Ezeran looks deep into Toralds eyes to search for any trace of demonic activity. 

12 minutes ago, MysticModulus said:

Looking both worried and sceptical Ezeran pats Toralds back. "Are you sure you are okay?" Ezeran looks deep into Toralds eyes to search for any trace of demonic activity. 

Yeah man, everything is a-okay. Honestly, I don't know what happened but I feel a lot better. 

28 minutes ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran does not see any evidence of possession.

Boomingham allows the others to investigate Torald - he didnt know the Nord well enough to know if something was seriously amiss.

“Well, welcome back, kid. Now lets head back and see what the Hels we missed. Greenie, whats the best recourse for the book? It seems foolish to just leave it here. Is it your reaponaibility, or ours, and if it’s ours could you advise us how to carry it without going to dreamland?”

4 hours ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham allows the others to investigate Torald - he didnt know the Nord well enough to know if something was seriously amiss.

“Well, welcome back, kid. Now lets head back and see what the Hels we missed. Greenie, whats the best recourse for the book? It seems foolish to just leave it here. Is it your reaponaibility, or ours, and if it’s ours could you advise us how to carry it without going to dreamland?”

"I'd like to take it back with me to Ozmath, it's existence here raises many questions. The trick is to avoid direct contact, the witch pulls out a cloak intending to wrap the book up."

Uhm, I'd like to take care of the book for a bit longer, if you don't mind. Don't know why but it seems important to me. I'll gladly hand it over to you after a while but for now please let me study it a bit more. 

3 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Uhm, I'd like to take care of the book for a bit longer, if you don't mind. Don't know why but it seems important to me. I'll gladly hand it over to you after a while but for now please let me study it a bit more. 

"What? Are you...um...?" It seems impolite to finish the sentence.

4 hours ago, Alfadas said:

"Sure, just don't touch it!" 

5 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald goes to pick up the book, this time however he does not faint and is able to handle it normally.

"What the s..."

"Well! There's no way I'm letting that book just wander the world willy-nilly, so that settles it. I'm going with you all."

Petaldan looks on, not sure if he's like the idea of Torald handling the dangerous book, or the idea of the witch tagging with them, but either sounds better than the idea of the witch going off with the dangerous book, so he shrugs, relenting.

10 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

Petaldan looks on, not sure if he's like the idea of Torald handling the dangerous book, or the idea of the witch tagging with them, but either sounds better than the idea of the witch going off with the dangerous book, so he shrugs, relenting.

"Do you doubt me young knight? I've been traipsing this world long before you were even born."

As if my thoughts had been read, I look up, astonished.

"Oh...um...forgive me, my...um...lady. I imagine you speak rightly, but still...I do not know you. Though, it seems others with us do..." I trail off pitifully.

52 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

As if my thoughts had been read, I look up, astonished.

"Oh...um...forgive me, my...um...lady. I imagine you speak rightly, but still...I do not know you. Though, it seems others with us do..." I trail off pitifully.

"Not know Elphaba of the Green? Were you born to a bugbear, boy?"

"Stay your tongue Rodrick, I have been absent from Eubric for some time, it does not surprise me Heroica has had its fair share of growth." The witch bows to Petaldan, "I am Elphaba of Ozmath, at one time I peddled some of my wares in Eubric, I retired however upon the arrival of the Mindflayer they called Baba. She is an eatress of my people and not one I relished meeting in the flesh. Heroes from your organization have always been faithful patrons of my shop and there are some in Eubric who still hold a special place in my heart."

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Torald goes to pick up the book, this time however he does not faint and is able to handle it normally.

"Well! There's no way I'm letting that book just wander the world willy-nilly, so that settles it. I'm going with you all."

As the book still seems to be calling Germ. Torald just grabs it without any problems this time and the only thought going through his mind. "Oh, come on. He can just grab it now. I got to get my hands on that thing. It can be really use to me long term." 

More thought come to Germ's mind. As the witch declares her intentions. "Now another one joins the band of losers. I need to get out of this place before something worse than death happens to me." 

"Oh, well...in that case...I guess we'd be happy to have you with us. That is, if our party leader agrees..."

Boomingham scowls as a faint feeling of distrust tugs at him, unsure if its aimed at the witch or the Nord who can carry the cursed book with ease.

Back to Eubric,” he declares.

15 minutes ago, Zepher said:

Boomingham scowls as a faint feeling of distrust tugs at him, unsure if its aimed at the witch or the Nord who can carry the cursed book with ease.

Back to Eubric,” he declares.

Elphaba joins the Party!

The heroes make their way through the woods without any difficulty, finding themselves quickly back at the portal to the Oracle's Shrine. In an instant they are transported back to Eubric and the chaotic shrine they had left behind. Where would they head next?

40368159132_afa9a96ea2_z.jpg

Sneaking through Eubric
In order to make it through Eubric undetected a d6 stealth check will be rolled a number of times equal to the number of party members. If half the rolls are above a 3, the party moves without being noticed, if not they will encounter some resistance. The roll can be modified by the following:

• Player starting class was rogue or ranger +1 Stealth
  • Player's current advanced class is rogue or ranger based +1 Stealth
  • Spells such as Scroll of Disguise is used +1 Stealth
  • Backwear such as cloaks equipped +1 Stealth
  • Torsowear such as armor equipped -1 Stealth
  • Shields equipped -1 Stealth
  • Moving from one side of the city to the other -1 Stealth
  • QM Approved Modifiers +1/-1 Stealth

On 22-2-2018 at 2:05 PM, Palathadric said:

"Yep, I've seen enough hugs for the day."

On 22-2-2018 at 10:09 PM, Alfadas said:

Yeah man, everything is a-okay. Honestly, I don't know what happened but I feel a lot better. 

"So you don't remember anything? At all?", Eric asked, curious to know what exactly had transpired.

Eric looks around to see if there is anything possibly pointing the heroes in the direction the demon had fled.

OOC: Question: WBD, would Eric's Boots of Evasion count as a QM Approved Modifier? Since they make him more fleet of foot :sweet: .

Petaldan de-equips his shield.

Stealth:

+1: Cloak of Innocence

-1: Armour of Dark Arts

Unless I'm mistaken, Petaldan should not have the Gloves equipped, as I believe he can only equip two artifacts.