Sign in to follow this  
prepmaster

Lego on a roll?!

So... I saw this at walmart and am a little intrigued. The price was a little high for what I thought they should go for so I didn't buy it. I did like that they had pink and cyan. My daughters like to build lego disney and friends and those colors will go nicely. Regardless. I added pictures to Flickr but can't figure out how to share them here.... I tried looking at the tutorial in the help subforum. I tried sharing but this new topic window says there is no image there. I also tried to insert as a URL but it glowed red.

It looks like a roll of rubber studded tape. It says on the wrapper you just cut to fit, peel and stick. I thought I could make a table all lego sheeted. Maybe I could get creative and do a wall with legos or something else. Not sure if it will fit legos or how well so I thought I would post on here and see if anyone has experience with it or can tell me what they think. Thanks!

39040812934_e87d4466e3_k.jpg20180115_210518 by nicholas wood, on Flickr

39718041872_b44142b67e_k.jpg20180115_210515 by nicholas wood, on Flickr

I totally thought this thread was going to be about recent Lego financial data success and hoping maybe they could hire all those people back, but no, its the tape thing. :tongue:

Might want to have the rubber tested for lead content. Is that the clearance price at $4.50, because they should give you $4.50 in store credit just for looking at it. :grin:

I first saw this stuff on kickstarter (or was it indiegogo? one of those fund raising sites).  Now many companies seem to be making it.

I haven't tried it - don't really have any use for it.  I've heard it works well, but that was the original - with so many companies making stuff like this, how well it works probably varies wildly.

[

4 hours ago, NathanR said:

Interesting... I've heard of this stuff but never actually seen any. If I remember right brickset once did a review of something similar - got it! here's the link: https://brickset.com/article/28697/review-lego-compatible-sticky-tape

Great review!

3 hours ago, koalayummies said:

I totally thought this thread was going to be about recent Lego financial data success and hoping maybe they could hire all those people back, but no, its the tape thing. :tongue:

Might want to have the rubber tested for lead content. Is that the clearance price at $4.50, because they should give you $4.50 in store credit just for looking at it. :grin:

financial data and people getting hired back? What happened?

8 hours ago, koalayummies said:

So did I! 

@Sariel did a video review of these products that you might want to check out:

I think it's pretty good, but I haven't bought any myself as I have no use for it really. 

10 hours ago, fred67 said:

I first saw this stuff on kickstarter (or was it indiegogo? one of those fund raising sites).  Now many companies seem to be making it.

Yeah, loads of places do it now. You can get it quite cheap from China too if you don't mind waiting.

I got some and for slopes it's ok, but won't hold upside down. works best on 2x4+ bricks as there is not much grip.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:00 AM, knotian said:

I got some and for slopes it's ok, but won't hold upside down. works best on 2x4+ bricks as there is not much grip.

If you were using this just to tape it to a wall (or upside down), and not for it's flexibility, then you could start with a large plate to get a lot of studs connected for more grip.

I've seen that on Amazon and at Walmart. I haven't been brave enough to try it out though... Please post pictures if you do!

Edited by LM71Blackbird