Sign in to follow this  
Paperinik77pk

MOC - Atari 2600 - Raspberry PI Zero Case

Hi all, 

I would like to show you a MOC based on an already existing creation of @afolman which can be found on internet. It is a miniature Atari 2600 - woody version with four levers -  it is very simple and quite solid.

I reworked a bit the Joystick and the four levers, which are made by four silver minifig screwdrivers inside a Pneumatic pipe, squeezed by the two slope bricks.

15083589541_DISPLAY.jpg

15083589542_DISPLAY.jpg

I saw many similar creations on Internet but I wanted to go one step beyond, making it functional and usable.

I therefore designed it to be empty inside.

15083589553_DISPLAY.jpg

In this way I could accomodate a very small Raspberry PI zero (without WI-FI) in it. I only had to remove a small plastic lid from the little motherboard (the lid can be put on again without problems). 

15083589554_DISPLAY.jpg

15083589555_DISPLAY.jpg

The Mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter was modified to reduce its size, but now I have a dedicated Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable which is surely nicer.

15083589872_DISPLAY.jpg

LEGO ATARI 2600 - Raspberry Pi Zero Case

15083589873_DISPLAY.jpg

Once installed the RetroPie distribution, and inserted all the roms...pardon...original cartridge images:laugh: - I can bring my small 2600 everywhere!

Thanks to @afolman for the inspiration. I hope you like it :classic:

Edited by Paperinik77pk

Very nice!  Certainly a creative use for that Atari MOC.  So many good things start out with Lego; you know, the first Google server case was made out of Lego.  :classic:

Now you need to have interchangeable cases for whatever you're emulating (NES, Coleco, etc.)...  :wink: