ColletArrow

[LDD MOC] 60198 Preliminary replica

That prelim loco with those modifications looks great, even if I have to go with @ColletArrow regarding the handrails. The parts for the pantographs are the robot arms in black, right?

@ColletArrow @Capparezza

Thanks for your feedback, I really like the idea to use Bar 1x3 with clip as pantographs. Think I have never seen before.

Indeed they could be somewhat stronger. With all the weight, it randomly flaps down when touching. Might flap as well when the engine runs on a layout, havn´t tried yet.

Will have a look to the handrails also, makes things easier.

About the tile/slope/ groove issue: You are right, the tile without groove would also do a good job, but I  prefer slope curved, 1x2 due to better availabilty.

10 hours ago, Capparezza said:

The parts for the pantographs are the robot arms in black, right?

Yep. 

2 hours ago, BrickMusher said:

Thanks for your feedback, I really like the idea to use Bar 1x3 with clip as pantographs. Think I have never seen before.

Indeed they could be somewhat stronger. With all the weight, it randomly flaps down when touching. Might flap as well when the engine runs on a layout, havn´t tried yet.

I have to admit, it isn't completely my idea, - I searched Google for "lego pantograph", saw this, changed it a little and put it on. I had thought it might flop, but I had no way for testing it. Would it be better if the 2 and 1 arm sections were swapped over?  That way, only the head would droop (I think). 

Hello again!

Another go at 60198 this time preliminary version! I absolutely love it, big thanks to @ColletArrow Link to original post

Had to change front a little and make custom baseplate / bogies. Still very happy with results :)

20180531_21403220180531_21411120180531_214122

I will use this as base to further modifications, i will also try to get correct windshield pieces or brickbuild it somehow.

Thanks for watching and thanks again for sharing LDD file :) 

Edited by Dorino

Another outing for my model! I've lost track of how many people have built it for me, I suppose I should try myself now.

I like the different windscreen; it resembles a more modern locomotive, given the "wrap-around" glass with no pillars. The dark red stripe and different bogies look excellent on it too. Good work.

It looks very nice! Great locomotive, I only don't like the real version (their looks are nice, but the older ones have their problems) but that is something else :). Hope LEGO will bring out slopes that will better match the large roofs though, would make it even nicer! 

On 1/21/2018 at 8:09 PM, BrickMusher said:

Modification: black rail under Front-window, nose shortened one plate, red lights added, 1x1 tiles under front-window changed to round-slope 1x2 (no grooves), changed side-windows (60032 instead of 60592), white step at door instead of red, white grille in middle of body, handrails beside doors, doors with levers, small changes on undercarriage.

Very nice design, exept for the handrails which would look far better in white or black instead of yellow in my opinion.