STHLM

[MOC] Brownstone inspired buildings

Brownstone Street is amazing!  It looks like it took a lot of time to get those many buildings in with that much detail.  I especially like the effect with the lights.  Also, the reflection on the street gives the appearance that it just rained.  It creates an interesting mood for the photo.  

Very nice MOC, there are so many things I love, it would be too difficult to list all of them! I especially love all the details you put on the roofs of every single building and their rooflines! You put even a lot of details on the backside of your buildings, I love that! Putting pieces on the fences to make them longer and more detailed is a very nice idea! Definitely a lot of inspiration to take from this MOC! Thanks for sharing it :classic: 

Edited by LegoModularFan

On 2018-01-20 at 3:59 AM, AFOLguy1970 said:

Brownstone Street is amazing!  It looks like it took a lot of time to get those many buildings in with that much detail.  I especially like the effect with the lights.  Also, the reflection on the street gives the appearance that it just rained.  It creates an interesting mood for the photo.  

Thank you for the kind words.

On 2018-01-20 at 4:17 AM, beverly888 said:

Very nice.  Each building is distinct architecturally and they all fit together so well.  

Thanks! That was what I was hoping for, that they would be different, yet fit together.

On 2018-01-20 at 12:42 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Very nice MOC, there are so many things I love, it would be too difficult to list all of them! I especially love all the details you put on the roofs of every single building and their rooflines! You put even a lot of details on the backside of your buildings, I love that! Putting pieces on the fences to make them longer and more detailed is a very nice idea! Definitely a lot of inspiration to take from this MOC! Thanks for sharing it :classic: 

Thank you for your input, I'm glad you like it. When building flat roof, I think it's a waste of space not using them to fill with some scenes or at least some equipment and rubble. For me, it's too boring to build plain backsides, I ofter try ideas that couldn't make on the front of the house.

I like how you balanced the colors. Real buildings are rarely blue, red, green etc. It's the color that comes from the windows that saves this realistic scheme from just looking monotone. Great job!

MAC

On 2018-01-21 at 8:29 PM, iammac said:

I like how you balanced the colors. Real buildings are rarely blue, red, green etc. It's the color that comes from the windows that saves this realistic scheme from just looking monotone. Great job!

MAC

Thanks for your kind words.

This is a nice street layout. While it gets mine attention very easily, it looks great from a distance, but a bit less so from up close. I like the color scheme, however the white brownstone is a bit of. It stands out too much, and I don't like the dark orange details (they clash too much).

Nevertheless, I don't want to critize. It's a bold plan to make multiple buildings, similar in style, but not copies. I think you did that well, specially the diferences in the detailing (roof finish, fence, facade patterns).

Do you have any shots of the interior too? It looks pretty bright from this photos. What's inside?

Cool looking street. I like the elevated entrances and the overall reduced usage of colors. The interiors feature some nice detail as well!

On 2018-01-22 at 10:49 PM, Redhead1982 said:

This is a nice street layout. While it gets mine attention very easily, it looks great from a distance, but a bit less so from up close. I like the color scheme, however the white brownstone is a bit of. It stands out too much, and I don't like the dark orange details (they clash too much).

Nevertheless, I don't want to critize. It's a bold plan to make multiple buildings, similar in style, but not copies. I think you did that well, specially the diferences in the detailing (roof finish, fence, facade patterns).

Do you have any shots of the interior too? It looks pretty bright from this photos. What's inside?

Thanks for your input! I'm the least satisfied with the white buildnig, so I can argue with you about that. I wanted to use the pieces from the. less than great, Brick Bank.

What I really wanted to try in this project was different types of striping techniques.

There's not much going on inside.That's why I've used curtains and blinds in the windows.  I don't really like to build apartement interiors anymore. I get stuck in logic, and I think that there has to be a certain features, like a kitchen, a toilet and a bed.

On 2018-01-23 at 3:20 PM, peedeejay said:

Cool looking street. I like the elevated entrances and the overall reduced usage of colors. The interiors feature some nice detail as well!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it,

On 2018-01-23 at 6:01 PM, RogerSmith said:

Cool mocs! Captures the brownstone feel pretty good!

Thanks! I've never been to New York, so I've used Google Street view a lot.

Very nice street layout! I really like the interior design of Vinyl Cellar. The lighting is also nice.

However, a few lampposts could be added to complete it. :)

On 2018-01-27 at 7:29 PM, kreimkoek said:

This is really cool, the lighting makes it feel alive.

I like the greens on the backside :)

Thank you! I'm glad you found the backside interesting too.

19 hours ago, AntiZombie said:

Very nice street layout! I really like the interior design of Vinyl Cellar. The lighting is also nice.

However, a few lampposts could be added to complete it. :)

Thanks for your kind words!

You're right about that some street lights would fit in. I've tried some different types:

27912235579_92f8d0fc86.jpg

Some street lamps by Nybohov Creation Ltd., on Flickr