Sign in to follow this  
Trojan

Lego Technic Groups, Shows, Meets in Uk?

Hi all. I’m hoping to find out about any groups or events in the UK that are particularly interested in Technic Mocs, mods etc. Or at least include some in their collection. I see lots of videos and photos of gatherings on YouTube or Flickr in the US and Europe. I am aware of adult Lego groups in the uk however they are not really interested in Technic. I know that the Technic side of the community will always be smaller and I think that by nature we are more solitary creatures. I do wander why it is so hard to find this kind of thing over here though, I know there are many talented builders In this country. Are we just a miserable lot? Do I really have to get on an airplane and cross the channel to see some of these custom creations in the flesh? 

Many thanks 

Troy 

I too am based in the UK, and love Technic, but as a collector, 

As we know Technic sells well in the UK, but having attended many of the public shows in the past 5 years, Technic has rarely featured as a display piece.  Yes many builders use technic components in their builds, but these are usually only strutually or for functions.  

Used to be a chap who was local to me who used to do massive Technic builds, Simon was his name I think.  I definately saw him at a few of the shows with some mighty impressive technic and robot constructions, but I've not seen him around for a couple of years now.

Paul

Technic appears to be overlooked where the shows and fan events are concerned.  This has always seemed a little odd, considering the apparent popularity of the Technic theme within the UK.  I've never really found a suitable explanation for this.