Finally I have an entry for TC13!

Since TC12 was such a pleasure and an unthought success (thank you all), it is again big fun to enter this EB contest.

I have bought  two PullBack sets - just for the parts - two years ago, and the motors were laying in a box since then. To enter this contest, I had to find out which abilities the PBs have.
Conclusion: it's heavy, has high speed but low torque, for a ridiculous short period of time, and stresses the parts around it a lot during wind up. But it's compact and doesn't need a BB.
The first three weeks were just testing. I tried gearings, two PBs, escapement, gearboxes and so on. Nothing really satisfied me, while I don't want to build a car, but also nothing stationary.

After at least fifteen revisions, this is where I ended up with:
Tc1300.jpeg
A Pull Back motor and a pile of parts ... good enough for a proof of concept.

Edited by MegaRoi

4 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Or do the legs move?

By what I can see, yes... Which should make for a very interesting pullback vehicle...

Thank you for your comments about my ... well, pile of parts. :sweet: It doesn't look like, but I was building for two weeks on it.

And  I have to apologize for being too excited, but I think I got the contest fever yesterday. It was late, when I opened this topic with almost nothing. I will show photos soon.

:blush:

The Tiger Pull Bug

Tc1301.jpeg

It is powered by a single PB and has the normal behavior, pull back and release.
The main mechanics can really walk on six legs. But only a few steps with one PB and almost none with two, while two of them were to heavy to be lifted by themselves.
To increase playability, I found a compromise where its rolling on wheels, but still touching the ground with the legs, creating an intimidating sound.
This solution also allows the additional weight of a shaped shell.

Tc1302.jpeg

I used isolation tape to create the stripes. The more I look at the pictures, the more I think I have to do them again ...

Tc1303.jpeg

It's builded modular, so it can be easily opened to have a look at the leg mechanics and the PB motor.

Tc1304.jpeg

To create the uniform leg movement in the video, I can change the rear axle against a PF driven one. The PB is still installed, so only forward is an option ...

Tc1305.jpeg

Tc1306.jpeg

I hope you like it.

3 hours ago, KikoTube said:

Wow, that's the winner for me! :thumbup:

Thank you Sir.

3 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

That looks great! I really like the PF motorization option.

Thank you too.

It's not really an option, the PF can only be attached for demonstration.

58 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Nice! Video soon?

Thank you very much!

I'm fighting with the video at the moment. Maybe a teaser ... :sceptic:

13 hours ago, MegaRoi said:

I'm fighting with the video at the moment.

What editor are you using? I've recently changed to VideoPad (free), and it's great! (even after the pro trial expires)

13 hours ago, MegaRoi said:

the PF can only be attached for demonstration.

Oh, yeah, I didn't see that before...

Edited by mocbuild101

7 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

What editor are you using? I've recently changed to VideoPad (free), and it's great! (even after the pro trial expires)

Oh, yeah, I didn't see that before...

I'm using Cute Cut on my iPad. It's not as precise as on a mouse based PC, but mine broke down a few months ago, and I have to be mobile at the moment. It works quite okay for me, but thanks for the hint.

I've never created a video snippet before TC12, so that's a general problem of mine. I'm using my mobile without a tripod and it's hard for me to catch some good scenes that look also good in a video and present what I want to show.

I think I can finish my entry video in the next two or three days. Meanwhile I have some more shots:

Tc1307.jpeg

Tc1308.jpeg

Tc1309.jpeg

Tc1310.jpeg

Tc1311.jpeg

And for those who like teasers (I don't), a really short video, that will give you a small view to the complete entry video.

Very original, I like it. I love how people are trying really hard to not build a car for this contest! :laugh:

10 hours ago, Nebulaire said:

Very nice entry :thumbup:

Thanks for the thumb, makes me smile :blush:

2 hours ago, Ludo Visser said:

Very original, I like it. I love how people are trying really hard to not build a car for this contest! :laugh:

Thank you too. 

You're right, I noticed that also. That's why EB contests are so great! I'm really waiting for all finished entries, there are beautiful creations.

1 hour ago, JonathanM said:

This turned out great! Very original. The stickers really add to it as well. Look forward to the final video :)

Thank you for your comment. I'm not absolutely happy about the stickers. Before I was using a foil, this time isolation tape, which doesn't adhere very well.

The video is almost done, just a few seconds are missing ... two more days ...

And I need better entry photos ...

Edited by MegaRoi
photo, not foto ...

Great entry! Nice to see a non-vehicle model. And excellently executed. :thumbup:

Are you sure the custom stickers are allowed?

Edited by Didumos69

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

Are the custom stickers allowed?

Yes... :wink:

On 12/22/2017 at 8:06 PM, Jim said:
  • Custom stickers are allowed.

Edited by mocbuild101

3 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Great entry! 

Thanks for that!

3 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

And excellently executed. :thumbup:

Wow, that's a really nice one! Getting this compliment from you makes me somewhat proud. Thank you.

On 21. Januar 2018 at 2:44 PM, Aventador2004 said:

Nice! Video soon?

Finally i finished my video! Now I'm missing only one last photo and I'm ready to enter ...

Edited by MegaRoi

Yippee! I'm done.

I've entered this contest much earlier than I thought. First I thought I couldn't make it in time, because of the holidays. But then, the deadline was extended, so there was enough time to get the things packed.

I have new photos for my entry:

tc13001.jpeg

tc13002.jpeg

tc13003.jpeg

And finally the video:

I hope you still like it. :wink:

Btw: did someone noticed, that the two black bionicle tooth are not black, but taped transparent ones?