Here's my entry model for the TC13 competition:

800x460.jpg

It was inspired by the real life Tesla roadster 2 both aesthetically and mechanically.

The model uses 3 pullback motors in the following configuration:

800x422.jpg

As you can see the rear two pullback motors power the wheel directly for best possible acceleration. BUT the front pullback motor is geared up.

This additonal gearing gives the model a higher top speed and a greater range, which is a technique I have yet to see on any other pullback cars.

Around 30 panels were used to give the car it's very smooth, organic shape. Notice the small yellow rubber band used to keep the front part tightly together:

800x520.jpg

There is enough room in the back of the cabin to fit two or three small human beings:

800x536.jpg

The rear boasts a difusor and a small spoiler in the back, just like the real thing:

800x513.jpg

While this is one of my smalles models to date, I am very pleased with how it turned out.

The shapes are very smooth and organic and the fact the car drives mere milimeters above ground, give it a very sporty feeling.

Video coming as soon as I find enough space to run it :laugh:

I really like the shape of it :thumbup: 

Perhaps only orange and black bodywork would be better...

I actually like that orange - blue contrast.

The mixed gearing on pullback motors is a very interesting idea - essentially its like having a two speed gearbox, but simpler and more effective than actual gearbox!

Not bad, the shaping is excellent, and the mechanics should work well... But the color scheme needs a little tweaking, IMHO. Maybe if the blue stripe went all the way along the car from front to back, instead of just the door area, it would look a bit nicer and more coordinated.

Interesting drivetrain, although not fan of the bodywork, was expecting something like your Junebug from the title :sad:

Here is the video of the model.

Sadly I could't find enough room to see it's maximum range, the car covered a distance of 7,5 meters in around 3 seconds, giving it an average speed of 2,5m/s or 9km/h.

I think it's safe to say top speed exceeded 10km/h, which in my opinion is quite a lot for a car this small.