WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71020 LEGO Minifigures - LEGO Batman Movie Series 2

LEGO Minifigures - LEGO Batman Movie Series 2  

103 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire LEGO Batman Movie Series 2?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for LEGO Batman Movie Series?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it
  4. 4. Will you like to see traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series?

• 1 - Yes, I prefer the traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 2 - No, I prefer licensed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 3 - No, I prefer singular theme on LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series

Wonderful review, once again!

I do have one comment only: The most superfluous series so far... :sadnew: Just for nerds.

Oh... wait ....! :wink::grin:

On 17/1/2018 at 1:41 PM, WhiteFang said:

I am not sure why Alfred choose this design because it does make me feel like a prisoner uniform

Because thats the bathing suit Alfred wore when he was younger - around the time of the first decades of the 1900, striped full-body bathing suits was the shit.

the mermaid leg was first appeared in the 2009 Pirates

Actually, that brick appeared as long back as 2005 in the Harry Potter set 4762 Rescue from the Merpeople.

Ā 

The parts assortment are above average and the large part of it is attributed to the dolphin

I can see that the eye-printing is better, but the dolphin brick with different eye-print has been in abundance in Friends sets, like 41015 Dolphin Cruiser from 2013. So I dont get the hype about this one.

When you lists the parts of Soccer Mom Batgirl, you forget the hood - isnt that a unique piece?

Ā 

As always, a fantastic review - I aprreciate the your reviews more than the actual minifigs. As a completist, I will of course get all 20, but the set as such leaves me unimpressed.

Ā 

Terrific review as always! One fast question, Iā€™ve little experience with the circular tile on which Zanā€™s face is printed. Is it supposed to actually snap into the top of the bucked or does it just sort of rest in there?

Thank you very much guys for your kind thoughts! I am glad you had enjoyed it. :sweet:Ā 

On 1/24/2018 at 3:40 PM, samurai-turtle said:

I was wondering something about Jor-El does he have any back printing?Ā 

Nope, there's no back printing. Just plain white. I had amended in the review

3 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

Because thats the bathing suit Alfred wore when he was younger - around the time of the first decades of the 1900, striped full-body bathing suits was the shit.

I didn't know about that, but come to think about it. You are right that his fashion was reflected back in his times.Ā 

3 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

Actually, that brick appeared as long back as 2005 in the Harry Potter set 4762 Rescue from the Merpeople.

I can see that the eye-printing is better, but the dolphin brick with different eye-print has been in abundance in Friends sets, like 41015 Dolphin Cruiser from 2013. So I dont get the hype about this one.

When you lists the parts of Soccer Mom Batgirl, you forget the hood - isnt that a unique piece?

As always, a fantastic review - I aprreciate the your reviews more than the actual minifigs. As a completist, I will of course get all 20, but the set as such leaves me unimpressed.

You are right. I totally forgotten about the 4762 HP set. I was so fixated on the 2009 Pirates Mermaid. Yes, that's an unique piece for the hood and I had mentioned it in the review. Thanks for the reminder.Ā 

35 minutes ago, thatblockoguy said:

Terrific review as always! One fast question, Iā€™ve little experience with the circular tile on which Zanā€™s face is printed. Is it supposed to actually snap into the top of the bucked or does it just sort of rest in there?

It just rest on top of the bucket. Added that piece of info in the review. Thanks.Ā 

9 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

I think it is just a cheap way to get a (or another) dolphin. But an add bonus is getting a topless male. Plus, if you wanted to, you could traded it with Mere-Bat's top to make him look less ridiculous.Ā 

6 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

Nope, there's no back printing. Just plain white. I had amended in the review

Thanks, I figured as much.Ā 

46 minutes ago, Herisanmi said:

What about the long announced Collectible Minifigure Series about fancy dress costumes??

Images are available on the net

Ā 

Here is the threat for the Series 18 seriesĀ 

:classic:

On 25/01/2018 at 11:35 AM, ArneNielsen said:

Ā 

I can see that the eye-printing is better, but the dolphin brick with different eye-print has been in abundance in Friends sets, like 41015 Dolphin Cruiser from 2013. So I dont get the hype about thisĀ 

Ā 

Not just a different eye print. Itā€™s a different mould. Only appears in the ā€˜fun at the beach setā€™.Ā 

Thanks guys! :wub:

I had also updated this review that my set now came as a sponsored review by TLG. Hence, some slight update on the reviewing content. For info only.Ā 

On 1/26/2018 at 7:14 PM, Herisanmi said:

What about the long announced Collectible Minifigure Series about fancy dress costumes??

Images are available on the net

Exciting stuff indeed. :sweet:Ā 

Bummer that Jor-El's torso has the Not-an-S logo printed on it. I would have bought 6 or more of thoseĀ if not for that, but it makes them pretty limited-use.

I'll still get one, plus a Doc Phosphorus. The others don't really do anything for me.

Thanks for the review as always, WhiteFang!