Sign in to follow this  
Paul Boratko

42077 C-Model Hot Rod Instructions

Haven't posted here in awhile...

If anyone is interested, here are instructions in photo-sequence for a C-Model Hot Rod built exclusively from the 42077 Rally Car...

I did the best that I could with my crappy camera... There are almost 400 pictures and it should be easy to replicate...

INSTRUCTIONS

Edited by Paul Boratko

Already saw this on your YT, very sleek looking hotrod:thumbup:

Thanks for instructions, think I will give this one a go once I have the set

That was my first time seeing the video, super cool little hotrod. Looks very playable and great use of the parts given! How often do you do CModel? 

Cool car:thumbup: I especially like the colourscheme, apart from the onorthodox solution for the windscreen you wouldn't say it is a C-model.

Picked up a second set at TRU and finished this last night. 2 words-> GREAT BUILD. Plans were pretty easy to follow even though they are photos. It didn't feel like I was building the same model with the noticeable changes with the front engine drive train and shortened suspension. I commend you for taking the time to do this. Thanks Paul!

By the way, that orange version with chromed wheels is gorgeous. I might have to look into making a switch with mine. :wub:

Edited by Meatman

Thanks for sharing this great C model.   Love how you used those new rounded connectors to form the roll bars, and the use of fenders to form the dash and the rear of the car.  Awesome!

In the 42093 thread was a discussion about the b-modell "Hot Rod" and how about to use some parts from the 42077 to refine it. Someone set a link to this topic, and i have to say: Great work!

So, if i want a Hot Rod it makes more sense to rebuild my 42077 instead of buying the 42093 set...

I'm currently building it and it seems there's some guess around pic 130 that can be solved at pic 153 (and 160).

I like the build so far anyway.

Edited by fosamax

Thanks a lot for sharing the instructions! The model is great. Do you see any opportunity for using more parts from the original set for upgrading this model?