nerdsforprez

A Tribute to Lego Greebling

Hey Everyone -

Although I primarily build with Technic, I occasionally build in Sci-Fi genres.  I have been a fan in all things greebling for a long time, and thought I would give my own personal tribute.

1516550402m_DISPLAY.jpg

Abstract in nature, not a ship, Hangar, or anything functional, only meant to showcase all things greeblie.  Large project, at an estimated 8,000 pieces. Fully modular, based on cubes 12x12x12 (studs)

to create a structure that folds on itself.

15165509421_DISPLAY.jpg

Complete with PF lights:

15165505101_DISPLAY.jpg

And many, wonderful, greeblie yummies:

15165508181_DISPLAY.jpg

15165508182_DISPLAY.jpg

15165508193_DISPLAY.jpg

Check out my Mocpages (signature block) for more info and pictures.

Check out my Flickr account for higher resolution pictures. 

Edited by nerdsforprez

Very cool. Looks like a mysterious alien device. The greebling is indeed remarkable - a real celebration of details! The photography is excellent as well: nice play with shadows and angles!:classic:

That looks really nice. :thumbup::thumbup:

The blue light really works in your build and gives a nice contrast with the DBG en LBG.

15 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Very cool. Looks like a mysterious alien device. The greebling is indeed remarkable - a real celebration of details! The photography is excellent as well: nice play with shadows and angles!:classic:

Agreed.  In fact, I am tempted to use the build as almost like a mother ship/base with a bunch of little builds surrounding it.  Use this build as like background to mini builds or something. 

12 hours ago, Orange Leader said:

Some very nice greebling there, the lights make it stand out even more so!

8 hours ago, sander1992 said:

That looks really nice. :thumbup::thumbup:

The blue light really works in your build and gives a nice contrast with the DBG en LBG.

Lights have always been a big part of my MOCing.  Not sure why really.  I find it really relaxing adding lights to several official sets and my own MOCs.  Thanks for the comments. 

A superb representation of all things greebly!  Visually pleasing to look at; it could really be part of anything, but for me I envision it to be a side of a space station. :sweet:

The lighting, black background, and added music to the video are very well done!  Thank you for sharing this. 

On 1/25/2018 at 10:49 AM, Lady K said:

A superb representation of all things greebly!  Visually pleasing to look at; it could really be part of anything, but for me I envision it to be a side of a space station. :sweet:

The lighting, black background, and added music to the video are very well done!  Thank you for sharing this. 

Thxs for the kind comments.  Being abstract in nature, I am enjoying the comments from others' in terms of their individual interpretations of the build. 

I am heard several interpretations..... still waiting for someone to throw it in the camp of something like a Borg Cube - almost like a infinite Borg Cube that folds on itself.  One does not have to reach far to see such how such an interpretation applies to all things space (and time) :wink: