Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return - Hovels

"Ooooh, a dark and brooding forest. How quaint!"

Eric marched closer to the portal, but before entering, he turned to Ezeran and Petaldan. "If you do plan on making a short stop at the Marketplace first, be sure to buy as much as you can. We're probably going to need it. Maybe we can split costs later. Or not, whatever really."

Placing his index and ring finger at his temple, Eric saluted the two remaining heroes with a swiping theatrical gesture. "Hejdå barn!", the Nord bade farewell with a familiar cheeky smile and stepped through the portal.

On 1/24/2018 at 7:20 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

Boomingham spots a small broom closet off of the antechamber filled with more candles and incense. The only other door stands at the end of the antechamber leading to the atrium.

Coming back from the marketplace, wondering if the portal was still active and everyone has gone through already. But for the first time noticed the broom closet and decided to look through it quickly. Before going to check the atrium. 

Having made his purchases, Petaldan steps through the portal with the others.

Weird, somehow I didn't post this.

14 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Coming back from the marketplace, wondering if the portal was still active and everyone has gone through already. But for the first time noticed the broom closet and decided to look through it quickly. Before going to check the atrium. 

Germ spots the same extra temple supplies that Boomingham had found earlier.

The group passes through the portal, a faint tingling in their bones as they cross the threshold. The expanse of darkened woods surround the party, the forest stretching out completely silent. Scattered humanoid tracks fill the space around the portal.

Forrest.jpg

38770468344_4235a941eb_t.jpg
"Where are we?"

feeling the temperature drop, Torald shivers. He looks behind him to see if the portal is still there or if they are stranded here. 

12 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Germ spots the same extra temple supplies that Boomingham had found earlier.

Grabbing a couple of Candles from the Closet, thinking might need them. Before Germ goes through the portal. 

Stepping through the portal a shiver runs down Ezerans spine. Taking in the view he just stands immobile taking in the view. "This is nothing like any demonic realm I've ever seen, everything seems so... Smooth?"

7 hours ago, Alfadas said:

feeling the temperature drop, Torald shivers. He looks behind him to see if the portal is still there or if they are stranded here. 

The portal remains as each party member steps through.

6 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Grabbing a couple of Candles from the Closet, thinking might need them. Before Germ goes through the portal. 

Germ steps through the dimensional rift into the woods. The demon has the sense that he had been in this forest before.

15 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Germ steps through the dimensional rift into the woods. The demon has the sense that he had been in this forest before.

Basically talking to himself not sure if any of it is out loud or in his head. No, no, no, not here again. The place that started my journey in Heroica, could be the place that ends my career with Heroica. This place might be my first "red flag", that tells me I shouldn't of joined Heroica. Their is other "red flags" but this might be the worse one...Come to think about it I had that weird "dream" (with the dragons)  back then. Was I "sick" back then, how long has this "stuff" been going on? 

On 2/11/2018 at 4:17 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

Forrest.jpg

"Where are we?"

It looks like Dastan. The Dark Forest or Lost Woods...you know what I don't remember what it was called again. If it is the same place I am thinking, and their are clues to suggest it is. Their are more of those "Druid Zombies" around and their master Rosier the "Arcing Demon"...Was "she" after the Fay One? That would explain why "she" took this "Oracle". Thinking the "Oracle" would be able to get into the Fay One's Realm. 

22 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Stepping through the portal a shiver runs down Ezerans spine. Taking in the view he just stands immobile taking in the view. "This is nothing like any demonic realm I've ever seen, everything seems so... Smooth?"

A piece of advice, don't go off on your own. You might draw "her" out...Maybe you should, I don't think I will be able to do it, even if I wanted to draw "her" out. 

"What do we do? Just wander around?"

Sorry, guys. The pictures aren't loading for me, in case I missed something therein.

2 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"I, I don't know! I guess we should try and track down the Oracle somehow?"

3 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Sorry, guys. The pictures aren't loading for me, in case I missed something therein.

It's a spooky forest, is all. 

Well, we could try to make sense out of these tracks scattered around everywhere. Maybe one set of these footprints belongs to the Oracle? Torald says, studying the tracks, hoping to get some sort of information out of it.

13 hours ago, Alfadas said:

It's a spooky forest, is all. 

Well, we could try to make sense out of these tracks scattered around everywhere. Maybe one set of these footprints belongs to the Oracle? Torald says, studying the tracks, hoping to get some sort of information out of it.

The tracks seem to be from multiple creatures and something large seems to have been dragged from the forest through the portal. The tracks lead further into the woods down a path of broken undergrowth and brush.

OOC: Sorry for being inactive. I caught a serious case of the flu, which kind of knocked me out. I’m better now though and I’ll be more active again from now on :classic:  

"Dastan?" ponders Boomingham. "That's a far way from home." He runs his hand over some of the disturbed brush. "Looks like we'll have to go further still. Look alive, and someone leave us a trail of breadcrumbs or what not." Boomingham follows the tracks.

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The tracks seem to be from multiple creatures and something large seems to have been dragged from the forest through the portal. The tracks lead further into the woods down a path of broken undergrowth and brush.

Ezeran looks at the tracks. "Ehm, do you think that something else besides those fungi-monsters we fought made it through the portal the other way? If so there could be real trouble..."

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

"Dastan?" ponders Boomingham. "That's a far way from home." He runs his hand over some of the disturbed brush. "Looks like we'll have to go further still. Look alive, and someone leave us a trail of breadcrumbs or what not." Boomingham follows the tracks.

"We can probably do that..." The symbionts saliva starts dripping at regular intervals leaving charred marks on the ground. Ezeran starts following Boomingham.

Edited by MysticModulus

On 2/11/2018 at 4:17 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

Forrest.jpg

"Where are we?"

5 hours ago, Zepher said:

Actually, now that I think about it. It could be one of the wooded areas near the city. I believe the one to the south east side (of the city). I had a mission to protect a fellow called "Bookeater". We (the team) ended up going into the woods to get a "cure" Mr. Bookeater was trying to make. We ended up stopping a crazy "plant lady" and a couple of "Red Assassins". And then my next mission, the meeting place was next to the very same woods, before we ended up going to Spesialia. But, something tells me it is not that woods. It seems like the one in Dastan. 

As he follows the others down the path. 

4 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran looks at the tracks. "Ehm, do you think that something else besides those fungi-monsters we fought made it through the portal the other way? If so there could be real trouble..."

Their was that big hole back at the Temple. So it wouldn't surprise me if their was something else. 

On 13-2-2018 at 9:48 AM, samurai-turtle said:

Basically talking to himself not sure if any of it is out loud or in his head. No, no, no, not here again. The place that started my journey in Heroica, could be the place that ends my career with Heroica. This place might be my first "red flag", that tells me I shouldn't of joined Heroica. Their is other "red flags" but this might be the worse one...Come to think about it I had that weird "dream" (with the dragons)  back then. Was I "sick" back then, how long has this "stuff" been going on? 

It looks like Dastan. The Dark Forest or Lost Woods...you know what I don't remember what it was called again. If it is the same place I am thinking, and their are clues to suggest it is. Their are more of those "Druid Zombies" around and their master Rosier the "Arcing Demon"...Was "she" after the Fay One? That would explain why "she" took this "Oracle". Thinking the "Oracle" would be able to get into the Fay One's Realm. 

A piece of advice, don't go off on your own. You might draw "her" out...Maybe you should, I don't think I will be able to do it, even if I wanted to draw "her" out. 

Eric looked around and took in as much as possible from the dark forest. In the background he heard Germ talk.

"The Fay One, eh? You think the Oracle might've come here looking for the Fay One? If I recall my limited Heroica history, the Fay One was a Veteran as well, no?"

The Nord followed the trails, with the rest of the party. He walked up to Torald. "I haven't seen you around the Hall. Then again, I haven't really spent a lot of time there lately, so I barely recognize any of you guys. Where are you from? You don't look like a Eubric or Uland native"

3 minutes ago, Khorne said:

The Nord followed the trails, with the rest of the party. He walked up to Torald. "I haven't seen you around the Hall. Then again, I haven't really spent a lot of time there lately, so I barely recognize any of you guys. Where are you from? You don't look like a Eubric or Uland native"

You are right. Not from around here. I was once part of a tribe, in the far north. Pretty cold up there, which explains the lack of clothing I suppose. Torald gestures at his, admittedly, quite impressive muscles, which are out for everyone to see. You know, it's just so warm around here, even now, in the winter. But where are you from? You said it yourself, you haven't been in the Hall much, where have you been?

While following the tracks, I look more closely at just how "large" this thing that was dragged towards the portal seems to have been. The size of a dragon perhaps?

"This 'Fey One'...if he/she was a veteran, he/she must be in the city with the others...or?"

21 hours ago, Palathadric said:

While following the tracks, I look more closely at just how "large" this thing that was dragged towards the portal seems to have been. The size of a dragon perhaps?

"This 'Fey One'...if he/she was a veteran, he/she must be in the city with the others...or?"

Petaldan estimates the object must have been the size of a small boulder or cart.

On 2/13/2018 at 11:54 PM, Zepher said:

As the party moves forward the tracks wind their way through the silent forest. At last the group comes upon a small clearing of marshy ground. Scattered about the tiny grove is a great number of winged corpses, up ahead a cloaked figure unaware of the heroes stands next to the remnants of a giant budding plant.

38465719010_cc73882db8_z.jpg

Boomingham now tries more desperately to recall if he's ever been to Dastan. Save for short excursions to the North, Strivvi, and Salamanda he barely recalls leaving Uland since he arrived. Still, the winged skeletons don't look good: either they'd been dead for a while, or worse, something has stripped them of their flesh quickly.

"Well everyone, looks like this chap might have a little something to do with our plants." Boomingham drinks a mead and a nostrum and draws Scupperer. "Don't turn it into a fight unless we have to." Boomingham walks into the clearing and clears his throat. "Howdy, there. You look lost. Need some directions?"