Sign in to follow this  
Niku

Safe Haven Cat A1 - Airalondë

Near the forests borders in the Arfelan Plains, there is an old elven haven, currently occupied by Lord Agleon.
It serves as the last homely house before entering the harsh voyage trough the dire sands of Kaliphlin.

dsc07751.jpg

I finally could take pictures of this one, with the help of a friend, really appreciate any criticism and comments on it. =)

Spoiler

dsc07781.jpg

dsc07767.jpg

dsc07760.jpg

Edited by Niku

I'm not really a fan of all the tan and dark bley around, but it's no big problem either, especially with the Kaliphlin border next door.

A very nice build, I also like the technic-trees! :thumbup:

To be honest the tan was the only colour for the cilinder 1x1 I had available, also thinking about the proximity with Kaliphlin hopefully it wont matter that much. :grin:

The tower design and the vegetation are awesome! Personally, though, I would've put the largest round tower forward a bit so it connects with the wall better, instead of having a gap.

The tan with dark bley does give a nice impression of Kaliphlin influence :thumbup: I like the little details of well, tree stump, and forestman sneaking up the tower.

Pretty cool trees too :classic:

Very nice! The Kali flavor comes through strongly here with the tan mixed in the dark grey. I think that the tan, especially in the straight wall, could be mixed in with a bit more subtlety, rather than being large 1x4 (or 1x6) blocks of tan in a grey wall. That is, I would try to use the 1x1 tan cones in the straight wall to try to maintain the texture throughout. I also think that the ground cover is a bit too...green. There are many green shades going on there, spread about about evenly, creating a lush but somewhat dissonant landscape. I do like the fig posing, the construction of the building itself (especially the big tower), and the overall layout, among other things, so good work!

On 21/1/2018 at 8:09 AM, KevinyWu said:

The tower design and the vegetation are awesome! Personally, though, I would've put the largest round tower forward a bit so it connects with the wall better, instead of having a gap.

Thanks a lot the trees where built out of necesity because I transported some other tree designs to a display on another location of the country and when they arrived lets say the trip didnt made them well. :grin:
You are correct about the gap, did not notice that when photos were taken had to went out and my friend also didnt noticed it apparently. :laugh:

On 22/1/2018 at 8:22 AM, soccerkid6 said:

The tan with dark bley does give a nice impression of Kaliphlin influence :thumbup: I like the little details of well, tree stump, and forestman sneaking up the tower.

Pretty cool trees too :classic:

Thank you SK, glad you noticed the sneaky forestman. :sweet:

On 25/1/2018 at 3:07 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Very nice! The Kali flavor comes through strongly here with the tan mixed in the dark grey. I think that the tan, especially in the straight wall, could be mixed in with a bit more subtlety, rather than being large 1x4 (or 1x6) blocks of tan in a grey wall. That is, I would try to use the 1x1 tan cones in the straight wall to try to maintain the texture throughout. I also think that the ground cover is a bit too...green. There are many green shades going on there, spread about about evenly, creating a lush but somewhat dissonant landscape. I do like the fig posing, the construction of the building itself (especially the big tower), and the overall layout, among other things, so good work!

Thank you Henjin I would take notice on using more little pieces so the effect difuminates on a better way.
Honestly about the vegetation would appreciate more advices if you can on private or here. :thumbup:

On 1/27/2018 at 7:15 PM, Niku said:

Honestly about the vegetation would appreciate more advices if you can on private or here.

I think that, as applies to this build, there are a few ways to improve the vegetation. One would be to clump similar plants together, especially the broad three-leaf plant; plants have a tendency to grow near others of the same variety, since the seeds probably land close by, or else they spread by the roots. Thus keeping them closer together in plant-families would be a good thing; but definitely avoid a regular distribution over a broad area, as that begins to look like a deliberate pattern. That would allow the dark green vines you have on the ground to be more visible and to serve as their own kind of plant. Keeping the flower colors together in clumps would also be good (pinks over here, purple there, red more over there, etc.), in order to really emphasize the colors and allow them to shine. For myself I try to limit the number of colors of flowers in a build just to keep it from getting too visually busy. 

Excellent layout with the round towers and angled wall here! The mix of dark bley and tan looks nice, but I agree with Henjin that smaller patches of tan on the straight sections of wall would probably look better. :classic:
Great job with the roof for the round tower as well :thumbup: