Versteinert

[MOC] Historic truck

A friend of mine commented on a photo on facebook which was showing a Lego truck, that this would even be better if it had dual tires. This inspired me and I began building a truck around a dual tired axle. And this the result.

39104266324_accd1758cc_c.jpghistoric truck by Versteinert MOC, auf Flickr

25941566428_889b49b6a1_c.jpghistoric truck by Versteinert MOC, auf Flickr

25941562228_5b73092176_c.jpghistoric truck by Versteinert MOC, auf Flickr

39104264094_cbb566e8af_c.jpghistoric truck by Versteinert MOC, auf Flickr

Edit: I had to replace the pics by new ones. While cleaning up after cooking... no, after building the truck, I found a brick which actually should be built in the truck. It was then when I realized that there was a hole in the truck which could be seen on the pics. I tried to take the new photos with the same szene and the same angle of view but without the hole.

In another forum I was pointed to the fact that brown was the wrong colour for the bars on which the rear lights are held, so I changed them to light grey on the new photos.

Edited by Versteinert

This looks rather brilliant.:classic: Very nifty SNOT-detailing, combined with a proper, vintage-feel: the more I look at it, the more I discover. Really nice! :classic:

This is a clean sweet build!  Can you please post a pic of the undercarriage?

That's pretty neat. I don't think I realised those tyres fitted to see wheels so well!

I would love to see the undercarriage too; I'm interested in how you managed to make the front wheels steer. Great job overall! 

Yep, picture's fine.

Ah well, at least it looks cool. I guess you could place the wheels on 21445 1x2 with wheel holder if you wanted to pose them inline. Still, love the saucepans and sausages for detailing work. The representation of the crankshaft for the rear axle is pretty cool, especially given it's a detail you're hardly going to see. 

Great little truck, really clever techniques there. The back tires do indeed make that type of truck more believable, and the posed front wheels really sell the look. Great job!

I rarely comment cars, as I don't feel interested or it's out of my field of knowledge. Basicaly, if I like it, doesn't mean it's also realistic. In general, I find city vehicles too big, or odd sized. However, this truck really got me. I like the simple old style design and the color scheme. The windshield looks the right size, and the lifting back. Double tires are a nice detail too. Well done on all the SNOT work and parts used (sausages).