Edwin Korstanje

MOC/WIP Fairplay IX en XI TUGBOAT in scale 1/60

Big fan of your work Edwin!  Your detailed builds are so amazing that I too often don't know what to add.  

Thank you for sharing your wip photos and write-ups to your projects as they really helps me to learn.  

1 hour ago, Ludo Visser said:

I'm not always replying, because I don't know what to add... You're building techniques are so detailed that it just blows my simple mind. *huh*

How do you keep up with the available parts? I often browse through the LDD library to see what's available, but with just Technic parts I can barely keep up, let alone all the System parts...

Great model as always in any case, keep it up :thumbup:

Hi @Ludo Visser,

It's great to hear from a builder like you are, likes my work.:thumbup: 

Still learning every day new techniques and parts what Lego ever produced over the years and what i can use for my builds.

For this project my customer and aslo a well know person in the Lego scenes, challenged me to build this extreme round tugboat with two bow's and must be smaller than Minifig scale.

That is why i have to set the bar so high for myself alone to get all the details spot on.

Maybe it's a gift, but when i seen a real object that i have to be translate to Lego and have the inspiration flow, than it's comes naturally out my hands.:wink:

1 hour ago, KD123 said:

Big fan of your work Edwin!  Your detailed builds are so amazing that I too often don't know what to add.  

Thank you for sharing your wip photos and write-ups to your projects as they really helps me to learn.  

Many thanks @KD123 for the kind words and glad you like the WIP stages.:thumbup:

Building the details is the most fun on any build. I had today not so much time that i wanted to spend on her, but have build some of the outside sprinkler pipes with the nozzels and the liferaft settings, also the superstructure is almost done.

40463095441_25659ff3dc_c.jpgIMG_7296 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

25592181367_77a7290f07_c.jpgIMG_7300 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

outstanding work there Edwin,love the lights the way you have them incorporated into the superstructure,what scale are you building this it does look minifig,so many uses of pieces i had never thought uses for.keep the pics coming 

cheers Jim

3 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Oh my gosh!

Those pipes with valves are too much for me :wub: ...the details level is crazy!

I love to see the first deck growing up! :thumbup:

Thanks you @LEGO Train 12 Volts.:thumbup:

10 minutes ago, jim7564 said:

outstanding work there Edwin,love the lights the way you have them incorporated into the superstructure,what scale are you building this it does look minifig,so many uses of pieces i had never thought uses for.keep the pics coming 

cheers Jim

Thanks @jim7564, It's a little bit smaller than minifig scale and is build in 1/50.

the red and green navigation lights are on the wrong side RED portside (left) GREEN starboard side (right) truly outstanding considering detail considering the size and scale,love to see the WIP on builds,i can learn so much

i assumed the bow is the higher part but looking through the thread you can not be sure which is bow or stern so i maybe wrong,LOL.

13 hours ago, supertechnicman said:

Very nice! What do you use to power the lighting system? 

I use a 4.5 volt USB adapter to 220v. with this systeem you can choose with 220v and a powerbank and conected by a USB cable.

6 hours ago, jim7564 said:

the red and green navigation lights are on the wrong side RED portside (left) GREEN starboard side (right) truly outstanding considering detail considering the size and scale,love to see the WIP on builds,i can learn so much

*huh* Oeps your right and have changed it.:laugh::wink: 

Officialy this ship has a bow, but sailing normaly in the wrong direction.

GRAS: "Groen Rechts Aan Stuurboord" (Green Right on Starboard), that's how I remember  :wink:

It's really inspiring to see how you do all those details. So many minifigs that are handless now :laugh:

On ‎27‎-‎2‎-‎2018 at 9:14 PM, Ludo Visser said:

GRAS: "Groen Rechts Aan Stuurboord" (Green Right on Starboard), that's how I remember  :wink:

It's really inspiring to see how you do all those details. So many minifigs that are handless now :laugh:

Yes, yes @Ludo Visser tease me. :laugh:  

And because this ship sailing almost only backwards, that even me makes mistakes.:laugh::wink:

You are complete right about my minefigs and are all literally handi(less)capped.*huh*

Here are the last update and the base from the wheelhouse is now standing.

25672004297_f1fa6eede5_c.jpgIMG_7321 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

40542836371_2b54e54a4e_c.jpgIMG_7323 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

not sure but on a closer look at the navigation lights they appear to be doubled up on either side (presume it depends on the direction its steaming) like you say most of the time its going backwards LOL.strange the exhausts are at the front limiting visibility,

40 minutes ago, jim7564 said:

not sure but on a closer look at the navigation lights they appear to be doubled up on either side (presume it depends on the direction its steaming) like you say most of the time its going backwards LOL.strange the exhausts are at the front limiting visibility,

LOL everything is strange on this tug.:laugh:

The trusters are at the bow, the chimneys are at the bow and the crane also.

The wheelhouse settings looks to the stern and the hull have two bows, so just i said it's a strange tug.*huh*

one thing for sure your model is perfect. instantly recognizable to the real thing,:thumbup: to put a green and red light would prob spoil it so i think you have it right.prob one of your best

i always find builds improve everytime i build always better techniques as you progress.especially seeing how others build

Yet another fantastic ship model, love checking out all the details.

Do you actually glue the final build together, just wondering because it looks like some of those connections are quite fragile and perhaps a bit not legal. 

Great build, always enjoy following your progress. 

On ‎2‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 1:45 PM, Johnny1360 said:

Yet another fantastic ship model, love checking out all the details.

Do you actually glue the final build together, just wondering because it looks like some of those connections are quite fragile and perhaps a bit not legal. 

Great build, always enjoy following your progress. 

Thank you @Johnny1360.

There is nothing glued on this ship and when you must glue it than it cost twice the building time. Some parts are a little fragile, but overal very strong.

43 minutes ago, grum64 said:

Again you show that you’re the King of detailing.

Thank you so much for your great comment my dear friend.:thumbup: