Sign in to follow this  
Niku

Safe Haven Cat A2 - Ardholen Athrad

It is said that the Arfelans not only dwell on the plains but also in unknown locations of Historica.
These last havens, a secrecy, from wich very few enter and exit.
It is in these places that the hopes of its people will endure or fall.

dsc07623.jpg

Edited by Niku

Wow that is huge! and very detailed as well! I really like the main bridge. But is there a reason why technic bricks are exposed on the rock wall?

Huge indeed! I do have the same question as Keviny, about the technic bricks...

Furthermore, I absolutely love the bridge, and the general lay-out (without base, but with lots of blue 1x1 rounds)! :thumbup: And of course, orange trees always look good :wink: 

Nicely done, mate!  Very impressive and large, the bridges are excellent, but my favorite part is probably the tower in the middle.  In fact, all three tower/buildings work very well together with their different shapes and sizes! :thumbup:

Massive haven that certainly looks like a formidable fortress to try and capture! Having multiple buildings connected by bridges gives a lovely layout :thumbup:
Very pretty detailing on the top of the tallest tower :wub: Excellent trees too, and the goblin under the bridge is a fun hidden touch :classic:

Lovely castle!

Great mix of masonry and clean parts for the wall, adding the foliage worked very well too

That is quite impressive in its scale! Wow! I love the towers and the bridges, and the trees with autumn foliage are great (although some of them, particularly the big one on the right in the main picture, seem a bit too bottom-heavy for the amount of foliage at the top). The architectural details on the pinnacle of the central tower are very nicely done. A great scene, indeed. 

On 21/1/2018 at 8:15 AM, KevinyWu said:

Wow that is huge! and very detailed as well! I really like the main bridge. But is there a reason why technic bricks are exposed on the rock wall?

Thanks Kevin! Well there is a "lore" reason as it was the places in the past they used to place the dead bodies of enemies hanging. :pir-skel:

On 21/1/2018 at 9:47 AM, TitusV said:

Huge indeed! I do have the same question as Keviny, about the technic bricks...

Furthermore, I absolutely love the bridge, and the general lay-out (without base, but with lots of blue 1x1 rounds)! :thumbup: And of course, orange trees always look good :wink: 

Thank you Titus, glad you liked it. The bridge passed on some built iterations phases. I agree with the color, orange trees have an eye appealing effect despite the moc they are find. :grin:

On 22/1/2018 at 4:58 AM, Garmadon said:

Nicely done, mate!  Very impressive and large, the bridges are excellent, but my favorite part is probably the tower in the middle.  In fact, all three tower/buildings work very well together with their different shapes and sizes! :thumbup:

Thank you Garmadon I feel better knowing the three builds have an armony on their own.
I am adding some pics that maybe show it a little bit nearer, sorry is not well aligned.
26962402_10208966009222350_6541957717404

26910285_10208966009502357_8876757617607

On 22/1/2018 at 8:26 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Massive haven that certainly looks like a formidable fortress to try and capture! Having multiple buildings connected by bridges gives a lovely layout :thumbup:
Very pretty detailing on the top of the tallest tower :wub: Excellent trees too, and the goblin under the bridge is a fun hidden touch :classic:

Thanks SK! coming from you means a lot!!:sweet:

On 23/1/2018 at 6:31 AM, Puvel said:

Lovely castle!

Great mix of masonry and clean parts for the wall, adding the foliage worked very well too

Thank you Puvel! great to read the grey pattern was somewhat broken. :classic:

On 25/1/2018 at 3:11 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

That is quite impressive in its scale! Wow! I love the towers and the bridges, and the trees with autumn foliage are great (although some of them, particularly the big one on the right in the main picture, seem a bit too bottom-heavy for the amount of foliage at the top). The architectural details on the pinnacle of the central tower are very nicely done. A great scene, indeed. 

Thank you Henjin, would take notice on the advice on the trees, here in Guatemala we dont have autumn at all (is known as country of eternal spring ) on the next ones built will be different :wink:

9 hours ago, Mike S said:

Nice build! My favorite part however are the trees! :thumbup:

Thank you Mike!! I tried some variations on the styles. :grin:

Wow Niky... this is huge... I like your style only think I would want is to have the whole base filled with blue plates to clearly seperate where is supposed to be water and where earth.

Nevertheless an amazing job you did there :wink:

A truly impressive size, great layout with the bridges and all!  The trees add a lot to the look of the MOC too!  Well done!

As others have said, that's quite a massive fortress! Great color choice with the dark bley, and the various vines and light bley accents help keep it from looking plain. :thumbup:
The trees were a wonderful addition as well :classic: