SilentWolf

[MMM - COR] Everyone participates in Elizabethville

25859297658_e61032b526_c.jpg

"Johnny, why are you still working here in the office? You should be outside with everyone else watching the parade!" scolded James Hendricks. "If you don't leave these books for later, and go out right now I am going to have to fire you." 

James smiled as Johnny Martin, his young clerk, immediately vacated the office to grab his pennant in the storage room, before scrambling out the front door to see the parade that was already passing by. James is the business manager of the WETEC office in Elizabethville. The Elizabethville office is second only to the Arlinsport office in volume of work and sales. Though he is a shrewd business man who requires detailed and perfect work out of all his employees, James is not one to deprive a young man from the joy of the holidays. The New Year is just beginning and Elizabethville has decided to put on a parade that will travel down the length of its main street, all the way down to Fort di Legno near the docks. Many different people have joined the parade, and most of the rest of the town is crowding the walkways watching. 

38860380424_8d81fab05e_c.jpg

First, came the marines, marching in their perfect order. They were stationed on the boat Octavia that is anchored in the bay. Following behind them are the bagpipes of the Corrish highlands playing their sweet but haunting tunes. Following them on horseback are several of the WETEC Light Cavalry.

38860383494_301a8fe025_c.jpg

Following the cavalry, is a most peculiar site. A very tall man is walking by juggling balls. All the kids are in awe of his height, though whispers among the adults about a gadget called stilts has intrigued several who heard the whispers. Following the juggler is an equally peculiar site. A small cart being pulled by a yoke of... pigs! The driver must be skilled indeed to handle pigs so well. Oh, it is a monkey not a man driving the pigs. What a bizarre site to behold. So bizarre in fact that most people missed the man walking behind the pig-monkey cart as if he was in charge of it. The parade goes on with all sorts of fun and peculiar sites. People have moved from all over the old world to settle in this new colony. Many who have settled here, like the bagpipers of the highlands, have brought their own customs and traditions that they continue to follow. Together, all these customs and traditions are mixing into one town and colony that creates exciting holidays indeed. 

27792641059_199065bdf7_c.jpg

I had the renders completed prior to the challenge completing but ran into problems with Flickr not allowing me to access my photos. Thanks to Drunknock for the opportunity to get the kinks worked out and get this build posted. 
This build is going to be licensed as a large commerce in Elizabethville, and I hope to expand it in the future to make a larger main street as I envision it.

Edited by SilentWolf

This is a really nice creation, I'm impressed by how good the orange looks!  Great job on the roof and porch too.

A nice entry SilentWolf, Kai is right, the orange (MD Flesh?) looks great. I like the parade and the concept of all the cultures mixing in the celebration. Great job!

I always found it very hard to MOC letters in LEGO - and you did an amazing job with yours. Great display of the parade as well, and man... that house is wonderful! Nice work.