ranghaal

Overview of Lego Contests?

Hello,

I'm quite new to the Lego scene. As I understand there are often building contests? I already heard of the CCC or the Iron Builder. But there are surely smaller ones?

Do you know some overview?
I guess I'm mainly interested in historic themes, because it fits my building style best.

Cheers
Ralf

P.S.:

A tree building contest would be excellent, too, as I plan to do some large trees soon :-)

Edited by ranghaal

Yep! There are contests basically the whole way through the year! :)

January-February is the Tourney, April-May is a Middle Earth contest called MELO, June-July is a pretty big contest called The Summer Joust, August is The Colossal Battle Contest, A small break for September and October, as school starts back for a lot of the TFOLs like me. ;) And finally the CCC which is November and December. These are some of the major castle contests throughout the year. :) There are some minor contests you can sometimes find as well. :)

4 hours ago, ranghaal said:

Wow! Thanks!

No problem! I'll get links sometime soon, and share them on here so you can look at them closer. :)

Edited by TheLordOfBricks

On 1/20/2018 at 3:43 PM, TheLordOfBricks said:

June-July is a pretty big contest called The Summer Joust, August is The Colossal Battle Contest

It seems ages since I opened this topic. The summer joust was pretty ok for me though I mismanaged my time and couldn't finish the remaining three categories.
Next stop Colossal Battle Contest? 

3 hours ago, ranghaal said:

It seems ages since I opened this topic. The summer joust was pretty ok for me though I mismanaged my time and couldn't finish the remaining three categories.
Next stop Colossal Battle Contest? 

Yep, that is the next major one, I haven't seen any notifications for it yet though, so they either aren't doing it, or are starting later.

5 minutes ago, TheLordOfBricks said:

Yep, that is the next major one, I haven't seen any notifications for it yet though, so they either aren't doing it, or are starting later.

Ok, I haven't found anything yet, either. So I don't need to look out for it right now.

1 hour ago, ranghaal said:

Ok, I haven't found anything yet, either. So I don't need to look out for it right now.

Yeah, I'm thinking either mid August or early September it will start, if it does go on.